Yoda 1:1 Episode III Statue Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did that original pic and price tag come from? I haven't been able to find anything rgarding this.

anakin1138 said:
ENJOY!!! and remember that pics doesn't do it justice to these works of art

I agree completely. That's not why I posted those comparison pictures. The recent GG pic is different from the SDCC prototype. Notice there is no logo on the base, and the hair looks vastly different.

If the final version looks like the prototype, then I still may get one.

Darth Loki, GG took preorders for the 1:1 Yoda at a couple of conventions last summer. The price quoted was $800+shipping for U.S. customers. GG said that shipping will be around $100 in the U.S.

elwood49 said:
I agree completely. That's not why I posted those comparison pictures. The recent GG pic is different from the SDCC prototype. Notice there is no logo on the base, and the hair looks vastly different.

If the final version looks like the prototype, then I still may get one.

Darth Loki, GG took preorders for the 1:1 Yoda at a couple of conventions last summer. The price quoted was $800+shipping for U.S. customers. GG said that shipping will be around $100 in the U.S.

Yes, Something is kinda strange about the new pic, well I found the pic on fana-collec forum, nobody from Gentle Giant has talked about it on the Official Blog or website, so we never know... I think the new pic is ok but I agree with you that the proto has something more...

customizerwannabe said:
I think it's well worth 800.00 I won't buy it, but I can certainly appreciate it!:lsvader

Ditto. I feel the same way about the PFs as well. And MRs. Too. Much. Money. Not. Enough. Space. Damn. Damn. Damn.

elwood49 said:
There are a million custom 1:1 versions of the ESB Yoda out there that are quite impressive. The Howard Senft version is extremely cool.

This is a picture of streetjudge79's Yoda from the RPF:
yoda5.jpg

The best thing to do would be to use the cyberman fabric combined with Howard's Yoda bust painted up by a paintmaster. I've often considered getting one of these commissioned myself.

Interestingly enough, Howard Senft is the sculptor on the upcoming Sideshow Yoda bust. They just saved us the trouble and expense of a custom job!

He has done some other pretty amazing busts:

https://www.thesculptorscorner.com/Senft.htm

Back