XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I think someone asked if our product have lead in them? With the price we pay the factory, they better not! We have checked and asked the factory to stay away from lead materials so we have been assured there's no lead. Ok maybe Except punisher if we roll him out cuz punisher needs to pack lead. :)

And yeah might be sensitive for me to get involved, but let's all make peace and not bash anyone lol, I mean ultimately at the end of the day, what this really means is that there WILL be more products out there, catering to different folks with different strokes. More options and more power to the consumer!

Hey guys I think someone asked if our product have lead in them? With the price we pay the factory, they better not! We have checked and asked the factory to stay away from lead materials so we have been assured there's no lead. Ok maybe Except punisher if we roll him out cuz punisher needs to pack lead. :)

And yeah might be sensitive for me to get involved, but let's all make peace and not bash anyone lol, I mean ultimately at the end of the day, what this really means is that there WILL be more products out there, catering to different folks with different strokes. More options and more power to the consumer!

Very well said friend! XM is lucky to have hired you to help with community communication. Also, do you know if 799 will be the for sure price in the future, or if theirs a chance it might drop? Just wondering, thanks.

Not everyone is going to like everything revealed.
My point, you're making out SS isn't revealing any good items recently yet every statue collector I know on here, apart from you, is struggling to keep up with pre-orders or complaining they can't keep up due to lack of funds or space. I'm yet to see anyone else state that they are producing lots of mediocre statues.

I think your just a tad sensitive to all thing SS, I've said multiple times SS has hit home runs, Hell I got almost 18 PO's (well 15 after next week when I get Gwen, Supes and Snowtrooper) from SS including the Predator 2 :), but the fact is SS has had issues with quality control and some of their statues have been disappointing as far as poses/bases go IMO... I guess my point with all this is I would be willing to pay SS $700 for a PF if they could get their quality up and be more customer friendly. For example I see an awesome prototype statue like Red Sonja that SS did, but then I have to hold my breath as to weather the production pieces will be up to par or not... This is the reputation SS has given itself, for the most part we've had to accept it because they were the only game in town in regards to 1:4 scale statues. It's like the Superman PF, people are upset being last on the shipping order because they assume there is a good possibility their statue will be messed up and there won't be any replacement parts left, as a company that's not a good reputation to have.

So yeah maybe I'm a bit over hyped about XM but it's nice to finally have an option.

As far as I'm the only one saying this, you must not be reading other threads or just ignoring what they say... Seriously, be honest do you think every statue SS has done is 100% perfect in execution? All Perfect paints apps, All perfect fitting fabric outfits? Your telling me you have never received or seen the goggly eye issue that has plague quite a few statues (not all)... Hell I like SS as much as anyone else but I'm not going to pretend they don't have issues.

Plus I'm hoping SS rep's read these messages and up their game a bit... :) because bottom line is if I want a DC or Star Wars 1:4 statue they're the only game in town.

Last edited:
Those will look cool together, but I think that Thor needs to be displayed like this:

300177-thor-007.jpg

I love that shot of Thor

No point arguing who's the superior company. SS have been around for years & have grown & grown. XM have just came out of the blue but look so promising.

I've been so happy with what I've seen from SS Marvel & DC wise, actually there been to good because I can't keep up.
XM have wowed me with pretty much everything there done so far. My only disappointment with XM is how expensive there going to cost me, so I won't be able to buy all the pieces I want from them. That Wolverine is so bought though

I can't wait to see what XM do when they eventually do Spiderman, I really hope they do a Symbiote Spiderman 1st though :)

Mass produced objects can have QC problems??? Yeah they can have for sure but Sideshow (still a big company) pushes their chance about QC nowadays. I saw Elite Creatures Reaper bust in hand and I am amazed! What a clean job is that and it is exactly the same with the prototype. Gentle Giant's Honey Trap Whisper statue can be another good example for their amazing QC. Yeah these products are pricey but they deserve that. So how these two companies can find great factories in China but Sideshow can't? Or how Hot Toys can produce excellent paint jobs but Sideshow can't? We all know that Hot Toys are painting in hand like all other statue companies. Do their workers come from another planet? Are they chinese elfs? What I see is XM can be a good alternative to Sideshow. In time if they sell enough, probably their prices will be cheaper. Also they understand the characters properly which sadly Sideshow couldn't at these days! Look at Black Widow EX, and compare it with the XM's Black Widow. You can clearly understand what I mean:) How could be a small knife named as an EX:)? I am really wondering what Sideshow does understand from the EX adjective? Once they gave supposedly art prints as an EX:) At least they changed their minds:) Meanwhile XM offers 3 heads, an alternative base and interchangeable weapons! Besides they are asking their customers ideas. If their end product will match with the prototype, what a customer does want more:)? Forget their high prices cause you know what will come out from the brown shipping box! And lastly I have to admit that Sideshow produces good 1/6 products nowadays and they copied Hot Toys's box designs successfully:)

Last edited:
I completely agree to both of the above posts with very fair and true comments.....i am now buying from other companies like gentle giant, weta, and prime 1 studios with both amazing sculpts and paint apps......painted pieces that look like metal when needed instead of the grey plastic look lol

I still buy from sideshow but very cautiously

Lots of good point. I only knew SS for 1/4, now other companies are able to make statues 1/4 as well, good new for sure.

Lots of good point. I only knew SS for 1/4, now other companies are able to make statues 1/4 as well, good new for sure.

Definitely great for you because don't you live in Asia Asdf? No crazy shipping cost & import tax for you then :rock

Definitely great for you because don't you live in Asia Asdf? No crazy shipping cost & import tax for you then :rock

Yup. For once it benefit living in Asia :clap... Hunting all the SS exc ain't cheap for sure :panic:

Also if you guys could help me out with this question. Who in your opinion is the industry's leading and most influential statue reviewer? I'm thinking of sending some XM Statues his/her way to get some reviews done so we know how we fare. Any recommendations?

Me, pick me.

Most of the reviews I watch are the ones Averone and MadXCollector do. Since Averone is busy with ARH, MadX would be a good option. I'm blown away by the commitment of XM studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back