Yoda and Clone Trooper Premium Format Figure--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally unboxed this beauty to put into my cabinet - but low and behold - one of the magnets for the troopers hand has been reversed and repels instead of attracts. Never checked when I first got this, so I might have to either do some creative carving to change the magnet or just glue it in. Any one else have this problem?

Finally unboxed this beauty to put into my cabinet - but low and behold - one of the magnets for the troopers hand has been reversed and repels instead of attracts. Never checked when I first got this, so I might have to either do some creative carving to change the magnet or just glue it in. Any one else have this problem?

Sorry to hear that. I would have never imagined that such issue can ever occur. Could you maybe try to get two of those thin magnets which you can cut and shape with pair of scissors, and then glue the sides that repel each other, and place them between the hand's magnet and the body?

I'm actually picking this piece up today :)

In regards to the magnet being in reversed, this issue occurred with the Ewan portrait of my Kenobi Mythos.....

It happens. I had that problem with one of Thor's chest piece magnets. I just popped it out and turned it over and glued in back in. Not sure if this one is as easily accessible.

Definitely try and correct that. Don't just glue the hand in place.

I always had an issue with this statue in that it looks a bit like the 501st clone is um, thrusting at Yoda. I don't know, there's something Kama-Sutra-ish about it.

7216_press02-001.jpg

Well managed to carve out the magnet from the polystone in the hand, glued it back-the-front, and now works a treat. Glad I didn't have to glue the hand in permanently. Now I just have to build up around the magnet with apoxie so it looks like new.

Well managed to carve out the magnet from the polystone in the hand, glued it back-the-front, and now works a treat. Glad I didn't have to glue the hand in permanently. Now I just have to build up around the magnet with apoxie so it looks like new.

Glad that worked out.

Congrats!!

So I have always said I'm not a huge fan of a PF'S due to the mixed media and only collect OT....

But here I am with my 1st PF and its Yoda Vs Clone ha ha ha

This collecting thing is a sickness lol

So I know it's a older piece and there is nothing new in the pics but I wanted to share some anyway :)

20140626_191343_1_Clean_zpsecc16380.jpg

20140626_192704_1_Clean_zpsb6534f65.jpg

20140626_192535_1_Clean_zps15084e4b.jpg

20140626_192502_1_Clean_zpsc9d16fb0.jpg

20140626_191929_1_Clean_zps37ca67a4.jpg

20140626_192744_1_Clean_zpsc16e70d7.jpg

20140626_191504_1_Clean_zpsa51f5a16.jpg

Great piece.... The moment and moment captured is awesome and the Yoda sculpt is fantastic!!!

So I have always said I'm not a huge fan of a PF'S due to the mixed media and only collect OT....

So I know it's a older piece and there is nothing new in the pics but I wanted to share some anyway :)

Great piece.... The moment and moment captured is awesome and the Yoda sculpt is fantastic!!!

Looking great! Thank you for sharing; those are great shots! When I get mine, I will display it just like you have the pose in pic #5.

And yes, I agree! Soon some of us will need an AA sponsor!

But we live once, enjoy while priorities allow it.

20140626_191343_1_Clean_zpsecc16380.jpg

Congrats on getting this one. It really is quite nice. This is the first PF I cancelled when I decided to focus on only OT.

How did you manage to carve it out? I have the same problem with one of the arms on my Vampirella PF and I'm afraid I'll break it.

How did you manage to carve it out? I have the same problem with one of the arms on my Vampirella PF and I'm afraid I'll break it.

I used a hobby saw, and carefully cut (about 5mm back from the end) around the circumference of the hand that is hidden inside the arm when attached, till I hit the magnet, and then just chiseled carefully around the magnet. The polystone is quite brittle so you need to chisel away from the part of the hand you don't want to affect. I was able to pull the magnet off with a pair of pliers (hard to do when you are actually trying to get them around the magnet), and then used 5 minute expoy to glue it back the other way.

I used a hobby saw, and carefully cut (about 5mm back from the end) around the circumference of the hand that is hidden inside the arm when attached, till I hit the magnet, and then just chiseled carefully around the magnet. The polystone is quite brittle so you need to chisel away from the part of the hand you don't want to affect. I was able to pull the magnet off with a pair of pliers (hard to do when you are actually trying to get them around the magnet), and then used 5 minute expoy to glue it back the other way.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to attempt this.

Back