XM Studios Spider-Man 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minor battle damage definitely look nice. He is in action pose.

So I was talking to a few friends of mine, and I decided to try something. I increased Spidey's size by about 25-35%, and put him in front of the pole. His right foot isn't suppose to be attached to the pole, but I only have PS Elements and I am not a good photoshop guy... I think the size and bringing him up gives Spidey more of the focus, but that is just my opinion.... sorry for the ghost legs but again I JoshATron I am not... lol

I don't disagree about the focus, Spidey, but such a change also completely destroys the composition.

I don't disagree about the focus, Spidey, but such a change also completely destroys the composition.

I personally don't think so, but that is just my opinion. Yeah the design would need some tweaks, but I think realigns the piece so you have a head on display angle which I have seen as one of the complaints about this piece. However, again this is just an idea I thought might work, and thought hey what the hell let's see what happens

I just mean if you make Spidey bigger, you then have to make everything about the base bigger...aaaand you end up in the same place.

Shooting webs to full-body swing from objects that are all within hand's reach just strikes me as odd.

Edit: and of course, changing it the way you Photoshopped also removes the pendulum swing and its inherent momentum, which removes a big part of the "dynamics" I know you have criticized in the past.

Last edited:
Yeah, not feeling those changes you made, looks worse IMO.... I do agree they should change the lower part of his body so his legs are in a different position, otherwise I like XM's version...

Not feeling either, mainly the fact that he's using the web to reach something that's within arm's reach. The increased size could work or not as long as he's far away enough from the base to justify the use of the web - regardless, I have yet to understand where will Spidey attach to the base, it seems to me he barely makes contact with it, if at all.

As for the pose, I see some concerns, I don't see others.
He's in a dynamic pose swinging around the antenna and Spidey pretty much has a perfect superhuman control of his body, it's not unrealistic that his torso is twisting while his legs are stiffer. Normal human beings can do all kind of similar stuff when hanging from pullup bars. With that said, he could use a bit more of a fluid execution for aesthetic reasons, right now it has a bit of the Batman PF syndrome.

As for the viewing angles, well... there are a lot of statues where you'll miss something from an angle or the other. Luckily we live in a three dimensional reality where you can just walk a step on one side to appreciate a slightly different angle. Just to mention one, the original Hulk PF has a lot of obstruction going on, most of the time his front arm covers his abdomen, from many angles the rear arm is barely visible, if you turn it to show the full body you lose visual on the face... I don't see people making a big deal about it.

That's true Mule, I put up my Spider-Man PF last night and from many angles it looks like he has no legs... :lol

It's been a while guys, here is Spidey :clap:love
Surely more to come at Shanghai Comic Con
Photo Credit: Alex Thomas

14900376_1781755685440811_8117904986921928702_n.jpg

I love that there is no need to feel guilty about owning all these Spideys since they're all so different.

It's a cool action pose.... I see they did tweak Spider-Man's lower body a bit compared to the original rendering.... IMO I like this one better then SS or IS... What would look really cool is having Electro on the shelf right under him and then the Green Goblin on the left of him...

I wonder if Doc Ock is being redesigned to fit better with this Spider-Man base... Might be why we haven't seen any updates on him for a long time....

Ill be jumping on this spidey for sure now..eager to see the full masked portrait

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Not feeling this at all. I get what they're going for, but I'd go for that other company's version, TBH. Can't even remember the name at the moment.

Sideshow wins this round.

Back