XM Studios Spider-Man 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM went back and reworked Spidey a bit. Haven't heard anything since the last time he was shown at a Con, which I can't even remember when that was.

J4jGk3J.jpg

q19UvPE.jpg

xychcsS.jpg

Got these pics off Hero's website looks like the updated version to me.
I can't really say if this is any better....different yes but better? Eh.

I like the changes. There still seems to be a good amount of people who don't care for the statue as a whole but I think it looks great.

Two things I'm bummed about. One is the rips on the pants are gone from the original, and also this won't be coming with any base switch outs. I haven't checked yet but I think the price is still the same even with the switch outs being taken away.

Main reason im getting this is because the green goblin they got coming. pretty sure its going to look great together

I'm a huge fan of Spider-Man and i'm searching for the perfect Spider-Man statue. I like Iron Studios 1/10 Spider-Man: Homecoming one, but I would prefer 1/4 scale. I do like the Spider-Man Comiquette from Sideshow and their Premium Format and Marvel Milsetones Spider-Man from Diamond Select, but i'm just waiting for that dynamic pose that will blow me away as well as a price that actually seems worth it... Anyone else on the same page as me???

I'm a huge fan of Spider-Man and i'm searching for the perfect Spider-Man statue. I like Iron Studios 1/10 Spider-Man: Homecoming one, but I would prefer 1/4 scale. I do like the Spider-Man Comiquette from Sideshow and their Premium Format and Marvel Milsetones Spider-Man from Diamond Select, but i'm just waiting for that dynamic pose that will blow me away as well as a price that actually seems worth it... Anyone else on the same page as me???

To be honest I don't think you'll ever really find the 'perfect' piece. There is always some kind of flaw in my experience.

Same lame pose. :pfft: Pfffftttt

They actually changed the pose also. Can’t please everyone. So much people complaining that the base was too busy. So they simplified it. They changed the head and beefed him up a little more. In person he looked great. I probably would have given him more texture in the suit etc. But miles better now in opinion. I hated the previous look

ad0c1931dfe6e84ed7eead9baf520102.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually changed the pose also. Can’t please everyone. [/IMG]

For that pose, yeah it's improved.

But as I posted earlier in the thread, there's 50 poses I would have gone with before this one. In your mind's eye if you picture Spidey swinging.....I'm betting this ain't in there.

Another thing I just realized that bugs me: The physics of the swing are off-putting. No way he's swinging from the web being attached there:

41395112_746657672333746_6393422384782639104_o_2000x.jpg

It physically doesn't make sense. The web would have had to have gone through the post.

I'm so glad the rip on the pants is now gone, I think it makes sense for collectors who dont want a battle damaged Spidey. If you want some battle damage you can now just swap the head. I think it's looking much better, and if they nail the Romita Head they have promised....its the perfect statue for me....

shading is much better in these pics. but this pose and base is still weak IMO.

Why do these new Spidey bases have to have Doc Ocks arms mixed in them?
Both XM and Sideshow did the exact same thing... So putting this with XM Doc Ock looks
weird, since all of his arms are accounted for on his own statue.

There had to be something better they could have done here. I feel like they were trying too hard
To come up with something dynamic. How about just posed on a wall or hanging upside down?

So putting this with XM Doc Ock looks
weird, since all of his arms are accounted for on his own statue.

QFT. Shame. They could have at least made this plausible by having one arm 'disappearing' into the concrete, breaking thru. Then have one arm on the SM statue. A stretch, but at least plausible.

The execution of Spiderman is well done (except the pose). But everything else is a fail. Look at the neck seam in that pic with Doc :slap

The way the web is attached, and flexing around his body makes ZERO sense. Can't get past it. Oh well...

Last edited:
Back