[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I see it is the situation is high risk/reward. People that got in early committed well before there are even proto much less painted, have no idea what the base will be, send in deposit that will be way beyond paypal resolution period, may or may not get any email confirmation, won't actual know if they have a product until many months later... That takes tremendous trust in XM and the distributor "friends". But if all works out, the reward will be amazing!

So people that waited to be served, you have got to step up too. Don't miss out and call everybody that got one flippers and scammers, and shatting all over XM for being unprofessional. Step your game up!

:goodpost::exactly:

Wow! Yea ...that's a good way of looking at it. Great post!

Early birds took a risk sight unseen. Late birds took a risk with frantic online PO. Although, IMO, there was enough seen ahead time and XM's track record to go with the early birds.

+1

Spot on! After I got my Cap I basically locked in all my XM statues based on 3D renders.

The way I see it is the situation is high risk/reward. People that got in early committed well before there are even proto much less painted, have no idea what the base will be, send in deposit that will be way beyond paypal resolution period, may or may not get any email confirmation, won't actual know if they have a product until many months later... That takes tremendous trust in XM and the distributor "friends". But if all works out, the reward will be amazing!

So people that waited to be served, you have got to step up too. Don't miss out and call everybody that got one flippers and scammers, and shatting all over XM for being unprofessional. Step your game up!

I'm sorry Skillet...your post makes too much damn sense to be allowed in this thread.

Please remove your post and start blaming XM Studios, Friends of XM, Simply Toys, the Russians, Congress, Global Warming, President Obama, the NFL, Alien Invasions, and the common cold for preventing people from being able to PO Phoenix last night.

That is all....:wink1:

This is one case where I think a repaint would be perfectly acceptable. Maybe the angry head sculpt with whited out eyes.

2rdye4g.jpg

I was hemming and hawing over the unmasked portrait and missed out on Wolverine. Trust me, lesson learned! Now I worry that we'll have to commit before 3D sculpt even. Haha :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry Skillet...your post makes too much damn sense to be allowed in this thread.

Please remove your post and start blaming XM Studios, Friends of XM, Simply Toys, the Russians, Congress, Global Warming, President Obama, the NFL, Alien Invasions, and the common cold for preventing people from being able to PO Phoenix last night.

That is all....:wink1:

:lol :lol :rotfl

:goodpost:

This is one case where I think a repaint would be perfectly acceptable. Maybe the angry head sculpt with whited out eyes.

2rdye4g.jpg

Looks good, too much red for my tastes though.

On SF it was said that the BBTS allotment was sold out before it was even put up. Basically it was put up on the site sold out. I knew something was fishy when I didn't get the heads up email about a new XM preorder. Turns out its the US retailers that are the shady ones.

On SF it was said that the BBTS allotment was sold out before it was even put up. Basically it was put up on the site sold out. I knew something was fishy when I didn't get the heads up email about a new XM preorder. Turns out its the US retailers that are the shady ones.

If this gets confirmed it is going to start a **** show.

If this gets confirmed it is going to start a **** show.

Why? The probably had only a few and they could have been spoken for by employees, family, friends etc.. Honestly as long as they're not hanging onto them for scalping later, I don't see a problem here.

Why? The probably had only a few and they could have been spoken for by employees, family, friends etc.. Honestly as long as they're not hanging onto them for scalping later, I don't see a problem here.

Agreed. After every limited release people are going to throw a tantrum when they miss out. Has been happening since the dawn of collectibles.

Agreed. After every limited release people are going to throw a tantrum when they miss out. Has been happening since the dawn of collectibles.

The problem is that BBTS sent emails to those who enquirer stating that they would send out an email the moment that this went up for PO, and the emails never went out. Now personally it's no skin off my *** because if I was desperate to get this one I would have secured it months ago as I know just who to talk too, but. Could see why sme would be pissed.

Tune in 14 days from now for the next installment of the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Thanos PO. :horror

The problem is that BBTS sent emails to those who enquirer stating that they would send out an email the moment that this went up for PO, and the emails never went out. Now personally it's no skin off my *** because if I was desperate to get this one I would have secured it months ago as I know just who to talk too, but. Could see why sme would be pissed.

Same goes with SS with Spook emails, half the time nobody gets them and even if they do, by the time they get the code expired. :lol I agree it blows if that's what you were waiting on, but like you said and everyone has said time and time again since Magneto dropped - if they want a piece they better secure one as early as possible. Waiting until the last minute to try and shop for the better deal may cost you.

Tune in 14 days from now for the next installment of the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Thanos PO. :horror

:exactly: :lecture

If they were for friends, family, or employees why even put them up on the site? Just send us who have preordered XM statues an email saying we just didn't get enough to even bother putting them up. I can respect that.

If they were for friends, family, or employees why even put them up on the site? Just send us who have preordered XM statues an email saying we just didn't get enough to even bother putting them up. I can respect that.

There has been one person on the other forum who said he managed to snag one seconds before it went OOS, so thats one at least that was available.

If you believe rumors, Secret Compass said they couldn't even buy any because their vendor refused to sell them any.... Odds are BBTS.com only got a few in stock and those refreshing the page every few seconds probably scored them quickly.

Il never buy from secretcompass, they don't do replacement for broken statues, they said they loose money when they ship replacement to us.

missed out. oh well, I can get Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and the Jean Grey PFs for the same cost.

seems phoenix is the most popular since everyone is already anticipating yet near to impossible to get one, unlike magneto a lot were caught off guard.

Back