Your favorite horror icon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your favorite horror icon?

• Freddy Krueger

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • Michael Myers

Votes: 50 27.8%
  • Jason Vorhees

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Leatherface

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Pinhead

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Chucky

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 21 11.7%

• Total voters
Tbh, I only voted Michael because they didn't include my favorite...

THE GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS!!!!!
godmonster5.jpg

That's what the "OTHER" option is for. :duh:lol

I cast my vote for Freddy. He's been my favorite since I first saw the original Nightmare on Elm Street back in high school.

Halloween is my favorite film of all time but oddly my favorite icon is Jason. When I think of Myers and Halloween I see it as a graph that started high and has been going down ever since. He's been hurt a lot in my eyes by the Akkad family.

Jason is Jason. Personality wise he's the same as he's aways been from part 2 to the present (outside of the ridiculous "afraid of water bull____ FvJ laid on him). As bad as some movies were he himself was never turned into a joke (Freddy was overexposed and him riding a broom in Freddy's Dead was the tip of the iceberg of the farce he had become). Myers from the Thorn debacle to Busta Rhymes beating his ass using kung fu to Rob Zombie not getting it... breaks my heart.

Jason man, he's the ____. The only one who consistently gave me nightmares. Final Chapter in the theater freaked me out for life and I loved every second of it.

I've always been a huge freddy fan. But I do also really love Mike. So it was hard for me to choose just one. But I went with Freddy.

Don'cha just love these polls where the question posed could include so many choices, spanning the decades and we get a list of their personal favorites to choose from?:dunno

Seriously though and with no intent to rag on the poll's originator, how can the ultimate greats of horror (Universal, for instance):rock be dumped into "Other"?

Apparently a number of people agree. At this posting, "Other" has one of the higher levels of choice.

Actually, 18 out of 146 people agree with you. That's only 15 more votes than Chucky.

Most people on these boards probably don't consider them to be "icons", including me. Maybe at 28, I'm just not old enough. I didn't lump them into Other on purpose. Just never thought about them once honestly.

Only a few people enjoy the Classic Uni Monsters, more people consider these guys to be the classics. Like me. :D

Actually, 18 out of 146 people agree with you. That's only 15 more votes than Chucky.

Most people on these boards probably don't consider them to be "icons", including me. Maybe at 28, I'm just not old enough. I didn't lump them into Other on purpose. Just never thought about them once honestly.

I disagree with this 100%. And you are right, at 28, the appreciation for the characters might not be there. I wouldn't limit the Universal Monsters to Horror Icon. Their status is greater than that. Cinema Icons or Hollywood Icons would be more accurate.

I disagree with this 100%. And you are right, at 28, the appreciation for the characters might not be there. I wouldn't limit the Universal Monsters to Horror Icon. Their status is greater than that. Cinema Icons or Hollywood Icons would be more accurate.

That's pretty confusing. You disagree with what 100%? :)

You gotta read more than one and a half sentences to gain enlightenment. I.E. read the quoted post and the response in whole so you don't look like dumb folk. :D

There's no need to insult. I'm confused as to what part of my post you disagreed 100% with. I know you agreed with the at 28 years old part...

He's right. I watched Frankinstien....didnt like it at all. I can appreciate films from that specific era...but I just thought it was just bad. Bash away if you will. But I watched Casablanca, and Citizen Kane before that....and I enjoyed them both. So it aint a time issue. I just thought nothing really worked, it just felt short and incomplete.

He's right. I watched Frankinstien....didnt like it at all. I can appreciate films from that specific era...but I just thought it was just bad. Bash away if you will. But I watched Casablanca, and Citizen Kane before that....and I enjoyed them both. So it aint a time issue. I just thought nothing really worked, it just felt short and incomplete.

I also wasn't impressed with the original Frankenstein. Bride Of Frankenstein is amazing thoughl. Some of the oldies are give and take just like today's movies. I hated the original Dracula. As you said bash away if you will. I appreciate these films but doesn't mean I have to like them all.

Back