Your Favorite Episode and Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firefly - Our Mrs. Reynolds

Whomever cancelled Firefly deserves to go to the Special Hell. The place reserved for child molestors, those who talk at the theater.

I've been a vampire fan since I was a little kid so I started watching Buffy right away and was totally hooked. As time went on my favorites changed and I once disliked season 6 its now my favorite.
Firefly is my all time favorite series and "the Message" is my favorite episode. The entire series just fits me like a glove, the humor, the action, the undertone that carried through it.
Angel never really gave me the same sense of 'not miss urgency' but I routinely watch it over and over again.

I think The Message is my second favorite. Shindig is way up there too.

I do not have an easy time ranking Firefly episodes. They were so consistently great that the best of them crowd the high end of the scale. It's easier for me to single out the lesser episodes (Train Job, Bushwhacked, Objects in Space...the one where River and Simon get kidnapped).

I think The Message is my second favorite. Shindig is way up there too.

I do not have an easy time ranking Firefly episodes. They were so consistently great that the best of them crowd the high end of the scale. It's easier for me to single out the lesser episodes (Train Job, Bushwhacked, Objects in Space...the one where River and Simon get kidnapped).

Ouch, that hurts. Objects in Space is one of my favorites. Probably my second favorite. :clap

Firefly. When I was growing up, Buffy was one of those shows I would tune in on an irregular basis but I never followed it. It's something to look back on and talk about with friends but not my favourite.

My favourite Firefly episode is "Out of Gas". It kind of cements the running theme of Firefly, a story of a ragtag group traveling through space, toward an uncertain future. It tells its story in alternate time frames: the past, near present and present. Anyone who has seen it will know how bleak the present timeframe is while the near present timeframe shows the events that led to it. For me, it exemplifies the uncertain nature of traveling in the frontier. What Mal sees in a broken and discarded transport ship is freedom to go somewhere. It doesn't really matter where. An uncertain future perhaps, but one he can face on his terms. Even if those terms involve shooting and punching people.

Buffy is what I grew up with, so will always have a special place. Actually just rewatched it all after a few years, and still holds up well. The wife had never fully explored the 'Buffyverse', and now I think she's a bigger fan than me.. :) episodes are tough, as there are so many good ones, but 'hush' is brilliant, as are most of the season finale episodes..

I'm a huge firefly fan, and 'Jaynestown', 'out of gas' with some background stories and 'heart of gold' were my faves. 'heart of gold' was powerful because of the mal and Inara relationship. There were looks in that episode that didn't even require dialogue to be powerful.. Why joss didn't get mal to kiss her before he said 'good answer' at the end of the serenity movie, is something that will always pain me. Knowing there's a good chance we would never get to see these characters again, it would've been satisfying, but still complicated enough to draw your own conclusions to how it panned out. Particularly with the knowledge that we are now aware of that Inara was terminally ill.. So there you go! :)

Been reading this thread and it compelled me to buy the seasons all over again. I had them once back when they would come out every year (only watched then on home video never on the WB) but decided to sell them because they were the big bulky boxes and took up a lot of room and I just was not sure how they would hold up.

Now don't get me wrong. I loved Buffy when I watched it. I also loved the show Angel. I actually have watched all of season 1 of Buffy three times. Once on VHS then again on DVD when it came out. Then once again when I thought I would try and rewatch the whole series.

I was going along just fine and then I hit season two ep 4. My least fav Buffy episode ever, Inca Mummy Girl. I wanted to be a completest and watch all the episodes but I could not get through it. I put the show up and promised to return but over time I lost interest. I also found Supernatural which owes much to Buffy but IMO is just a more overall enjoyable show. Perhaps it is because I am a guy and I click more with the characters on Supernatural. But I think the real reason is Buffy and Angel can get so damn dark at times. It sort of makes it hard to go back to. Characters that I love get killed and while that is a great thing story wise it makes it hard to return to. I still have not forgiven Angel for destroying everything that was Winifred. I mean my god, it's one thing to kill her but do they have to destroy her soul so that nothing about her was left?? It Still depresses me. Supernatural has killed off some regulars but nobody that I loved as much as Buffy's mom or Winifred.

I decided the other day to check out this section of the forum (I defended it to not be closed down even though I never visit) and all this talk about fav episodes got me to thinking about the fun I had in Sunnydale. So It's time to give the show another go. I was able to get both the Chosen collection and the Angel complete collection set for a good price. So I guess I would like to say thanks to all you fans who's excitement about the shows got me excited again

And so I will be starting my trip back to the Buffyverse very soon and watch the Girl save the world again....A lot.

Been reading this thread and it compelled me to buy the seasons all over again. I had them once back when they would come out every year (only watched then on home video never on the WB) but decided to sell them because they were the big bulky boxes and took up a lot of room and I just was not sure how they would hold up.

Now don't get me wrong. I loved Buffy when I watched it. I also loved the show Angel. I actually have watched all of season 1 of Buffy three times. Once on VHS then again on DVD when it came out. Then once again when I thought I would try and rewatch the whole series.

I was going along just fine and then I hit season two ep 4. My least fav Buffy episode ever, Inca Mummy Girl. I wanted to be a completest and watch all the episodes but I could not get through it. I put the show up and promised to return but over time I lost interest. I also found Supernatural which owes much to Buffy but IMO is just a more overall enjoyable show. Perhaps it is because I am a guy and I click more with the characters on Supernatural. But I think the real reason is Buffy and Angel can get so damn dark at times. It sort of makes it hard to go back to. Characters that I love get killed and while that is a great thing story wise it makes it hard to return to. I still have not forgiven Angel for destroying everything that was Winifred. I mean my god, it's one thing to kill her but do they have to destroy her soul so that nothing about her was left?? It Still depresses me. Supernatural has killed off some regulars but nobody that I loved as much as Buffy's mom or Winifred.

I decided the other day to check out this section of the forum (I defended it to not be closed down even though I never visit) and all this talk about fav episodes got me to thinking about the fun I had in Sunnydale. So It's time to give the show another go. I was able to get both the Chosen collection and the Angel complete collection set for a good price. So I guess I would like to say thanks to all you fans who's excitement about the shows got me excited again

And so I will be starting my trip back to the Buffyverse very soon and watch the Girl save the world again....A lot.

Glad to see you in Whedonville, JAWS. :rock

Keep us updated as to your progress! Season 2 is arguably my favorite of all of the seasons (Buffy-wise), so I'm curious to hear your reaction once you've seen it from start to finish. I can't praise Buffy, Angel (or Supernatural, for that matter) enough.

Glad to see you in Whedonville, JAWS. :rock

Keep us updated as to your progress! Season 2 is arguably my favorite of all of the seasons (Buffy-wise), so I'm curious to hear your reaction once you've seen it from start to finish. I can't praise Buffy, Angel (or Supernatural, for that matter) enough.

Since I have already watched them all once I can tell you that Season 2 was my fav season as well. It had two of my fav villians, Spike and Drucilla and you had the GREAT Angelus storyline. I guess that makes three of my fav villians :) I don't remember a ton more other then I always remember enjoying that season the most.

It will be fun to see if it remains my fav.

Ouch, that hurts. Objects in Space is one of my favorites. Probably my second favorite. :clap

picture.php

That's the thing with Firefly. There's so little that personal tastes will always kick something to the end of the list, but the bottom is never far from the top.

Since I have already watched them all once I can tell you that Season 2 was my fav season as well. It had two of my fav villians, Spike and Drucilla and you had the GREAT Angelus storyline. I guess that makes three of my fav villians :) I don't remember a ton more other then I always remember enjoying that season the most.

It will be fun to see if it remains my fav.

Ah. Sorry, I misread. And a fine choice of villains, my friend! :goodpost:

My faves as well. That season definitely had that special something. Just the overall vibe from beginning to end was memorable, to say the least.

Ahhhh....memories.

Back