XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I see. Sorry guys. That is the medium case your all referring to. They used to have a large case as well. If you search the sideshow archives they actually used to distribute them directly through SS. Maybe they don't make them anymore or maybe they are sold out. Maybang is the actual manufacture. Try sending an email to their customer service

So this is way better then doom pf?
In my book he is. Doom himself wasn't all that impressive to me. The details on the throne are what made that piece. The cloth didn't work for me as well. It cheapened the sculpt IMO. Mags is a grand slam. Figure and base are both spectacular. The fact that his throne is made up of a broken Sentinel hand is pure genius. Also, we already know the piece will have fantastic paint apps and a solid cast. Mags is pure magic as far as I'm concerned. To be fair though, I was never a fan of the original Doom PF.

In my book he is. Doom himself wasn't all that impressive to me. The details on the throne are what made that piece. The cloth didn't work for me as well. It cheapened the sculpt IMO. Mags is a grand slam. Figure and base are both spectacular. The fact that his throne is made up of a broken Sentinel hand is pure genius. Also, we already know the piece will have fantastic paint apps and a solid cast. Mags is pure magic as far as I'm concerned. To be fair though, I was never a fan of the original Doom PF.

If Mags comes out as good as he looks now, and we have no reason right now to believe he won't, I think I'd favour Mags, too.

It'll be a huge debate, though...just wait and see. Doom is just the obvious comparison piece for Magneto.

Why always the bad guy deserve name of "grail" lol, I mean none of the good guy can be this level.

Why always the bad guy deserve name of "grail" lol, I mean none of the good guy can be this level.

Because good guys tend to get more versions made, higher ES, more options for collectors. Also they have more looks too, so not everyone likes the same look.

Original Spidey com
not-sure-if-srs.gif

If Mags comes out as good as he looks now, and we have no reason right now to believe he won't, I think I'd favour Mags, too.

It'll be a huge debate, though...just wait and see. Doom is just the obvious comparison piece for Magneto.

Not even close! XM Magneto is far superior, in every way, compared with SS Doom. I can't understand the blind obsession with Doom, as for me, it looks like a limp doll slumped over, nothing more. Truly a perplexing mystery, which i would think a blind man would be able to resolve, easily.

Not even close! XM Magneto is far superior, in every way, compared with SS Doom. I can't understand the blind obsession with Doom, as for me, it looks like a limp doll slumped over, nothing more. Truly a perplexing mystery, which i would think a blind man would be able to resolve, easily.

Have you managed to find a Magneto divo???

I feel the same way. If I could buy Doom at the original retail price I don't think I would keep it in my collection.

Hey, man, don't shoot the messenger...all I'm saying is that I'm predicting a heated debate once people start getting Mags in hand, and the inevitable side by side pics start popping up.

I like Magneto better, too, even though I also like Doom (used to own it).

Have you managed to find a Magneto divo???

No spidey, my failure to snag one is epic, but I can still appreciate outstanding work regardless. Congrats to all who managed to possibly get the best statue ever.

Hey, man, don't shoot the messenger...all I'm saying is that I'm predicting a heated debate once people start getting Mags in hand, and the inevitable side by side pics start popping up.

I like Magneto better, too, even though I also like Doom (used to own it).

My comments were not meant to shoot you down brother. And I agree, you're right, there will be a huge debate, & that's the rub. Can't understand it, & never will. For me, they are not even remotely close. To each his own I guess, but reminds me of a saying which goes something like this; "If everything was relative, cannibalism would be a matter of taste"

My comments were not meant to shoot you down brother. And I agree, you're right, there will be a huge debate, & that's the rub. Can't understand it, & never will. For me, they are not even remotely close. To each his own I guess, but reminds me of a saying which goes something like this; "If everything was relative, cannibalism would be a matter of taste"

Just wondering, divo, if you've seen Doom in person, from all angles... He's much bigger and even more intricate than you'd imagine. I don't think pics do it justice. Buy, hey, if you don't like it... you don't like it.

Back