XM Studios Spider-Man 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like all Spider Man statues need huge bases, because dude is so skinny.

Looks killer so far. Base size will be fine, as I never understand the complaints regarding large/elaborate bases? Can't have enough of a good thing.
Spiderman pose reminds me of the SS Spidey vs Hulk dio, & will be interesting on how they pull it off in mid swing.

Looks killer so far. Base size will be fine, as I never understand the complaints regarding large/elaborate bases? Can't have enough of a good thing.
Spiderman pose reminds me of the SS Spidey vs Hulk dio, & will be interesting on how they pull it off in mid swing.

You certainly can have too much of a good thing. ;) As always, it comes down to personal preference. I like statues where figures are the main focus. The upcoming Iron Studios is a good example of this. It's fantastic from a technical standpoint, but Spidey is lost in that diorama.

I don't get it either. The base is too busy. The base is too dull. I guess some people just like to watch the world burn and misery loves company.

dfd4fee8b212c100e10efb6efe77159a.jpg

I don't get it either. The base is too busy. The base is too dull. I guess some people just like to watch the world burn and misery loves company.

I can't think of one XM base which seems sooooo elaborate that it minimizes the main character, rather than enhancing said character. Magneto? No. Black bolt? No. Medusa? No. Electro? No. Vulture? No. Venom? No. Oriental Bats? No. Daredevil? No.............etc. So for the nay sayers, please name one real example from XM stable of products where the base is so invasive it minimizes the main character.

Reminds me of the Amadeus movie scene, where some short sighted, royal court officials deemed Mozart's music offensive because it contained too many notes!!!!!???????? Unbelievable.

So for the tone deaf, and short sighted, look a little longer, and listen a little harder.

P.S. The Iron Studios Spiderman dio is an elaborate, highly detailed, ground breaking work of fantasy art. A true pity some are unable, or unwilling to appreciate the work.

I can't think of one XM base which seems sooooo elaborate that it minimizes the main character, rather than enhancing said character. Magneto? No. Black bolt? No. Medusa? No. Electro? No. Vulture? No. Venom? No. Oriental Bats? No. Daredevil? No.............etc. So for the nay sayers, please name one real example from XM stable of products where the base is so invasive it minimizes the main character.

Reminds me of the Amadeus movie scene, where some short sighted, royal court officials deemed Mozart's music offensive because it contained too many notes!!!!!???????? Unbelievable.

So for the tone deaf, and short sighted, look a little longer, and listen a little harder.

P.S. The Iron Studios Spiderman dio is an elaborate, highly detailed, ground breaking work of fantasy art. A true pity some are unable, or unwilling to appreciate the work.

Agreed :goodpost:

I'm afraid personal gain runs the Freaks Board motor. It's more machine now than man. :lol

I'm afraid personal gain runs the Freaks Board motor. It's more machine now than man. :lol

That or it is just someones personal opinion. Not everyone likes every piece or every company. Hell lets face it, SSC could build a fully functioning 1/4 Iron Man armour that FLIES and if it came with even the smallest scuff on the bottom of it's left foot people would be screaming about the Iron Man curse. I gotta admit I am more interested in seeing the pose then the base. It kind of looks awkward in that one shot, but I will reserve judgement till I see the full reveal.

Now just waiting for Carnage, then I will be broke

Thank God, Jesus and baby Jesus! I finally got my Spidey and everything is good. I was so worried I was going to get a lemon. Spider-Man is my #1 and this is one of the most, if not THE most, dynamic Sideshow PF so far. :blissy

Thank God, Jesus and baby Jesus! I finally got my Spidey and everything is good. I was so worried I was going to get a lemon. Spider-Man is my #1 and this is one of the most, if not THE most, dynamic Sideshow PF so far. :blissy

Congrats BriB but you're in the wrong thread. This is the XM Spidey thread not the sideshow PF thread. Glad to hear everything turned out well for you though. And I see that this is your 1st post so I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

XM fans freaking out over any criticism of their favorite company :lol

Relax. Go see how badly the base was received on the new Sideshow Spider-man PF.

XM fans freaking out over any criticism of their favorite company :lol

Relax. Go see how badly the base was received on the new Sideshow Spider-man PF.

I don't think many peeps had a problem with the crane. It was the paint apps on the smoke I remember being criticized a lot. Many folks bashed it and compared it to burnt bread rolls. I myself was not a fan of the smoke paint apps but had no issue with the crane.

Back