XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the xm bubble is bursting. Phoenix and wolverine went from 1.8-2k to 1.2-1.3k. The initial prices were hyper inflated though and never going to last. I bet very few of the pieces hold much more than 850-1,000 in the long run. Only a select few will really rise much beyond retail in value, same as ss or any other company.

People said it back then when warning other people about buying at inflated prices. The one and biggest factor in secondary value is the presence (or not) of alternatives of the same character, paired with rarity, character's desiderability and final quality.
You can't expect a Wolverine to be worth 2k with N-th other alternatives on the market with very few exceptions like customs made in 50-100 pieces. Or Hawkeye to be worth 1k+ when nobody really cares for the character enough and the PF is still going for 350$.
Also, the increasing number of resellers actually helped the buyers since to a higher offer correspond lower prices, flippers are fighting each other lowering their prices. Some characters will probably start gaining back value once flippers have unloaded theirs, i.e. characters like Phoenix and Thanos.
Hard to tell right now since companies are starting churning out more and more characters and interests shift quickly.

Yes the xm bubble is bursting. Phoenix and wolverine went from 1.8-2k to 1.2-1.3k. The initial prices were hyper inflated though and never going to last. I bet very few of the pieces hold much more than 850-1,000 in the long run. Only a select few will really rise much beyond retail in value, same as ss or any other company.

Why do I always late in the game and have to pay up expensive only then find the prices adjusted. Funny thing all the prices were maxed when I bought and they had not been released. Just after released the prices were corrected down. Unbelievable..

People said it back then when warning other people about buying at inflated prices. The one and biggest factor in secondary value is the presence (or not) of alternatives of the same character, paired with rarity, character's desiderability and final quality.
You can't expect a Wolverine to be worth 2k with N-th other alternatives on the market with very few exceptions like customs made in 50-100 pieces. Or Hawkeye to be worth 1k+ when nobody really cares for the character enough and the PF is still going for 350$.
Also, the increasing number of resellers actually helped the buyers since to a higher offer correspond lower prices, flippers are fighting each other lowering their prices. Some characters will probably start gaining back value once flippers have unloaded theirs, i.e. characters like Phoenix and Thanos.
Hard to tell right now since companies are starting churning out more and more characters and interests shift quickly.

yes and the same things happened to me again.. Late on the game only to buy it at the highest price.. Funny things prices adjusted down after release haha.. Guess the flippers can't afford paying..

I paid retail for magneto and just recently bought Phoenix and Wolverine. Paid $1,400.00 U.S. for Phoenix and $1,100.00 U.S. for Wolverine.

I'm happy with those prices as I don't think I can lose.

Magneto hiked in value quicker than any other collectible in this hobby, it's roughly one year old. People like to compare it to pieces like Doom PF, but those pieces are nearly ten years old. As time goes by, its value will start increasing again, even with an alternative on the market.
This is all implying that we'll see a Magneto PF soon, which isn't sure by all means. Quite the opposite actually, the only X Men characters shown since they were banned by Disney are Sabretooh (a copy of an older statue), Brown Wolverine and Dark Phoenix, and the last two have been in development for years. The Brown Wolverine PF was hinted by SS shortly after the first PF came out, then again by Igo months before the ban, while the Phoenix comiquette artworks were around years ago, it means both characters were already approved before the ban. I wouldn't hold my hopes high for more X Men, but who knows.

So where do you find out the rumor that SS is doing Magneto? Just someone on the board with inside knowledge?

When I typed "when" I was using it to imply if they every get to it because the original poster said the word "after" meaning that it was actually already being confirmed by ss or something. There has only been rumors from forum posters wishing to see him, from what I've seen.

When I typed "when" I was using it to imply if they every get to it because the original poster said the word "after" meaning that it was actually already being confirmed by ss or something. There has only been rumors from forum posters wishing to see him, from what I've seen.

Thanks Izeroi. Got it. I knew you enlarged "when" and assumed why.

I paid retail for magneto and just recently bought Phoenix and Wolverine. Paid $1,400.00 U.S. for Phoenix and $1,100.00 U.S. for Wolverine.

I'm happy with those prices as I don't think I can lose.

Congrats on picking those up! Glad you were able to get them after what happened with your contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on picking those up! Glad you were able to get them after what happened with your contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bud! Appreciate it. I have Kraven on order with a new contact so I hope all goes good!

I got coins with both Phoenix and Wolverine as well which I plan to sell to help with the price even more!

I haven't been here for a while and I just noticed the XM Statues prices in my country start falling down. It affects all statue. It started with Wolverine, Phoenix, now Thanos, Antman, Hawkeye all are decreasing. Is this the same trend here or at ebay?

Mags still retains its value but I see more on the 2.500 price range compared to previously 3.000 range. I bouth 3 statues on secondary market and definitely are not happy with the decrease. I lost $600 already on Phoenix and Wolverine lol..

XM prices have always been competitive with SSC if you are purchasing a piece at retail, and in their home territories. The artificial inflation of prices was wholly driven by the flippers and the speculators that kept feeding into the hype train for XM pieces for their own reasons. The fact is XM makes AMAZINGLY detailed and painted sculpts, that are beautiful to behold. However, are the worth what people were paying for them at the top of the hype hill??? Probably not. However, the market is correcting for that, and they will reach a more reasonable level eventually. In the end none of that goes against the amazing art that XM does, but is Magneto literally worth 5-6 top notch SSC PFs or 3-4 Prime 1 1/3 pieces.... for many of us the answer is no, and that is where the correction is coming from .

Mags will hold up just fine. The original Doom PF is holding up. So will Mags. I personally think the XM Mags blows the doors off the original Doom PF. There's more original Doom PFs when you factor in the REG and EX editions. Also, there's already a V 2.0 Doom PF released and the OG PF isn't dropping in the aftermarket. Expect the same with XM Mags. Only 800 pieces of that masterpiece were made. Even if SSC releases a Mags I doubt it'll look better than the XM Mags. I truly believe that the demand for the XM mags will always be there along with the high aftermarket prices it's currently commanding. We may see some slight adjustments from time to time but the XM Mags aftermarket price will always be solid.

Last edited:
Back