XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! You found three pieces that have received sonme critisism out of all the reveals this year :clap

So how many XM statues do you have with these 'almost perfect' paint apps?

Terminator Damage T-800, Predator 2 (although I like it but it does seems a lot of people don't), Daredevil....

Perfect paint apps. In those in-hand pics posted earlier, the face looks flat and the lips looked terrible. Hoping people post more pics, maybe it was just the lighting?

Paint app looks fine, I think what your complaining about is the sculpture of the face...

Not everyone is going to like everything revealed.
My point, you're making out SS isn't revealing any good items recently yet every statue collector I know on here, apart from you, is struggling to keep up with pre-orders or complaining they can't keep up due to lack of funds or space. I'm yet to see anyone else state that they are producing lots of mediocre statues.

Perfect paint apps. In those in-hand pics posted earlier, the face looks flat and the lips looked terrible. Hoping people post more pics, maybe it was just the lighting?

Now your just being silly dude

As for the SS vs. XM argument.... There's truth to what both of you (col and Dan) are saying, SS does have a lot of QC issues even on their best work. These statues are being mass produced. Not every statue is going to come out looking perfect and there are several examples in the threads to show that. But Sideshows CS seems to be pretty spot on lately (except when they have run out of replacements). SS does have some really great stuff on the horizon and recently released beauties as well. They are still an amazing company that produce beautiful statues. On the flip side there are lots of collectors that want low edition sizes and better quality out the gate. XM seems to be exemplifying this in their products. The owner did check every single captain America statue prior to allowing them to ship. If that's not quality then I don't know what is. They are definitely more in tune with their customers then SS seems to be. XM seems to be doing all the right things. Will XM get to big at one point and lose some of the humble interaction with their fan base? It's definitely a possibility. This is a business after all. As of right now that's not the case. There are pros and cons to both sides.

Personally its a win win for me because I will be collecting statues from both companies. I already sold my cap PF knowing he would be replaced by XMs. Quite a nerve racking decision I might add but from the initial photos I am now very confident in my decision. My wolverine PF will be the next to go assuming my XM captain shows up looking like the one we saw in the photos. Why pick sides when you can have the best of both worlds? Are they worth all the extra money and hassle? To most probably not. To me absolutely. That's the beauty of it all. We get to decide individually

What? MJ was awesome. BW was awesome...
Anything else come out recently?

Superman, Harley Quinn & Punisher turned out pretty good. I have high hopes for Gladiator Hulk and Sinestro, too.

I've been pretty happy with Sideshow's offerings this year. Daredevil and Thor are catching flack, but I love both (both have really cool bases, although the steps on Thor's base are hidden). The three Hulks, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Lobo...all look pretty good to me.

That said, I think we all hope that XM can deliver and provide some competition to Sideshow (although it's tough considering the license restrictions). If they do, I'll be picking up that Magneto.

Last edited:
:goodpost:

There's no need to start bashing another company...

Especially when you have never touched or actually laid eyes an item from said 'superior' statue producer.

Superman, Harley Quinn & Punisher turned out pretty good.

I think we all hope that XM can deliver and provide some competition to Sideshow (although it's tough considering the license restrictions).
How could I forget Supes. Although not a fan that thing is amazing.
I've read one issue with a pulled bit of cotton.

Now your just being silly dude

As for the SS vs. XM argument.... There's truth to what both of you (col and Dan) are saying, SS does have a lot of QC issues even on their best work. These statues are being mass produced. Not every statue is going to come out looking perfect and there are several examples in the threads to show that. But Sideshows CS seems to be pretty spot on lately (except when they have run out of replacements). SS does have some really great stuff on the horizon and recently released beauties as well. They are still an amazing company that produce beautiful statues. On the flip side there are lots of collectors that want low edition sizes and better quality out the gate. XM seems to be exemplifying this in their products. The owner did check every single captain America statue prior to allowing them to ship. If that's not quality then I don't know what is. They are definitely more in tune with their customers then SS seems to be. XM seems to be doing all the right things. Will XM get to big at one point and lose some of the humble interaction with their fan base? It's definitely a possibility. This is a business after all. As of right now that's not the case. There are pros and cons to both sides.

Personally its a win win for me because I will be collecting statues from both companies. I already sold my cap PF knowing he would be replaced by XMs. Quite a nerve racking decision I might add but from the initial photos I am now very confident in my decision. My wolverine PF will be the next to go assuming my XM captain shows up looking like the one we saw in the photos. Why pick sides when you can have the best of both worlds? Are they worth all the extra money and hassle? To most probably not. To me absolutely. That's the beauty of it all. We get to decide individually

It's just my opinion man. The head on picture the lips look so weird. But I want to see more pics. And I'm not bashing. I think competition is awesome for this hobby. Unfortunately the price takes it out of serious competition for me. Can't afford the $840.

The cool thing is that XM said they were setting it up so all the statues looked like the bases were supposed to be together right?

That's one of the reasons I like the simpler ground bases that SSC does, they still might seem like they fit when displayed together. Now, with XM, if you want to display wolverine with the avengers instead of just xmen, that won't work as well. (I have no experience with GG)

Example: in this size comparison pic made by Josh-a-tron (thanks again bud!), you can see that the bases would still make sense together.

Those will look cool together, but I think that Thor needs to be displayed like this:

300177-thor-007.jpg

It's just my opinion man. The head on picture the lips look so weird. But I want to see more pics. And I'm not bashing. I think competition is awesome for this hobby. Unfortunately the price takes it out of serious competition for me. Can't afford the $840.

Don't get me wrong Savage. Your entitled to have any opinion you want. I just don't see weird lips when I see these pics. Comic based sure. Not realistic enough for some sure. But execution of the skin coloring, lips, and eyes... Dude I don't see what your seeing

View attachment 111584

View attachment 111585

Don't get me wrong Savage. Your entitled to have any opinion you want. I just don't see weird lips when I see these pics. Comic based sure. Not realistic enough for some sure. But execution of the skin coloring, lips, and eyes... Dude I don't see what your seeing

View attachment 111584

View attachment 111585

I think his face looks strange in this picture. But the two you posted looks fine. Like I said I think it was the lighting :rotfl

10383664_760089150689058_7957096677582784171_n.jpg

Are you getting Cap?

Yes sir. I ordered him back in August of last year from Simply Toys. Mine ships the first week of June

I think his face looks strange in this picture. But the two you posted looks fine. Like I said I think it was the lighting :rotfl

10383664_760089150689058_7957096677582784171_n.jpg

Yeah his face look a little shiny in this pic. Probably the lighting or something

Yes sir. I ordered him back in August of last year from Simply Toys. Mine ships the first week of June

Yeah his face look a little shiny in this pic. Probably the lighting or something

Yeah, because one eye looks different from the other too. And see the lips look spotted. But the other two pictures you posted looked great.

Congrats, hope to see some pics come early June! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back