Yoda 1:1 Episode III Statue Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were pre-ordering for $800 last summer at the Cons.
I agree, this GG pic does NOT do it justice!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
These are not the 1:1 Yoda's I'm looking for... The day I find a Yoda that looks like this one:

https://www.canmag.com/images/front/starwars/yoda.jpg

That's the day when I buy one.

There are a million custom 1:1 versions of the ESB Yoda out there that are quite impressive. The Howard Senft version is extremely cool.

This is a picture of streetjudge79's Yoda from the RPF:
yoda5.jpg

Cyberman from the RPF also located fabric that matches the original precisely:
dscn80981ir.jpg

The best thing to do would be to use the cyberman fabric combined with Howard's Yoda bust painted up by a paintmaster. I've often considered getting one of these commissioned myself.

The GG ROTS Yoda is really cool, and I might get one of those at some point. I think a better option for me personally would be to get a custom ESB made, since I prefer Yoda that way.

LOTRFan said:
Wow, just wow ... that bust is incredible! :google :horror :google :cool:

I know.:horror

I've seen a pic of that bust on a full size Yoda body, but I can't find it anywhere. It's AMAZING.

elwood49 said:
There are a million custom 1:1 versions of the ESB Yoda out there that are quite impressive. The Howard Senft version is extremely cool.

This is a picture of streetjudge79's Yoda from the RPF:
yoda5.jpg

Cyberman from the RPF also located fabric that matches the original precisely:
dscn80981ir.jpg

The best thing to do would be to use the cyberman fabric combined with Howard's Yoda bust painted up by a paintmaster. I've often considered getting one of these commissioned myself.

The GG ROTS Yoda is really cool, and I might get one of those at some point. I think a better option for me personally would be to get a custom ESB made, since I prefer Yoda that way.

Now THAT is Yoda!!!! Where can I buy it? Where can I buy it? Where can I buy it? Where can I buy it? Where can I buy it?

I will take anything that resembles either of those two, and the exclusive could be Luke's galactic Twix bar! :monkey1 :wacky

GG one doesnt look like yoda, I mean its obvious who it is but it doesnt feel right. The head might be too small. But if I ever got one it would be from ESB type

Just for those of you who didn't know, the pic I posted above is Yoda himself.This is the original puppet used for the films, I would have to guess he is priceless. Here is another pic
dsc086502ww.jpg

I have to agree about the GG Yoda looking like he put his dentures away for the night. I have two GG Bust-Ups of Yoda that look better than that and they sure as hell didn't cost $800. I would easily pay upwards of $1000 for a great looking life size Yoda. If that pic is what this one is going to look like, then this isn't it.

I'm still holding out hope that when SS does Yoda, they don't do a 1/4 PF like they did with Frodo, but instead give us a life size Yoda. I mean really, it wouldn't be much bigger than the Lurtz or Predator items.

Darth Loki said:
I would easily pay upwards of $1000 for a great looking life size Yoda. If that pic is what this one is going to look like, then this isn't it.

Yeah, it can get pretty expensive to get all the details right. The glass eyes themselves in that Yoda bust I posted were $300. However, they are basically identical to the ones used in the original puppet.

There's no way an $800 GG Yoda can match that sort of detail, considering that GG has to pay license fees, they have to get the electronics right, and they still have to make a profit. Look at the GG Yoda eyes compared to the ones that I posted. It's not even close...

miles said:
Just for those of you who didn't know, the pic I posted above is Yoda himself.This is the original puppet used for the films, I would have to guess he is priceless. Here is another pic
dsc086502ww.jpg

Then this Yoda is the most accurate possible. None can be better!

I think the GG one looks amazing except for his lower jaw! But it's enough to keep me from dropping $800 on it. I can't afford to drop that kind of coin unless it's damn near perfect!

Darth Loki said:
The cgi Yoda still had a lower mandible.

Exactly right. We're not comparing the GG Yoda to the puppet Yoda, but instead are saying how great an ESB version would be.

The hair and jaw look strange on the GG version.

YodaGentleGiant.jpg

wars6cl.jpg

starwarstop8xo.jpg

Well, here's a few pics (found on Sir Steve's Guide, Rebelscum, GalacticHunter) of the Gentle Giant Yoda prototype GG showed at San Diego ComicCon last year ... the third pic compares the Clone Wars Yoda and the Movie Yoda, If I have to spend some money I personally like the prequel movie Yoda the most... I understand you all would like an Ep V Yoda but we can have it, Illusive Concept did the Ep V Yoda some years ago, you can find him on ebay... not so good but you can find it for good prices...

c3001983.jpg

dbc45649.jpg

8d0d81ed.jpg

ENJOY!!! and remember that pics doesn't do it justice to these works of art

Back