You still play with toys??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojemoy

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I is francis from new Zealand, I've been collecting toys for a while now, but only seriously started 1/6 figure collecting recently.

As you can tell, the thread title is a bit odd, I am not trying to pick fights, the truth is it's because I've been asked this question one too many times and I am tired of having to explain to people why I collect figures. As if I had to justify my hobbies to anyone, like they had a right to know why I do what I do. At some point I even began hiding the fact that I still buy toys, as if it was something to be ashamed of.

Well now I've grown up a bit mentally and I know I don't need to answer to anyone. But I'll say it anyway, I collect these things because to me they're more than just plastic, they're works of art and I find them nice to look at. And besides, toys these days are more for grown ups too, they are light years now from the crazy colorful action figures in the 90s haha.

But anyway, I'm glad there are forums like these where people can just geek out about their hobbies. I hope to be part of this great community and that is all

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Francis!
wavesmile.gif

I agree with you when you call these figures and statues works of art and are great to look at. :duff

Remember people asking you that question almost always have obsessions of their own.

Sports fans are a great example, especially since they're usually the type to call someone a geek in a derogatory way. If they put you on the defensive it's OK to call out their behavior.

"Did you see us kick Notre Dame's ass on Saturday?"
"You didn't kick Notre Dame's ass. They (TeamName) kicked Notre Dame's ass. You wore a t-shirt. I may be a geek but I didn't walk out of The Dark Knight shouting "WE kicked Joker's ass!"

I cringe everytime I hear someone say "we" when referring to their favorite team. It's pathetic and delusional yet people have made it socially acceptable.

thanks everyone. and yeah, for me everyone's got their thing. some people like cars, or wine, or technology, and as for myself i like action figures. or collectibles, it's hard to find a word to adequately describe this hobby. i just think they are articulated works of art :D

Back