Yoda Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about XM studios Yoda?

He will be riding on a Tauntaun, leaving a huge trail of dust, they are hurdling over Bantha fodder, and Yoda is wielding dual lightsabers with a battle cry expression on his face.

damn...I want one ! : )

Attachments

• da3ce4da3e48b9ab70e26f23f71a2c5b--star-wars-clone-wars-starwars.jpg
    da3ce4da3e48b9ab70e26f23f71a2c5b--star-wars-clone-wars-starwars.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 198
This will be 1899.99-1999.99. If not more

That would be an insane price. The life-size SS piece was around $2K. As has already been alluded to, given the size of the character this thing probably won't be any bigger than the average 1/4 scale statue. It better be under $1K, and even then it'd probably have to be well under that for me to bite, otherwise I'll just go the fan-made route on a 1:1 scale. I hope in the end we are pleasantly surprised by the price, much like we were with the incredible IS Vader piece that was predicted to be over $1K and came in way below that. I won't hold my breath though...

1:1 scale Yoda sold for $2500. For 1:2 scale... well you can figure based on the above info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1:1 scale Yoda sold for $2500. For 1:2 scale... well you can figure based on the above info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It's not that simple though.

A 1:2 Iron Man is $2,300, but a 1:4 Iron Man isn't $1,150. Not even close. I think the upcoming maquette is $685.

I'm betting on around $800-900. Would be maybe lower if it weren't a Star Wars statue, but it's probably the most expensive collectible license out there.

Knowing Sideshow I wouldn’t be surprised if I see this go for $1,500 to $1,800. The pricing of their items lately do not make much sense.

Is this really all we're gonna get for the 12 days of Sideshow? :(

They release a thousand comic book/superhero-related statues every year, meanwhile Star Wars still has half the major characters missing or released so long ago that their PF looks like crap.
Do they really think people hate the PT so much that there is no demand for an ROTS Obi-Wan, or a Sidious, or a Qui-Gon? Or how about updating ROTJ Luke?

Thanks for the $1,150 Emo Ren bust I guess :lol

Yeah I was looking forward to the new ANH Leia PF reveal but it's looking like that's not happening.

And didn't SSC preview Jyn and the Deathtrooper PF's the same month that RO was released? Let's see Rey in her new outfit, Snoke or Astral Luke. One of those Praetorian Guards would look pretty striking on the shelf in 1:4 scale too.

I feel like they got carried away with that Jyn PF. I like RO but is there proper demand for such an expensive representation of the character?
Only 500 of the EX and it's still available. Wow.

Is this really all we're gonna get for the 12 days of Sideshow? :(

They release a thousand comic book/superhero-related statues every year, meanwhile Star Wars still has half the major characters missing or released so long ago that their PF looks like crap.
Do they really think people hate the PT so much that there is no demand for an ROTS Obi-Wan, or a Sidious, or a Qui-Gon? Or how about updating ROTJ Luke?

Thanks for the $1,150 Emo Ren bust I guess :lol

For a strange reason it seams to me that Star Wars PF are not selling well compared to other PF lines... Maybe thats a reason why SSC is not bringing out that many SW PF ?? Just a feeling.. if you check.. almost all new SW Statues are in stock.. even the EX most of the time...

For a strange reason it seams to me that Star Wars PF are not selling well compared to other PF lines... Maybe thats a reason why SSC is not bringing out that many SW PF ?? Just a feeling.. if you check.. almost all new SW Statues are in stock.. even the EX most of the time...

Man that sucks... :(

Maybe they don't focus on the 'right' characters? I mean generally speaking a PF with a lightsaber is going to sell better. Maul is all sold out for example.
Not Vader but of course the ES is huge on this one, it will sell out eventually.

Aayla Secura, Malgus, Darth Talon, Shaak Ti, the new Maul... All huge hits. Maybe it's time for Sideshow to rethink their game plan?

I know Bespin Luke is coming but that's really not much compared to the potential of the franchise when it comes to great Jedi and Sith statues.

star wars collectors are smartening up. mediocre offerings at stupid prices and high edition sizes won't cut it anymore.

the demand is there if they do it right. Look at the IS vader.

star wars collectors are smartening up. mediocre offerings at stupid prices and high edition sizes won't cut it anymore.

the demand is there if they do it right. Look at the IS vader.

Deleted my previous long-winded response, but basically I agree. But even the IS Vader, a grail piece by most standards, and based on a wildly popular character, was on sale for a really long time and didn't sell out the final pieces until in-hand pics started showing up. The reality is that the current prices are pushing a lot of collectors to be far more discerning with their purchases, and others are being forced out of the high-end market altogether. With the constant flow of new movies, there is also becoming a glut of product available. It's all a formula that's not sustainable and is going to eventually force a market correction...

But I digress...

For sure. I'm complaining but at the same time I am ridiculously picky, I only own a few Star Wars 1/4's and I have been collecting for years.

This approach spread across many collectors certainly won't help Sideshow take a more daring step with their SW releases.
That's the price they are paying for bad QC, high prices, and (imo) absurd prioritizing of the characters.

The fact that we have yet to get a Sidious or younger Obi-Wan, but there is a Jyn Erso (no offense Khev) and K-2SO PF is just mind-blowing to me. That's such bad market research. There is no way the demand is higher for those characters. No way.
Or at least go with super safe bets like updating ROTJ Luke ffs. They did it with Maul and it worked.

And with the new movies, the chances of getting older characters never released before are just going to get lower and lower because they are going to prioritize newer characters/versions, for which there actually isn't as much of a demand. The Kylo PF isn't even sold out yet. That's crazy.

Back