Your All Time Favorite Movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spider-Man (2002)

wOtZVxF.jpg

this will Date me but I have to go with the film that also had the most impact for me, The Exorcist.
I remember seeing it on a cold rainy evening at the Nothpoint Theater in 70mm and Dolby in San Francisco.

Some of you may remember this, the Dolby starts off with heavy Steam for a huge Locomative just getting going.It rattled the holy S*IT out of the Theater.

Anyway just the Carriage Horses going across the Cobblestones in the beginnig of the film with the Old Woman looking out the Carriage window was unnerving enough.But Friedkin had to up it even more when Regan goes in for the medical tests the MRI machine was so loud and had so much low end with each KLUNK! Damn' and we were not really even into the film yet.

Anyway I ended up sitting through it Twice.Those were the Days.

I have to tell this story.. I always sit in the middle and fairly close you didn't get people around you much then.During my second viewing a Man with Chinese food came in right as the film was starting.He sits two rows in front of me but almost on the Aisle.I thought to myself this guy is not going to make it.He waited awhile before he began eating.At one point into the film(honestly I can't remember exactly,I would like to say it's when Regan is spewing split pea soup but I can't)he digs into his Box of Noodles with chopsticks and he's going at it.Next thing I see is Chinese food flying out of this guys nose and mouth he's choking and coughing and starts yelling at the screen.Leaves his bag of food and runs out.He never returned.

Yep' scared foodless.

Well worth the second viewing.

Last edited:
The Lord of the Rings trilogy, this movie, and trilogy in general, is a literary masterpiece, and simply refuses to get old. I love this movie so much it's become a tradition to watch the Lord of the Rings series at least once a year! Every single thing about this movie is cool. It's my number one favorite movie of all time.

Oh that's a long list. I love the good old movies and TV shows. I also like some documentaries and I also like to watch about nature and animals to relax

I consider the BEST movie of all time to be my second favorite film...Chinatown.
My personal favorite film is The Shining.

Ok here goes... showing my age here. I saw Star Wars in August of ?77 at the Central Plaza cinema in Yonkers, NY. Back then, movies did not get wide releases like now a days so depending on where you lived you had to sometimes wait for the movie to make it?s way up to you. I was 10 and it blew me away and also got me hooked on my current film addiction. Fast forward to June 25th, 1982. My mom and I would always hit a movie on a Friday night-her choice was Poltergeist and mine was Blade Runner. I?ve been waiting for over a year to see it once Starlog, Fantastic Films and Marvel Comics started promoting it. We wound up seeing both that night-Poltergeist then a midnight showing of Blade Runner. When Blade Runner ended, I was in awe, confused, maybe even disappointed. I was expecting Indiana Jones vs Aliens. But I knew I?d just seen something special. Funny thing is my mom loved it. The following day I went back to see it again and it all clicked. This film was a masterpiece.
To this day, it?s still my favorite film. I took my daughter to Alamo Drafthouse when we were living in Dallas to see it and she had the same first reaction as I had. It was playing for three nights in a row and we went to all of the showings. On her second viewing, it clicked-she loved it and continues to love the film. It?s my all time favorite film.

Not sure where this question belongs but...

What was the better DECADE for movies -- 2000-2009 versus 2010-2019

The Tens seem to be dominated mostly by the MCU... and the Disney Wars to a lesser degree.

The 00s had LOTR, Star Wars PT, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nolan Bats, Craig Bond, latter Matrix, and a slew of other reboots and long-in-the-tooth sequels (from Die Hard to Indiana Jones).

More original and variety in the naughts.....

But nothing can pared to the 80?s for sheer original concepts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the 00s compared to the 10s. You had some great stuff like
-Master & Commander
-Collateral
-Lord Of War
-The Aviator
-Snatch
-There Will Be Blood
-The Last Samurai
-No Country For Old Men
-High Fidelity
-Thank You For Smoking
-Sunshine
-The Prestige
-Treasure Planet
-Wall*E
-The Fountain
-Inland Empire
-Morvern Callar
-Tropic Thunder
-25th Hour
-Zodiac
-Minority Report
-Bourne
-Sideways
-Stardust
-Before Sunrise/Sunset
-Walk The Line
-The Assassination Of Jesse James
-In The Mood For Love
-Donnie Darko
-Vanilla Sky

Even the Blockbusters were better then. You had PotC, LotR and the Post-Gladiator Historical Epics like Troy, Alexander and 300. Capeflicks meant something back then, as they weren't churned out every other week. I'd definitely take the 00s over the 10s, in most aspects, not just movies.

Anyway, favourite movie. I'd have to go with Stone's Alexander. It's not historically all that accurate, it takes liberties and at times it's ridiculous, but it's got soul and really immerses you with its genuine grandness and scale.

alexander.jpg

I tell people my favorite movie is "Dangerous Liaisons" but really it's "Weekend at Bernie's."

Raiders would be in my top 10 if it wasn't for the sand. :(

It gets everywhere.

If you don't like sand, then Star Wars, Jaws, Raiders and most Bond movies are big no-nos for you. Terminator and Mad Max also. And Pirates.

No wonder you like Batman. Just about the only hero who doesn't go to the beach or desert.

It gets everywhere.

If you don't like sand, then Star Wars, Jaws, Raiders and most Bond movies are big no-nos for you. Terminator and Mad Max also. And Pirates.

No wonder you like Batman. Just about the only hero who doesn't go to the beach or desert.

WyRx0LF.jpg

Westerns too. :lol I just hate the color and overall look of it. I much prefer cities, small towns, jungles...places with water, vegetation and darker hues in general. It's easier on the eyes, imo. My favorite part of Raiders is the intro. Temple of Doom, ESB and Return of the Jedi were always more visually appealing to me than the original films.

Back