XM Studios Spider-Man 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't truly say until I see them all finished side by side, but on first blush, I'd say this one is better than the SS but just behind the IS. I should have the IS by the end of the month, so that'll just leave waiting for this one.

My personal view on the piece...it looks OK. Nothing about it wows me but it is a solid statue. My personal faves are still the original COM for 1/4 scale and the latest classic PF that SSC released. The most dynamic swinging Spidey still goes to Erick Sosa IMO. His 1/6 Koto Fine Arts statue is still the gold standard for a mid-swing Spidey statue in my book. I personally am very happy with the Spidey pieces I already have in my collection so I'm set. Congrats to anyone who's picking this up or really likes it.

It's just his opinion Grumpy. Don't take it personally. It shouldn't take away from your enjoyment of the statue if someone doesn't agree with you on how a piece looks.

He wrote the word "nonsense" and i just repeat the same for fun. Everything ok. :wink1:

No one can like everything. Was no offense from me. :hi5:

here's my take...

XM's Spidey: I like the concept but they need to tweak Spidey's pose some more... Like Spidey said redo his lower half of the body.

SS Spidey: The pose is good but I hate the Marshmallow base.

IS Spidey: The pose on this is really awkward, It's such a unnatural pose, like his hips become disjointed or something.... It's just really bizarre...

SS knocked it out of the park with their recent PF. The IS and XM Spidey just look too busy to me in comparison. More a diorama than a focus on the character.

I like the idea of the switch out villain components but it just doesn't seem that exciting/noticeable to swap them out.

SS knocked it out of the park with their recent PF. The IS and XM Spidey just look too busy to me in comparison. More a diorama than a focus on the character.

I like the idea of the switch out villain components but it just doesn't seem that exciting/noticeable to swap them out.

Agreed. The background overwhelms my focus on Spidey.

The more I look at the pictures the more I like the message behind the ripped mask and statue. The battle damage really does something for me and shows me that Spidey in fact is not getting out of this fight in one piece.

Good to see XM venture out and decide to not make this a clean Spidey.

my thoughts.

1. I like "busy" and would have preferred a base which showcased all of the villains at once. (I know I am in the minority).
2. I would have preferred an unmasked spidey rather than the battle damage...it looks off with a pristine suite
3. I love the creativity with this piece, top marks for webbing that actually sticks to something and I really like how he is attached to the base.

it will sell like hotcakes despite there being heavy competition. Price will be the determining factor for me...the shipping cost scares me given the size of that base.

my thoughts.2. I would have preferred an unmasked spidey rather than the battle damage...it looks off with a pristine suite

13937874_1722003974686961_5920073598211854872_o.jpg

13938411_1722003988020293_5562438194207130607_n.jpg

Doesn't look pristine to me

Back