XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered this back in August going on faith in XM's ability to deliver a killer base. Even unpainted, it looks amazing. Definitely looking forward to the final painted pics.

It's just my feelings on this. Same feelings I've had about the base the whole time. Not a deal breaker for the statue but any stretch, just something I would have done differently if I were in charge... one of the only times I've said that about XM :)

Given I don't have any Thanos statues, the base is original to me :)

I think it looks bad ass... can't wait for the paint up..

Yeah I know that they had issues with Marvel over the base. Still it seems to me that since XM didn't get what they wanted with fallen heroes or specific skulls, they went with a lesser version of their original vision, instead of just scrapping the idea and coming up with a new one. The cosmic base we saw at stgcc was clearly a half ass last minute throw together. I'd he curious to see what, if any, other concept sketches they had for cosmic bases.

Hopefully this base looks less like frozen diarrhea once it's painted. :)
Yeah man too bad about that. They can clearly use something dead, I wonder if they could've been more explicit with the dead guys, maybe not bines but recently fallen Skrull or Kree warriors but still use the bone hand thing. What I love about them is that they listen to fans so it'll only get better!
I think it will look good painted.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I wonder if they'll paint the helmet and stuff with something identifiable. Did you get one B?
Don't get the angst. I think this base will rock
Yeah you're probably right BUT I think it's cause everyone expected something more Epic?!
Do I want to know why you freeze your diarrhea? :tap

It's none of your concern. Science.
Lmfao guys :hi5: funniest **** ever (literally ;))

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Would have been better if the fingers were longer as Eric Sosa suggested.

I think I agree with this. I can't make out if it's a right or left hand really and I always wanted the fingers to come up over the base. Oh well. Anyway, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Oh and that cosmic custom Silver Surfer paint NEEDS to be shown to XM. Seriously. That would be incredible.

On a side note, the custom Silver Surfer in general is one of the best custom paint jobs I've ever seen. If you haven't seen the whole thing do yourself a favor and search for it. It's special.

If they do that I will shut up and do nothing but praise the base. Unfortunately I imagine they will just paint it like a brown or black rock.

I think I agree with this. I can't make out if it's a right or left hand really and I always wanted the fingers to come up over the base. Oh well. Anyway, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Oh and that cosmic custom Silver Surfer paint NEEDS to be shown to XM. Seriously. That would be incredible.

On a side note, the custom Silver Surfer in general is one of the best custom paint jobs I've ever seen. If you haven't seen the whole thing do yourself a favor and search for it. It's special.

I also wish they also do the custom Surfer base. But considering XM said the paint process will only take 3 hours, i doubt they would be able to do the chrome base in that short time. And i doubt they have the capacity or machine to do the chrome paint.

Considering XM is putting their name on this base, i hope they don't go the easy route of simply painting dirt and rocks. Otherwise, it would just look like accumulated dust and soothe.

Back