XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up on that prospect . With potentially thousands of dollars in purchases I would expect A level service. Sadly that was not the case and emails went unanswered. So I moved on.

This was well before the information about the medical emergency. I understand that life takes priority over business but the point here is when you take people's money you also assume a certain responsibility. You decided to take on this role and you asked for people to contact you for orders . You can't just go AWOL then and expect them to just wait.

If this was a business, I wonder how many of the people who have paid would be calm?

Wow. Glad I don't trust people enough to have deposited money on this. Hope people do not end up getting ripped off.

Just to be clear ...no one has been ripped off and no one is panicking.

We are giving it time. Mark has not broken our trust.

Just to add my ten cents, I paid that guy a deposit on the 1st of August for Mags - never received a thing since, not even a confirmation. I went ahead and ordered at simply toys after that because of the non contact.

So I either have two Magneto's or one and I've been ripped. Unless it takes a few months to send an E-mail.

Gut feeling - dude is off to Thailand a touch richer. This my friends is why you don't have a go at people who missed out because they didn't want to ship paypal gifts off to a guy on Mars. Sometimes they might be right.

This stuff is quite common in the Statue Community so it wouldn't surprise me. I have warnings pop up on my groups all the time. Hopefully the guy is just horrendously bad at communicating.

I'm sorry to hear that, Solar. Didn't realize that was the case for you ...

Mark has confirmed my POs so far. Just waiting on an email response from Mark right now. Perhaps he is overwhelmed with the amount of emails. I doubt he would run off with our money, tho.

Hopefully the guy is just horrendously bad at communicating.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I sent 4 separate emails to him a month ago over a period of 4 weeks (long before his friend in hospital episode) and didn't get one reply, saw he popped up on here and demanded he replied to me, which he did.

I have 3 pre-orders with him and £300 of my money has gone to him, I have faith (going by respected members here who have dealt and received products from him) but I just want people to understand that when you give high amounts of money to someone on the other side of the world, who you have never met, you DO get anxious.

It's your money and you can expect what you want to expect, demand what you want to demand. But let's be clear that Mark, Kenny & Scoot are providing a service to most of us here that we wouldn't have otherwise. Take your chances with other retailers and sit at a computer all day hitting refresh if you don't like it. For the overheads they are charging I don't think there's a lot of profit there, for the trouble of handling these statues. Consider where most of us would be without these members... SOL.

Hey guys

Catching up on this thread and I see alot of people concerned and rightfully so. I do happen to know that Marks girl is in the hosptial. I haven't spoken to him directly in awhile but this is word of mouth from people that know him in SG. I did message him today on FB this exact thread so he can catch up and hopefully find some time to post and eliminate some of the concerns. I know Mark wouldn't dare try to make off with anyone's money. He's a good dude. He's just going through some crap right now. I agree with the concerns though and he needs to come here and catch up himself. Just trying to help the situation as it looks like there's a lot of people waiting on returned messages. Not making excuses for him by any means. Just passing on the info that I was made privy too. Hope you guys here back from him soon.

Thank you, Tav! That helps ...it really helps!

I'm hoping that all goes well with Mark. And also hope he does get to reply back to us because I really want this to be success story. For everyone ...

Thank you, Tav! That helps ...it really helps!

I'm hoping that all goes well with Mark. And also hope he does get to reply back to us because I really want this to be success story. For everyone ...

No problem at all. I feel for you guys. A month without a response is a long time and I'd be just as concerned as anyone here already is/was. I honestly don't know the extent of the health issues she's dealing with so if it is indeed serious I'm sure Mark is doing what any man would do in his position. He's gotta be with her for support and Im sure he's slightly overwhelmed with her illness and all his messages. I know he will get back with eveyone when he is able. Trust me on that part

The main reason I thought he was legit, was because when I contacted XM directly, it was them (not this board) that put me in contact with him. So the actual producers of the products are backing him.

If his kid is sick , then yeah, stuff statues, life is way more important.

Well fellas, if my words or assurance matters to anyone, I'd say you guys have nothing to worry about.

Just give Marky boy some time :)

scary.gif

You know, Yankee ...normally I'd laugh at your shenanigans. But after hearing other people's concerns ...and with good reason behind it. I think it's bad timing.

I will add that I think Mark prioritizes his responses and his idea of priority is different than some or mosts. Whereas a collector may see his needing a response to having sent a deposit on a statue that is many months away from shipping as a priority, I think those types of emails are at the bottom of Mark's priority list. From what I gather and my own experience he prioritizes responding to emails about statues that are out or about to ship. I haven't really gotten much response to my own Wolverine PO emails, yet I have, concurrently to sending Wolverine PO confirm emails, exchanged several emails with him just over a week ago about my Captain America.

My guess is that he sorts his emails and once he gets your deposit and locks in your statue, any email about it gets sorted to the "deal with later" pile because your statue is already secured and not releasing for a long while.

This is just my feeling, I'm also not making any value judgment. If Mark has a loved one in the hospital it absolutely is a priority, but at the same time not responding to people for too long, regardless of the nature of their query, will eventually put a sour taste in many mouths.

However, this is all just a customer service thing. I'm not worried about it being a factor of Mark's legitimacy or guarantee to fill orders he takes in the slightest.

You know, Yankee ...normally I'd laugh at your shenanigans. But after hearing other people's concerns ...and with good reason behind it. I think it's bad timing.

Mark posted on here about his personal dilemma, so dragging this on for pages doesn't accomplish anything except fan the flames of panic, which accomplishes nothing. If anything, I think that's bad timing considering what he's going though in his personal life.

Mark posted on here about his personal dilemma, so dragging this on for pages doesn't accomplish anything except fan the flames of panic, which accomplishes nothing. If anything, I think that's bad timing considering what he's going though in his personal life.

If you read all the post you'd know that this was happening before the personal dilemma occurred. We understand Mark's plight ...but we have to understand the other parties' plight as well. And we understand Mark's plight has priority.

No one is adding to the panic. If you read all the post, no one is panicking. And no one is bashing Mark.

Back