Yoda Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is even more crazy : )

https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Star+Wars+Episode+VII+The_1541824

they have jango for 30% off as well.

as a friend said to me recently, the aftermarket prices are the true msrp for these things.

Scott, good point about the IS vader taking so long to sell out...I think the ambiguity about Iron Studios and the flack they got from Spidey played a role in making collectors hesitant to pre-order. but it was only days after inhand reviews surfaced that he sold out and now commands a premium.

It will be interesting to see how quickly their yoda sells.

Man that sucks... :(

Maybe they don't focus on the 'right' characters? I mean generally speaking a PF with a lightsaber is going to sell better. Maul is all sold out for example.
Not Vader but of course the ES is huge on this one, it will sell out eventually.

Aayla Secura, Malgus, Darth Talon, Shaak Ti, the new Maul... All huge hits. Maybe it's time for Sideshow to rethink their game plan?

I know Bespin Luke is coming but that's really not much compared to the potential of the franchise when it comes to great Jedi and Sith statues.

I feel like a lot of this is on them and their decisions on the poses, the characters they choose and the edition size.

Jango Fett has a 750 edition size, he's a character who has a huge fanbase and most would say was one of the bright parts in AOTC (I bought one and I love mine) but the pose wasn't the greatest and the edition size is too large, 300-500 would of been fine. It does say Low Stock Remaining, so I guess we'll see where it ends up in 2-4 months.

Kylo Ren did not need a 2000 edition size either, honestly I would of picked one up at this point but the lack of light up and my disappointment in TLJ is holding me back. Maybe on a super sale I'll get him, because the entire piece rocks and the pics I've seen here prove it.

Jyn and K2 are going to be around for a long time, I get making a few Rogue One characters, and those 2 are probably the best ones to choose, unfortunately 500 and 600 are too large of an edition size. As someone who would be interested in a Jyn PF..just not in that outfit. Wouldn't surprise me if or when Death Trooper sells out before them, troopers sell and always have and will.

Troopers sell, Jedi sell, Sith sell and other fan favorites will as well, make the edition sizes a little more reasonable and start nailing the human faces. Their new Han looks terrible imo. Captain Rex came out 3 or so years ago, had a 350 edition size, perfect number for a character like that even though the pose they chose sucked.

Off the top of my head I can name 10 PFs that would sell quickly

PT Yoda
General Kenobi/EP3 Kenobi
updated Anakin Skywalker
Darth Sideous
updated ROTJ Luke
updated ANH Han(good face)
Phase 2 Captain Rex
Ahsoka Tano (rebels or clone wars)
Cad Bane (don't give it a 500 edition size)
updated clone trooper
Qui-Gon Jinn

The potential is there, they just aren't making the right decisions when it comes to SW PF's imo. I'm surprised I mentioned so many PT characters too. Hell depending on pose, I'd buy all the ESB bounty hunters.

I'm interested to see how Rey and FO Stormtrooper do over the next few months.

It makes sense that you mentioned so many PT characters. They are neglecting them for the most part. I'd add Mace Windu, who has a massive fanbase.
Sideshow is completely overestimating the hate for that era. The movies having a bad reputation doesn't keep the characters themselves from being appreciated/loved by many fans. They are some of the coolest and most fleshed out, thanks to appearing in three separate movies + Clone Wars (and comics).

On the other hand it looks like they are overestimating the interest for the new characters. We aren't talking about $20 figures here, convincing that many people to spend $500+ on Jyn Erso or K-2SO is a huge gamble. I like RO but if anything, that movie made Vader an even safer bet, not other characters.
Kylo has lost a chunk of his fanbase with TLJ no doubt. I almost pulled the trigger a few times on his PF but now there's just no way. Of course Sideshow can't predict this, but it's also why they should focus more on safe bets with, as you pointed out, an ES that makes sense for each character.

Of course this would be less of an issue if the license was more spread out when it comes to 1/4's, but unfortunately the only competition is Iron Studios and they clearly aren't in a hurry.

Last edited:
It makes sense that you mentioned so many PT characters. They are neglecting them for the most part. I'd add Mace Windu, who has a massive fanbase.
Sideshow is completely overestimating the hate for that era. The movies having a bad reputation doesn't keep the characters themselves from being appreciated/loved by many fans. They are some of the coolest and most fleshed out, thanks to appearing in three separate movies + Clone Wars (and comics).

On the other hand it looks like they are overestimating the interest for the new characters. We aren't talking about $20 figures here, convincing that many people to spend $500+ on Jyn Erso or K-2SO is a huge gamble. I like RO but if anything, that movie made Vader an even safer bet, not other characters.
Kylo has lost a chunk of his fanbase with TLJ no doubt. I almost pulled the trigger a few times on his PF but now there's just no way. Of course Sideshow can't predict this, but it's also why they should focus more on safe bets with, as you pointed out, an ES that makes sense for each character.

Of course this would be less of an issue if the license was more spread out when it comes to 1/4's, but unfortunately the only competition is Iron Studios and they clearly aren't in a hurry.

Completely agreed with the PT stuff. The PT's weren't well received, thankfully TCW came around in 08 and helped grow the characters from the PT along with giving us new fan favorites such as Ahsoka, Rex(these 2 are the big ones), Cad Bane, Oppress (another well made SS PF), named clones such as Wolffe and Fives. When I think of Anakin Skywalker, I think of the hero and leader we got in TCW. The hate for the PT's have definitely died down, I always saw them are amazing concepts and ideas that just never came together.

So many characters they can make that can sell so well, instead we'll get Boba Fett v4 during the next 12 days of Sideshow.

I think they did have General Kenobi planned. With Clone Wars getting canceled I think SSC canceled the statue

View attachment 385915

The attachment isn't working for me but I remember this. Guess SSC didn't get the memo that this would sell out rather easily.

Still hoping for a 1/4 Darth Sidious in this pose:

Palpatine.jpg

...but with his angry expression or frown, something like this:

3754196.jpg
Darth_Sidious_.jpg

Yup, one of the most popular characters in all of canon (the % of Star Wars lore videos dedicated to him is ridiculous), and all they have given us is the old PF on throne. They could sell 1500 easy.

I know a lot people want an updated ROTJ version, but if it ever happens I'm personally hoping for an ROTS one because I want a freaking lightsaber :lol
With change of hands and two heads to accommodate everyone. I'll take anything that's not the old PF though, ROTJ version is welcome.

They were on the right track, he got a Legendary Scale bust (kinda meh), a diorama with Yoda, but inexplicably never got another PF.

Darth Sideous would be amazing, hell take some inspiration from TCW and his fight with Oppress and Maul.

When are they going to make more Star Wars Vehicles?
Crazy they haven't revisited the premium format Speederbike considering the prices theses are going for on eBay.
What about Luke's Landspeeder?

Agree with the creatures as well, would love another Jabba or Wampa. So much to choose from Sideshow, get imaginative....

Thanks. Had a lot at their site - pretty amazing stuff.

No price though? :dunno

Saw his work on ebay very sick but also about 5 gs so ya very pricey. I would totally buy that Macready! But he wanted 5 gs on ebay that is just way to much!!

I knew many years ago would go this way, for about my first 5 years of collecting PF stayed $300 and below, we could get almost any character then. In last 7 years or so $350.00, $400.00, $450.00, $500.00, $550.00 and so on.

If this 13 inch statue is more than $350 it'll be a joke so I'm fully expecting it to cost $1000 because sideshow.

Back