XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hate to say it (tho I've said it before) because I love the statue but, despite it being well done, I am really disappointed that the base isn't more original.

I completely agree, they should have done something more original.
A cosmic base would have been a nice change from all the skulls that normally come with Thanos statues

Yup. It's flat and dull and I'm sorry, just a big miss and lost opportunity for XM. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415783058.746048.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415783065.765085.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415783073.251447.jpg

I don't think the base looks bad, it's just not the larger, more epic thing many were expecting or hoping for. They all won't have Phoenix equivalent bases.

I think the driving force with this statue anyway is the details XM added to Thanos' costume. Simple enough, yet I'm amazed every time I see the design elements they added to the costume to make it more visually appealing than the standard comic costume. The skeleton fingers extended like shown before might've been more interesting and muddy, rocky bases mostly always turn out looking like excrement (every time I look at my Master Chief I think he's standing on a pile of dung), but overall job well done.

Base seems not proportional to thanos' size
Is there any chance that someone will make a customized base? Like the fallen avengers.

The way I see it ...the base with the way it is just helps to put more focus on Thanos.

exactly! Based on some people's comments they have museum floors for display space where size is no object for display bases.

exactly! Based on some people's comments they have museum floors for display space where size is no object for display bases.

:lecture

If they went with that huge base you'd be reading a flood of complaints about not being able to fit in a Besta & complaints about increased shipping costs.

Plus, Surly always complains :lol

If they could keep this to $200 shipping with that base as opposed to hulk like $350 then I'm definitely satisfied with the base as is.

You can decorate a turd with some skulls and call it a base but it's still just a turd....

Back