Ya think The Creature SSE Dio will be in tonights Newsletter?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken with my webcam last night to show to another board member.

2009-10-01-71968.jpg

You're new here, so we'll cut you some slack. But I'll just say this. You are fighting a losing battle here. You can't win, mostly because you are dead wrong.

Please don't cut me any slack.

you're right...Silver Screen Editions are great, it you like faded (looking) statues

I like SSE and color versions.

I have the two SSE dios so far, so I'll be on day and night to get the Creature one. However, I have the color Drac and Creature dio because I like the looks of them as well.

For the Creature bust, I got the color one. I just felt color was the way to go with this one. However, my Nosferatu is in SSE, because I just don't picture him in color.

I wouldn't put one cent into an SSE, unless I was securing it for one of you guys and you were going to pay me back. But for an entirely different reason I have stated many times. Its ridiculously hard to get them, and they should actually be cheaper than the color...not more expensive. There is less paint work involved, as its just a variation of the same pigment. Also, they never offer as many choices for SSE. The 12" and 8" lines being a prime example.

Werewolf of London is one of my favorite 12" figures. It was never made into an SSE. Also, what will SSE peeps clamor for if a Red Death diorama is made? That scene of the Phantom is in 2 strip technicolor. Would you get a color one or hope that a "less colorful" one came along? Believe it or not, somewhere on this board someone actually got was bummed because there was no SSE of the Metaluna Mutant. The film was in color, lol.:angelsmil

So, to wrap it up.. there's more character variety in color, easier to get without the whole " gonna kill you over that Cabbage Patch kid doll"mentality, and there is no worry associated with purchasing.

Believe it or not, Kiddies...the SSE's were initially a sluggish flop. They were peg warmers and shelf warmers at Spencers. My area dealer hated them, because they didn't sell. That's also why there just aren't as many...some of these charcters barely sold in color format. Why bother making an SSE?

SSE didn't catch on until the pfs, and really heated up when Ardeth Bey 1:1 bust was introduced as an SSE. They made 15. :cool: Sideshow made SSE "more collectible" by limiting the amount produced and making them seem "more desirable". Now, if its SSE, its instantly viewed as the "chase" variant, and thus more "collectible".:rolleyes:

But the color Wolfman pf sold out in minutes. The SSE...well, it was days, not minutes. Because the item wasn't manufactured with ridiculously low quantities, as they are now. But there are still folks on ebay that think this item is as rare as chicken's teeth.:rolleyes: Just because its black and white. Bottom line: I hate the SSEs. But I know there are folks that like them, and I would help them score one in a minute if I could. But buy what you like. Not because its produced to be rarer.

Here is a perfect example. The Gray Hulk pf vs. the Green Hulk pf. The gray is the "rare" one. Some people gotta have gray for this reason alone. But if I am going to plop down hundreds of dollars on an item, it needs to properly represent the character I love. So, I bought gren. I have no desire for gray. Imho, if gray were just as plentiful in numbering as green, then it wouldn't be nearly as sought after.

The films were in black and white, but the actors and the make ups were color. I feel as if I am getting jipped if I buy a SSE...no matter how few are made or how much hype and mania surrounds its release.

I know......:pow:violin:horse:lecture

Very well stated Anton, and I can say that I got swept up in the collectible mentality. I did like the fact that I was able to flip my pair of SSE in favor of the HCG Alien bust you see below. Still, I do miss the SSE, and if given the opportunity, I will jump on a CFTBL in SSE, if only to display him for a short while. I had him in color and can honestly say that it was my favorite diorama in the line thus far.

Wish I could afford everything I want, because I would have a full set of all the Universal dioramas in color and SSE. And now that the season is upon us, I have a small tinge of regret in selling my pair of SSE. I can always try for SSE LSB, if and when they become available. Unfortunately I cannot afford everything I want, and reevaluation led me toward an Alien-centric collection, with only a small digression, that being the Dead 1/6.

Happy Spooktacular! :D

Back