XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They cast him the other day for Guardians of the Galaxy too! The actor they cast is the bees knees.

Absolutely Snad. Please don't think that anyone here (at least most of us) don't think SSC can't do great stuff. That is not the case at all!!! They do phenomenal stuff. Dude! Do you know how much stuff I have on pre-order with SS???? You don't even want to know.

BUTTT!!!!! I think most are displeased with SS's EXCESSIVE Edition sizes, sometimes VERY POOR AD (look at Rogue and Jean Gray PFs), and occasional poor QC (although I think that is overblown in most cases). SS is the number one retailer of collectibles in the world for a reason.

Outside of price, I can't think of anyone not giving XM props on a great start.....and great care about its collectors. These guys go the extra mile and have brought fun and excitability back to the collectible market.

:goodpost: Looking at the SS Gladiator Hulk & Lobo for example there jaw dropping but at the same time SS will reveal a piece that seems completely rushed for a quick money grab

But with XM coming along it's shown how much us collectors have been wanting a new company to come along & challenge SS. SS badly need competition & hopefully with XM coming along with there passion & high QC it will give SS a kick up the ass

:goodpost: Looking at the SS Gladiator Hulk & Lobo for example there jaw dropping but at the same time SS will reveal a piece that seems completely rushed for a quick money grab

But with XM coming along it's shown how much us collectors have been wanting a new company to come along & challenge SS. SS badly need competition & hopefully with XM coming along with there passion & high QC it will give SS a kick up the ass

As much as we all want competition this won't happen unless XM gets an international licence and thr chances for that are slim.

As much as we all want competition this won't happen unless XM gets an international licence and thr chances for that are slim.

It's competition for SS in regards to the more hardcore collector who wants a very small ES with top notch Paint Apps.... These type of collectors don't mind paying the $800+ for the statue. It's still cheaper then customs..

It's competition for SS in regards to the more hardcore collector who wants a very small ES with top notch Paint Apps.... These type of collectors don't mind paying the $800+ for the statue. It's still cheaper then customs..

But from a business standpoint Sideshow has nothing to worry about.

Hopefully XM inspires them artistically to take more chances with their designs.

It won't put a dent in there sales. Look at Tavegg... he is still buying the ssc allied charge cap. If XM were any form of competition you would see a reaction from SSC as they did with Gentle Giant and the Iron Patriot and Winter Soldier cap. As for it being cheaper than a custom... well maybe a private custom but it is about the price I would pay for a fully painted custom from madxcollector...

I would like to see some real competition. Warmachine maquette was like $500-550 at release and thst was years ago. Competition made them release Iron Patriot at $400 with double reward points and no NRD. Obviously they have a lot of play and markup in their prices. If XM could sell internationally, prices would drop and we would win. I am just being realistic. Claiming XM is real competition is wishful thinking at best.

Here's an updated pic of Thanos from all angles :)
3u5u4e3y.jpg

To be honest I'd rather continue to pay a lot less for products that look way better overall even if their ES's are bigger. Why would I pay over double what SS charges for things like the recent Cap that they released? For a smaller ES? Lmfao
But from a business standpoint Sideshow has nothing to worry about.

Hopefully XM inspires them artistically to take more chances with their designs.
Yeah man XM ain't doing **** to SS except making them step up their game
Here's an updated pic of Thanos from all angles :)
3u5u4e3y.jpg
That's sick lol. Let's see if the final is like that.

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Exactly, digital sculpt looks nice but I'll wait till I see a prototype and then hope the finished product is the same.

To be honest I'd rather continue to pay a lot less for products that look way better overall even if their ES's are bigger. Why would I pay over double what SS charges for things like the recent Cap that they released? For a smaller ES? Lmfao

Yeah man XM ain't doing **** to SS except making them step up their game

That's sick lol. Let's see if the final is like that.

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

With a few exceptions I've never been completely blown away with any of the Statues SS does, their stuff for the most part is mediocre. Sub-Par paint apps and ill fitting cloth outfits. It's amazing how many people actually try to defend a lot of their more questionable QC issues.

As more companies start doing 1:4 scale it's only going to put a bigger spot light on SS QC... So far we've seen SS prices keep going up but they're QC is still way behind. So yeah some people are willing to spend more money on Quality pieces, something you don't get that often from SS.

With a few exceptions I've never been completely blown away with any of the Statues SS does, their stuff for the most part is mediocre. Sub-Par paint apps and ill fitting cloth outfits. It's amazing how many people actually try to defend a lot of their more questionable QC issues.

This happens but it is far from the norm. I get it, you are disgruntled with SSC but to deny the wealth of amazing releases from them is absurd. Just the fact that XM is putting their statues side by side with SSC statues is proof enough that the industry highly respects SSC as they have set the bar. Wanting to match them is what others in the industry are trying to do.

But why am I telling you this? You don't even believe your own post. Otherwise why would you hang on this forum and be active in threads involving plenty of SSC pieces.

Snad, this guy keeps bashing SS, while still purchasing their items, and their QC.
Truth is SS have produced pieces this year that have had very few complaints, if any, about quality.

Back