XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pity the base got rejected by Marvel

"We cannot portray our Super Heroes ever being defeated"

Captain America

2084659-caps_shattered_shield.jpg

Capdeath.PNG

Vision

Avengers+Disassembled+Vision.jpg

Ares

1295214-sentry_kills_ares.jpg

This Thanos looks great. A shame about the no fallen heroes rule. SSC's Thanos dio had all kinds of fallen heroes at his feet. That base is awesome. My only quibble with the XM Thanos (and Magneto too) is that the costumes have way too many lines in them. Mags looks kinda like an Ultimate Magneto and I've always preferred a classic look for Thanos.

These offerings by XM are top notch. They look great. For my tastes, there is nothing better than a kick ass looking fully sculpted 1/4 statue. It looks like XM is going to corner the market on those. It's a shame SSC doesn't jump on the band wagon. I still think with the group of sculptors working for SSC, they can produce the most amazing 1/4 fully sculpted pieces we have ever seen. even though I feel that way, I can't take anything away from XM. Everything I've seen so far (except the Hulk) looks good (Cap) to great (Magneto). This Thanos is no exception.

That is one great looking Thanos, but come on... SSC can do nice **** too. Look at Apocalypse and Gladiator Hulk.

Exactly, lets compare the Apocalypse sculpt with Thanos. Though I like the Apoc, I always felt, from day one, that it lacked those finer details which would have/& should have put it way over the top. If you look at Thanos sculpt, the level of fine details is fantastic; from muscle striation to costume detailing, there really is no comparing imo. I know that Sideshow has the skill to pull it off, but i really get pissed off when the don't, & leave a potentially super sculpt "half' finished, specifically Apoc. I mean they have done great, subtle, detailed work before, as Venom, Deadpool, Sinestro, Berserker pf, to name a few. I guess I'm just wishing that standard of excellence is maintained throughout ALL their releases, especially with characters I want.:dunno

As for Gladiator Hulk(?). a good sculpt, but simply not my cup of tea. I never thought a HULK character ever needed any arms/armor, regardless of the story line. Just silly to me.

That is one great looking Thanos, but come on... SSC can do nice **** too. Look at Apocalypse and Gladiator Hulk.

Absolutely Snad. Please don't think that anyone here (at least most of us) don't think SSC can't do great stuff. That is not the case at all!!! They do phenomenal stuff. Dude! Do you know how much stuff I have on pre-order with SS???? You don't even want to know.

BUTTT!!!!! I think most are displeased with SS's EXCESSIVE Edition sizes, sometimes VERY POOR AD (look at Rogue and Jean Gray PFs), and occasional poor QC (although I think that is overblown in most cases). SS is the number one retailer of collectibles in the world for a reason.

Outside of price, I can't think of anyone not giving XM props on a great start.....and great care about its collectors. These guys go the extra mile and have brought fun and excitability back to the collectible market.

Hell F'in yeeeeaaa. I don't mind them axing the heroes defeated base as I kinda find that a little gimmicky. You can probably create this with a death themed base now possibly. Having an attachable Death behind Thanos and embracing him would be awesome add-on to this statue in the future too!

Awesome sculpt, but just to confirm is that the infinity gauntlet he is wearing on his left hand?

The Gauntlet makes this a better piece just cause

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Back