[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So wait, is the argument that xx poster didn't get one from Simplytoys because too many are given out to "friends" of the company? Well for one, a company can sell to whoever they please within their licensing area. And also, I'm extremely confident saying that Simplytoys probably gets more than their fair share of XM statues to sell. If you couldn't get one, that's just the name of the game. Sideshow was the same way, fair or not.
Dunno if you are referring to me but that's not what anyone or I said. The topic has moved on in any case.

This is nothing, you should of saw the rage going on back when Magneto sold out in like 30 mins lol, people were going nuts.... Everyone thought they would have time to look around and see who had the best price.... and then BAM sold out everywhere... then when the package deals started coming out from ST and other authorized stores it got really crazy in here... so much so a Simple Toy Rep had to come into the forums and try and calm everyone down lol

The ST rep did a great job by addressing the issues. I ended up going through them for some XM statues.

Yeah. There's no rhyme or reason as to when BBTS puts these up. Just keep on checking the other stores.

This is nothing, you should of saw the rage going on back when Magneto sold out in like 30 mins lol, people were going nuts.... Everyone thought they would have time to look around and see who had the best price.... and then BAM sold out everywhere... then when the package deals started coming out from ST and other authorized stores it got really crazy in here... so much so a Simple Toy Rep had to come into the forums and try and calm everyone down lol

Oh I was there. I didn't bother with any of that. I went to the same source. And reading the posts during that time was also just as exciting! Lol!

The way I see it is the situation is high risk/reward. People that got in early committed well before there are even proto much less painted, have no idea what the base will be, send in deposit that will be way beyond paypal resolution period, may or may not get any email confirmation, won't actual know if they have a product until many months later... That takes tremendous trust in XM and the distributor "friends". But if all works out, the reward will be amazing!

So people that waited to be served, you have got to step up too. Don't miss out and call everybody that got one flippers and scammers, and shatting all over XM for being unprofessional. Step your game up!

The way I see it is the situation is high risk/reward. People that got in early committed well before there are even proto much less painted, have no idea what the base will be, send in deposit that will be way beyond paypal resolution period, may or may not get any email confirmation, won't actual know if they have a product until many months later... That takes tremendous trust in XM and the distributor "friends". But if all works out, the reward will be amazing!

So people that waited to be served, you have got to step up too. Don't miss out and call everybody that got one flippers and scammers, and shatting all over XM for being unprofessional. Step your game up!

Good points!

Wow! Yea ...that's a good way of looking at it. Great post!

Early birds took a risk sight unseen. Late birds took a risk with frantic online PO. Although, IMO, there was enough seen ahead time and XM's track record to go with the early birds.

totally...this is the risk I took with Wolverine. Though I have complete confidence in my board member, I had to basically come to terms with losing that deposit as a worst case scenario. Of course, my expectation is to get an AWESOME WOLVERINE!!! This time, I tried to lock down Phoenix a couple weeks back to no avail. So I tried my hand at ST and that didn't work out either...thems the breaks...

I personally passed on this one, because I have way to many things on pre-order as it is and I'm perosnally not a huge fan of this piece for the amount of $ it costs. Eventhough I have no doubt XM will do a great job tweaking this up a bit, I can't justify spending about 1k on a piece unless I absolutely love it. At the end of the day their will be more statues guys!! XM is just getting started. I also passed on wolverine, but only because I've never been a fan of the yellow outfit it's otherwise an absolutely amazing piece. I currently have Magneto and Hawkey locked down and next is Thanos so I have to be picky (that doesn't include other characters from other companies i have pre-ordered about 5 going on 6..).

From a price standpoint is it just me, or did it sell on BBTS for $1,099 (shipping included)...? Another website just sold out as I was looking at her..Speculative Fiction...they had her priced at I believe $1,100 (without shipping), or $950 (without shipping) if you paid in full now. That means just to get this from them you are paying around $1,400 or more from that particular store..on essentially PO day.... If BBTS does include shipping and you use that as a price gauge its about $420 for shipping since some have said early on that they secured her for $630 (not include shipping). Which basically means that just about the cheapest you can get this statue from just just about anywhere into the US is around $1,000, or $900 if your really lucky.

Aftermarket wise, depending on how much you paid for her you would have to sell her for about $1,100 - $1,500 just to break even if you ever have to. All that said..these statues aren't even in collectors hands yet. All these posts just prepare me more for my Thanos PO day. lol.. Congrats to all those who picked this up!!

BBTS sold her for $1100 without shipping. If shipping costs about $400 to the US then you are probably right math wise in that to break even you would have to sell her at $1100 to $1500 ( if you factor in customs that might have to be paid etc and PayPal /Ebay fees).

Back