XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will always be peeps who buy statues and sell them off for some reason or another. I've done it myself. However, just because you lost interest in Mags doesn't mean the rest of us did and we are keeping silent because we want to protect the aftermarket value of the piece. As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the best statues ever made and captures the character of Magneto perfectly. I'm not saying this to protect the aftermarket value of the statue. When I look at it, I'm easily just as stunned by it as the 1st day I received it. SSC's Lobo and Skaar PFs give me that same feeling. I can easily lose track of time when I start to admire the details poured into those pieces. For me, they are flat out amazing.

I got mine last year February. Still love the piece as I did when I first got it. Ive had almost every single, what people call grails, go through my hands; save for Predator cinemaquette and PCS Shin Akuma. Ive even owned Doom on throne. None of them, come close to what Magneto on Sentinel throne possesses. The entire statue symbolically tells an entire story, and unfolds in your imagination. The outcome is open to interpretation. What other statue can even come close to that? Its not your usual museum posed collectible. This is an art piece with depth. Something that provokes thought and imagination. This piece really should be in an art gallery. I own so many statues I love. And I still have other "grails" in my collection. As much as I dont want to say its my top piece in my collection; It really is my top piece in my collection. And I'm proud to own it as such. Yet, as many have said in the past; Art is subjective, and the beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder. But you cannot deny the fact that the great majority of collectors think this is one of the best statues to date.

I got mine last year February. Still love the piece as I did when I first got it. Ive had almost every single, what people call grails, go through my hands; save for Predator cinemaquette and PCS Shin Akuma. Ive even owned Doom on throne. None of them, come close to what Magneto on Sentinel throne possesses. The entire statue symbolically tells an entire story and unfolds in your imagination. The outcome is open to interpretation. What other statue can even come close to that? Its not your usual museum posed collectible. This is an art piece with depth. Something that provokes imagination. This piece really should be in an art gallery. I own so many statues I love. And I still have other "grails" in my collection. As much as I dont want to say its my top piece in my collection; It really is my top piece in my collection. Yet, as many have said in the past; Art is subjective, and the beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder. But you cannot deny the fact that the great majority of collectors think this is one of the best statues to date.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. This piece is almost a diorama with the way it paints a scene that has unfolded. It truly is open to interpretation. Personally, I can't say enough good things about this piece.

Thing is, XM does what most companies have already done times and times before. Their statues and their market have the same identical effects that other statues already have (many statues at a time have sold for way under retail and now worth a grand or more). It's just that when it comes to XM, people act like if it's a big deal and something unseen before, for some reason.

Thing is, XM does what most companies have already done times and times before. Their statues and their market have the same identical effects that other statues already have (many statues at a time have sold for way under retail and now worth a grand or more). It's just that when it comes to XM, people act like if it's a big deal and something unseen before, for some reason.

The market is fluctuating right now and trying to balance itself out. Too many companies with too many statues, on top of custom artists producing a high volume of custom made statues are flooding the market. Also prices are getting to the point where theyre too high. People are getting priced out, and theyre less likely going to buy more statues. There's going to be a crash eventually. So people better know what they really want to keep in their collection, and what will retain their value. Because prices will drop on everything, and I mean drastically drop on pieces that are readily available.

Unless people get really desperate for money, not a lot of people are going to get rid of Magneto way below the asking price now. And even then, collectors such as myself would rather die with Magneto, than part with it at all, any less than just give it away, way below current asking prices. Doom on throne has been actually dropping in price. And Ive seen plenty of people, when they get a chance to buy Doom, a month or two later, they have been selling them off. They buy into the hype, and then realize its not for them. But again, there's plenty of other collectors out there, that like the character, and the piece, which maintains the value of the statue.

Means nothing. Sideshow was working on Phoenix years ago already, you can find the artworks for older comiquettes.
Means something. By your logic, if Sideshow has been working on something for years they can still release it? Who knows what they've been working on at the same time as Phoenix then?
Not to put down X Men fan, but Sideshow would have NEVER turned to characters from thw Guardians if they could do X men.
Actually, I feel the cosmic characters are getting popular. I think the movies (released & unreleased) might have opened the doors to get comic readers more interested in getting to know those characters. I'd be very interested in a Nova (Sam Alexander), & am excited for SSC's Captain Marvel (even though I'm not sure about SSC's take on the costume yet). It might have been X Men & Spiderman crazy before. But other pockets of the Marvel universe are getting up there in popularity I think. Plus, some who have been collecting for years, might have X Men/Spiderman fatigue, & be more excited about these other characters in statue form.

Bro, this is still selling for $2500 a pop on the cheap end. This piece will hold up just fine. I've seen the custom pieces you are talking about. None of them interest me personally. Regardless of the aftermarket value, I am a HUGE Mags fan and I got the piece I want for my collection.

Oh I don't think Mags will plummet in price much below its current price, but now that the super hype is dying down, and as some have said even some owners are admitting they don't love it as much anymore.

Means something. By your logic, if Sideshow has been working on something for years they can still release it? Who knows what they've been working on at the same time as Phoenix then?

Actually, I feel the cosmic characters are getting popular. I think the movies (released & unreleased) might have opened the doors to get comic readers more interested in getting to know those characters. I'd be very interested in a Nova (Sam Alexander), & am excited for SSC's Captain Marvel (even though I'm not sure about SSC's take on the costume yet). It might have been X Men & Spiderman crazy before. But other pockets of the Marvel universe are getting up there in popularity I think. Plus, some who have been collecting for years, might have X Men/Spiderman fatigue, & be more excited about these other characters in statue form.

We'll see in the near future sensei :D I'd only be glad to be wrong and see more X men

Oh I don't think Mags will plummet in price much below its current price, but now that the super hype is dying down, and as some have said even some owners are admitting they don't love it as much anymore.

I can see some owners not loving a piece as much over time. However, that happens with just about any statue released. I truly believe that most peeps that scored a Mags for their collection (not to flip) are very happy with how he turned out and are still thrilled with him to this day. I know I am.

I can see some owners not loving a piece as much over time. However, that happens with just about any statue released. I truly believe that most peeps that scored a Mags for their collection (not to flip) are very happy with how he turned out and are still thrilled with him to this day. I know I am.

+1 :wink1:

If they paid retail, it's a win situation. But I can imagine that some of those who paid $3000+ for it, get a bit disheartened when looking at it after a few months. Simply because of the cost/satisfaction ratio after owning for a bit.

There will always be peeps who buy statues and sell them off for some reason or another. I've done it myself. However, just because you lost interest in Mags doesn't mean the rest of us did and we are keeping silent because we want to protect the aftermarket value of the piece. As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the best statues ever made and captures the character of Magneto perfectly. I'm not saying this to protect the aftermarket value of the statue. When I look at it, I'm easily just as stunned by it as the 1st day I received it. SSC's Lobo and Skaar PFs give me that same feeling. I can easily lose track of time when I start to admire the details poured into those pieces. For me, they are flat out amazing.

I wasn't saying you or everyone was keeping silent. I was saying that I have had private conversations with several collectors who feel the same as I do (and have/had mags) but they don't share those opinions in public.

It's a great statue and definitely has great appeal. For me that appeal wore off.

In my opinion, anyone for whom the appeal of this Magneto has worn off just doesn't appreciate statues enough and/or had no business owning this one to begin with. Whether that's because they are not a big enough fan of the character to have purchased it in the first place or something else, I don't know. If the appeal of this statue wears off for me, I'd sell all my statues because that would mean the appeal of statues in general has worn off.

In my opinion, anyone for whom the appeal of this Magneto has worn off just doesn't appreciate statues enough and/or had no business owning this one to begin with. Whether that's because they are not a big enough fan of the character to have purchased it in the first place or something else, I don't know. If the appeal of this statue wears off for me, I'd sell all my statues because that would mean the appeal of statues in general has worn off.

Everyone eyes are different my friend. :wink1:

If they paid retail, it's a win situation. But I can imagine that some of those who paid $3000+ for it, get a bit disheartened when looking at it after a few months. Simply because of the cost/satisfaction ratio after owning for a bit.

For what it's worth (not much, I know[emoji4]), I bought mine at retail.

The market is fluctuating right now and trying to balance itself out. Too many companies with too many statues, on top of custom artists producing a high volume of custom made statues are flooding the market. Also prices are getting to the point where theyre too high. People are getting priced out, and theyre less likely going to buy more statues. There's going to be a crash eventually. So people better know what they really want to keep in their collection, and what will retain their value. Because prices will drop on everything, and I mean drastically drop on pieces that are readily available.

Unless people get really desperate for money, not a lot of people are going to get rid of Magneto way below the asking price now. And even then, collectors such as myself would rather die with Magneto, than part with it at all, any less than just give it away, way below current asking prices. Doom on throne has been actually dropping in price. And Ive seen plenty of people, when they get a chance to buy Doom, a month or two later, they have been selling them off. They buy into the hype, and then realize its not for them. But again, there's plenty of other collectors out there, that like the character, and the piece, which maintains the value of the statue.

Big time. Prices everywhere are hyperinflated and saturation is happening in a big way. Many pieces will hold value, Magneto will for the most part, but most statues will not. I'm not suggesting that prices for Magneto will crash, but that I believe they will trend downward a touch for a while. Eventually they'll creep up again or normalize.

I got mine last year February. Still love the piece as I did when I first got it. Ive had almost every single, what people call grails, go through my hands; save for Predator cinemaquette and PCS Shin Akuma. Ive even owned Doom on throne. None of them, come close to what Magneto on Sentinel throne possesses. The entire statue symbolically tells an entire story, and unfolds in your imagination. The outcome is open to interpretation. What other statue can even come close to that? Its not your usual museum posed collectible. This is an art piece with depth. Something that provokes thought and imagination. This piece really should be in an art gallery. I own so many statues I love. And I still have other "grails" in my collection. As much as I dont want to say its my top piece in my collection; It really is my top piece in my collection. And I'm proud to own it as such. Yet, as many have said in the past; Art is subjective, and the beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder. But you cannot deny the fact that the great majority of collectors think this is one of the best statues to date.

I don't deny it. But eventually the "story" of the statue stopped making sense to me. I mean, I get the story. Magneto wins and he is sitting on his high horse. But that's what bugged me. To Magneto, there is no winning really. Not against the xmen, because his battle was never with them, truly, it was against the human race. The xmen were just always getting in his way in that battle. That's a big reason that I sold it. I realized it looks like Magneto, but never really felt like him to me. Magneto is an aggressive character. A doer. He doesn't command orders from a chair. So while there is a lot going on in the statue and the story it tells, for me it was telling the wrong story.

Would Magneto sit and gloat in a sentinel hand if he had his way, slaughtered the xmen and killed all the humans? Sure, maybe. But where's the fun in that?

Just my feelings on it. I had this piece for quite a while and gave it A LOT of thought. I enjoyed the hell out of it for a while and then that tapered off and it left me feeling very confused. The statue became more of a nuisance to have than a pleasure because of the reasons I outlined above and also, with collectibles, even when I buy them at retail value, I ask myself "would I pay market value for this?" And no, I wouldn't seek this out at 2.5-3k. So while I didn't buy it for that price, knowing I wouldn't pay what it's worth, I chose to sell it. Sometimes I wish pieces I have weren't that valuable. I'd never look at it and think about how much money they are worth. It's a tic I have.

But I begrudge no one enjoying the statue. It's a masterpiece of craftsmanship in the hobby. The sentinel hand is one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a statue. His costume is incredible. With a better head (even counting the customs), I may have kept it after all. I'm glad many people have it and consider it their centerpiece.

Well that's ridiculously assumptive and judgmental.

yea man this hobby is funny i predict when SSC announced that they making doom lsf and doom 1/4 the doom throne price will go down...but it isnt (well maybe the price is down but not so much that i know)

Doom throne 500 ex and 1000 reg.... = 1500 with 300$ tag price to increase to its price now is in 3years or 6years time?

magneto throne 1000es , 820SGD went up to 3k$ within 6 month on its release ....what the hell happened man.. this statue beat Facebook stock and apple stock... LOL....
and in other side of world that iron studios magnetos doesnt received the hypetown what the hell happened man??

Back