YODA PUPPET ESB/ROTJ pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino

Super Freak
Reaction score
I had the camera out earlier today so I took the opportunity to snap some new pics of my 1:1 Yoda puppet.

Enjoy!

yoda1.JPG

yoda2.JPG

yoda3.JPG

yoda4.JPG

yoda5.JPG

yoda6.JPG

Last edited:
And THIS is why the OT is better than the PT. Hand-made props with a lot of TLC. This is outstanding!! Like DW said, a piece of art.

Feel free to post more pics:D

I had the camera out earlier today so I took the opportunity to snap some new pics of my 1:1 Yoda puppet.

Good idea. Better get lots of them before GL replaces it with CGI.

JK :wave. Looks amazing!

Beautiful work! You really nailed the eyes -- which is probably the most important part of this sculpt.

Now that's the Yoda we all remember and luv so much. I still remember seeing "ESB" for the first time when I was 10 back in '80 and being amazed at this awesome little creature, that's when it really sunk in that you can never judge a book by it's cover. Also, he was done so well that I didn't even think of him as a "puppet". Thanks for sharing your pix.

I must admit he appeared to me as a puppet because Oz moved it like a muppet. Muppets mainly move with an arm movement heading in the direction and letting the body follow because the actor has no real feeling where the nonexisting feets would be.

I love those pictures, so peacefule and wise. This Yoda is so much more Star Wars it was a shame that in the PT II+III, even in very close ups, it was replaced by CGI. That one in the Phantom Menace I do not discuss. That wasn't even a Yoda.

Thanks guys for all the kind words!
It's great to see that so many people still have love for the practical puppets used in the OT.
I'd be interested in knowing which pics you like the best and why (helps me decide what kind to take in the future).

BTW, here is a fun little gif I made during the process of finishing him.
You can see in the gif that his finishing was still incomplete at that time.
So for those of you who have never seen it, here it is again.
Let me know what you think.

yoda_hygiene.gif

That Yoda looks awesome, man. Someday I'll own one of those things.

Back