XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all the people that have complained thus far, I have not seen a single concept idea or sketch for something better yet. That's the main issue I have with all the complainers about a plain looking base. Well what's your idea of making it better and engineering it to make it actually work in real life. For example I could say I want a space theme base with planets floating around Thanos but is that realistic? Hell no because how do you make floating objects without using some ultra expensive magnetic technology that would make the statue cost over $5k? Have a huge throne behind him? Sure could probably do that, but add about 15" in diameter to the existing base and look at how that statue is going to overhang badly on your shelf.

For all the people that have complained thus far, I have not seen a single concept idea
i stated a while back that the base should consist of the hand holding a bunch of skulls arranged in a way that Thanos could stand on..no rock

since i'm always here to praise XM when they do something right, i have to be consistent/honest when they get something wrong...this base (imho) is really bad...very disappointed
in all honesty, i might be passing because of it

So instead of skulls embedded in rock, you wanted the white skeleton hand to hold a bunch of white skulls also in a cone shaped pile that Thanos would stand on?

i stated a while back that the base should consist of the hand holding a bunch of skulls arranged in a way that Thanos could stand on..no rock

since i'm always here to praise XM when they do something right, i have to be consistent/honest when they get something wrong...this base (imho) is really bad...very disappointed

luckily you are in the minority so we will be getting this epic base either way.

but yes you have every right to your opinion

So instead of skulls embedded in rock, you wanted the white skeleton hand to hold a bunch of white skulls also in a cone shaped pile that Thanos would stand on?
cone shape ? lol
all i said was to have the skulls arranged in a way that the elevated front foot of Thanos could rest on it...example...take the big "animal" skull and place it at the front

A lot of complaining and fair enough because we all have our opinions

Personally I don't see to much of a problem with the base myself, certain things can be improved on which I have already stated in a earlier post but I'm sure XM will take our feedback into account. I just think XM's problem now is that there raised the bar so high we all expect to be absolutely blown away with everything they now do

A lot of complaining and fair enough because we all have our opinions

Personally I don't see to much of a problem with the base myself, certain things can be improved on which I have already stated in a earlier post but I'm sure XM will take our feedback into account. I just think XM's problem now is that there raised the bar so high we all expect to be absolutely blown away with everything they now do

Bull, are you in for Phoenix too?

That would make the base pretty much bone white. Not a bad idea but I'm glad they aren't going with this.

The only time I want to see a ton of skulls beneath a characters feet would be for MOS Superman in his black suit:

yhEyJBd.jpg

It's from the Man of Steel movie from when Kal is taken aboard Zod's ship and they discuss resurrecting Krypton on Earth.

:lecture

If they went with that huge base you'd be reading a flood of complaints about not being able to fit in a Besta & complaints about increased shipping costs.

Plus, Surly always complains :lol

Hey! That may be true, but it isn't!

Lol... I actually don't need the base to be epic in it's proportions. I just don't want Thanos standing on a pile of soil poop.

For all the people that have complained thus far, I have not seen a single concept idea or sketch for something better yet. That's the main issue I have with all the complainers about a plain looking base. Well what's your idea of making it better and engineering it to make it actually work in real life. For example I could say I want a space theme base with planets floating around Thanos but is that realistic? Hell no because how do you make floating objects without using some ultra expensive magnetic technology that would make the statue cost over $5k? Have a huge throne behind him? Sure could probably do that, but add about 15" in diameter to the existing base and look at how that statue is going to overhang badly on your shelf.

Not true. I've offered up several concept ideas. Mostly I want a base with a cosmic stardust coloring, that could just be recoloring this base or, if I had my druthers, just a fun shaped base of cosmic threads, with some swirls and tendrils coming up around Thanos. No reason that such a thing would cost anymore to make than this base. Wouldn't even need to be bigger. When people (or at least I) say cosmic, we don't mean cosmic scale. It's just a theme we want to see played with or at least touched upon.

luckily you are in the minority so we will be getting this epic base either way.

but yes you have every right to your opinion

I don't know... So far many people are underwhelmed with this base. There was never a poll on the bases and many people preferred cosmic look but were OK with the death's hand and skull thing. On facebook most of the comments are expressing disappointment. Even Erick Sosa chimed in to say that the paint job and sculpt was off. The cosmic coloring has been suggested and Ben Ang from XM has already said he would try that out tomorrow. So don't count your chickens just yet ;)

Base looks good to me. I only like the suggestion to change the rock to that cosmic color.

Would make a world of difference and hopefully we see this tomorrow!

Back