XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had Doom, wish I did, looks great.......happy to have Mags coming. :yess:

I never had a Doom either, I think it looks good but not good enough to pay the market price for it. But now that with Mag coming, I kinda want a Doom to go with it.

Just wondering, divo, if you've seen Doom in person, from all angles... He's much bigger and even more intricate than you'd imagine. I don't think pics do it justice. Buy, hey, if you don't like it... you don't like it.

See I think just the opposite. He is smaller than I thought and less intricate. The base is intricate though. That's what is the standout for me.

Same here. I've seen it and it looked surprisingly small. Nice sculpt but nothing worth that much. To me at least.

To be honest I kind of dislike the term "grail". IMHO what people consider precious is totally up to them.

I've always thought the word "grail" was subjective as people like to use this word openly but are actually being specific to their own interpretations.

To be honest I kind of dislike the term "grail". IMHO what people consider precious is totally up to them.

I like the term, it's just overused. If something sells out now - it's a "grail". Even though they made 3000.

Doom PF though is/was a grail , hard to find, was the only representation, seated pose was unique. Like anything else though times change, there's no doubt Magneto will get a re-release some day also.

Same here. I've seen it and it looked surprisingly small. Nice sculpt but nothing worth that much. To me at least.
My opinion as well. Seen it in person (Artist Proof version as well) and it didn't do anything to me to justify the crazy price being asked for it. For those curious this was $5000. I'd rather own the LSF. And keep the change ( which BTW I have on order).

My opinion as well. Seen it in person (Artist Proof version as well) and it didn't do anything to me to justify the crazy price being asked for it. For those curious this was $5000. I'd rather own the LSF. And keep the change ( which BTW I have on order).
The LSF is the BEST Doom I have ever seen. If QC holds up on it, it'll be a masterpiece. I also love the Bowen Doom on top of his castle. Love the pose and presence of that piece.

It's certainly the best 1/2 scale Doom anyway ;)....basically we don't know yet... but SS is failing so often at present that it's like rolling a dice for me..so I will wait for the in hand pics.

you never know XM might also have that problem as they get bigger....if they get tempted by bigger ES etc?

However this Mags is great as is the original Doom PF. Great concept, great pose, intricate, solid and IMO big for this scale....then pairing lower ES and consequently better paint and QC. That all equals a fine piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys think Doom PF = XM mag as far as trade value? Not sure if anyone PO Mag just to trade. Im sure most are keeping. Was just curious.

You guys think Doom PF = XM mag as far as trade value? Not sure if anyone PO Mag just to trade. Im sure most are keeping. Was just curious.

Well everyone is going to have different opinion. Especially you are asking this in XM thread. But just to answer your question. I think they are about equal value, but my personal preference is XM Mag. I would trade my extra Mag for a Doom PF but if I only have one Mag I wouldn't make the trade. If I only have a Doom PF, I would trade for a Mag.

Just wondering, divo, if you've seen Doom in person, from all angles... He's much bigger and even more intricate than you'd imagine. I don't think pics do it justice. Buy, hey, if you don't like it... you don't like it.

Yes skillet, I saw it in person years ago, & still doesn't do a thing for me. Hey, maybe I'm biased, as I generally don't like mixed media, especially the limp, tacky cape fabrics, & of course the pj body suits/fabrics. When a fully sculpted Doom is finally released I hope to compare notes/thoughts once again.

P.S. I do own two mixed media PFs, Uruk-Hai Berserker, & Deadpool, which I consider to be two of the best in my collection. Go figure.

By that logic the Doom PF has a better ROI considering original value of purchase.

Yes, well you can't compare ROI with so many years apart. One haven't even come out yet. But I doubt Mag would be 10k while Doom stays at 2.5k in the future. So Doom will win the ROI department.

Yes skillet, I saw it in person years ago, & still doesn't do a thing for me. Hey, maybe I'm biased, as I generally don't like mixed media, especially the limp, tacky cape fabrics, & of course the pj body suits/fabrics. When a fully sculpted Doom is finally released I hope to compare notes/thoughts once again.

P.S. I do own two mixed media PFs, Uruk-Hai Berserker, & Deadpool, which I consider to be two of the best in my collection. Go figure.

Deadpool is a great use of mixed media because it doesn't hide the great sculpt. I love the deadpool PF.

If I had to choose which one I wanted in my collection, it would be Magneto all the way.... As cool as the Doom on a Throne is, it just doesn't match up detail wise with Magneto IMO.

Well everyone is going to have different opinion. Especially you are asking this in XM thread. But just to answer your question. I think they are about equal value, but my personal preference is XM Mag. I would trade my extra Mag for a Doom PF but if I only have one Mag I wouldn't make the trade. If I only have a Doom PF, I would trade for a Mag.

See I'm more of a mixed-media guy but no way would I trade my Magneto for Doom. Personally I much prefer Mags over the Doom PF but I love this Magneto statue. I think it's one of the very best statues I've ever seen (just my opinion ;))

For me, why I favour Magneto over Doom (just as characters) boils down to this:

magneto03.jpg

Seriously, this image is like burned into my mind from when I was a kid. Magneto has been awesome in my books since I opened up that comic and marvelled at that pic.

Back