XM Studios Spider-Man 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think many peeps had a problem with the crane. It was the paint apps on the smoke I remember being criticized a lot. Many folks bashed it and compared it to burnt bread rolls. I myself was not a fan of the smoke paint apps but had no issue with the crane.

Wasn't referring to the crane. The smoke base was ridiculed by the majority when it was shown.

Wasn't referring to the crane. The smoke base was ridiculed by the majority when it was shown.

Yeah, this is very true. I'm not a fan of that part of the base as well. I don't think the sculpt was the problem. However, the paint apps on the smoke look terrible IMO. For me personally, it does take away from the rest of the statue.

"Shot of Mufizal working on some S project...." XM Studios Facebook

13680863_1713893118831380_2348742768915980478_n.jpg

I can't think of one XM base which seems sooooo elaborate that it minimizes the main character, rather than enhancing said character. Magneto? No. Black bolt? No. Medusa? No. Electro? No. Vulture? No. Venom? No. Oriental Bats? No. Daredevil? No.............etc. So for the nay sayers, please name one real example from XM stable of products where the base is so invasive it minimizes the main character.

Reminds me of the Amadeus movie scene, where some short sighted, royal court officials deemed Mozart's music offensive because it contained too many notes!!!!!???????? Unbelievable.

So for the tone deaf, and short sighted, look a little longer, and listen a little harder.

P.S. The Iron Studios Spiderman dio is an elaborate, highly detailed, ground breaking work of fantasy art. A true pity some are unable, or unwilling to appreciate the work.

While I agree with the post I do think the Iron Studios base is groundbreaking and amazing makes the statue look like it came off a comic book page, I can also say tastes differ so some people may not agree. I will say that the base may be elaborate but one who sees the statue is going to say what is it a statue of its clearly a spider-man statue

Not feeling this one.I prefer the SS Spider Man and Iron Studios versions. Much better designs and sculpts than this sculpt imo.

"If you can´t feel it you have no feeling for Spider-Man."

Nonsense... its just way out classed by SS and Iron Studios in terms of sculpture quality and design ...imo. It's ok not great just not feeling it enough to buy it. ...

Last edited:
True nonsense. :)

Not entirely m8.... Not when it comes to Spider-Man himself. So.... I am going to start by saying that the sculpt on this is by far one of the most impressive I have seen in terms of the complexity and the detailing. It makes me green with envy really. The problem for me is the pose or should I say the two poses. Everything above the waist is a dynamic swinging action shot, and everything below the waste is a wall clinging pose. In fact almost that exact leg pose was used in the J Scott Comiquette. The leg pose grounds him in a way, and the right arm and right leg both being down stalls the action even more. If the right leg was brought up and forward that would elevate some of the problem, but squat the figure a bit. I would also make Spidey bigger to emphasize him more. Overall it looks great, just not amazing. The lack of replays to this thread supports that this is getting a luke warm response. For god sakes this is an XM Spidey this should have 15 pages of replys by now

Last edited:
The pose and sculpt is superior to the sideshow statue. I would still rank the iron studios sculpting detail higher because of its base, but XM's rendition of Spider-Man is better. I also like that this is not a rehash of another web shooting pose and that it actually has him pulling on his web to pull him through a swing. It excellently shows his agility and strength at the same time to be able to pull that high g-force turn with just his one arm while trying to avoid danger above and below him.

Great sculpt, but waist looks a little too wide/thick for Spidey. And though the rogue add-ons to base are cool, Spidey's pose, and positioning of villainous elements, don't seem menacing enough, lacking the urgency so beautifully captured in the Iron Studios effort. So, Spidey's pose needs to be more extreme, and dangerous rogue elements need to be positioned as such, breathing urgency, and imminent danger into the scene. Just lacks the drama it deserves.

P.S. Wonder if the angle and height of Goblin's pumpkin bombs means a complete re-sculpt, and re-positioning of XM Goblin sculpt(?), allowing both characters to be paired-up, with GG raining pumpkin bombs down on Spidey.

This thing looks awesome. I don't think there's anything that I DON'T like about. The ripped mask portrait is a very nice touch as well as the villain switch outs.

With that said I've already got the IS on PO, but I may end up getting this as well once I see the paint apps which I have no doubts will be amazing.

Back