XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I disagree with everything you say there except the art direction...GH has a pretty ordinary pose, I'll give you that. Do you have a GH in front of you to make those statements regarding the paint and QC? Mine looks pretty good :dunno

You admit that a big reason you on't like GH is because you're not a fan of the subject (i.e. I guess that means not a fan of the Planet Hulk storyline?)...you shouldn't let that get in the way of your judgement, and that pretty much has no influence on whether GH is an excellent statue. I'm one of the biggest Daredevil fans around, yet you don't see me making the claim that it's better than Magneto :lol
You guys are comical! You act like xm has a long history of perfect QC! They have released one statue with a run of 500. They had 6 months to do that run. So from what I understand they are going to ship 800 of these in two months good luck. No point in arguing with xm groupies, GH speaks for himself.
Doors this aimed at Bmutha comment.

You guys are comical! You act like xm has a long history of perfect QC! They have released one statue with a run of 500. They had 6 months to do that run. So from what I understand they are going to ship 800 of these in two months good luck. No point in arguing with xm groupies, GH speaks for himself.
Xm X

You got that from XM?

I know this is a pretty awesome statue but it still doesn't make much sense, Capt. took awhile to sell out, Hulk and all the other status are still not sold out yet... makes me wonder if you had a lot of people buying multiples to flip them on Ebay...

You are bound to be right regarding flippers to some degree BUT the fact remains that this statue is IMO (and I don't think I am the only one) way above the level of the others in the XM line including black widow (which I did order). It's the equivalent for XM to Doom on throne for SS. Just a badass sculpt. Principally I think that's why it sold out but equally explains why it will as you stated be attractive to flippers.

Last edited:
You are bound to be right regarding flippers to some degree BUT the fact remains that this statue is IMO (and I don't think I am the only one) way above the level of the others in the XM line including black widow (which I did order). It's the equivalent for XM to Doom on throne for SS. Just a badass sculpt. Principally I think that's why it sold out but equally why it is attractive as you stated to flippers.

This^^ That !#@$ing Sentinel Hand as a throne sends this statue into the creative stratosphere.

You are bound to be right regarding flippers to some degree BUT the fact remains that this statue is IMO (and I don't think I am the only one) way above the level of the others in the XM line including black widow (which I did order). It's the equivalent for XM to Doom on throne for SS. Just a badass sculpt. Principally I think that's why it sold out but equally explains why it will as you stated be attractive to flippers.
This^^ That !#@$ing Sentinel Hand as a throne sends this statue into the creative stratosphere.
I'm not a statue collector but I read a lot of the threads and am familiar with past and current stuff. Without a doubt, this is the coolest one I've seen (only quibble is the unmasked portrait, but I wouldn't display it that way). If I were to break down and get one statue, this would be it. Was considering it, but the statue just sold out too quick and secondary market prices are sure to be ludicrous. Congratulations to everyone that got this awesome piece. Has future grail written all over it.

I don't think they are sold out as in, nobody can get one. I think if you're smart and keep tabs on the relevant sites (or contacts), you can still get one, but these will vanish when they are eventually sold out.

Even between this board and the other one, what we have maybe a hundred orders? Tops, lets even TRIPLE that and say 300 statues, that still leaves 500. If we didn't know about it, retailers didn't know about it, the general public sure as hell didn't.

Keep your fingers crossed because I'm certain there are more of these to be sold. I don't think this is as bad as it first looks, I think it's a mixture of extreme hype and smart product distribution.

If XM hand 10 to this guy, 10 to this guy, 5 to this guy.... of course it's going to zip out the door.

You just have to be on the ball.

I'm not a statue collector but I read a lot of the threads and am familiar with past and current stuff. Without a doubt, this is the coolest one I've seen (only quibble is the unmasked portrait, but I wouldn't display it that way). If I were to break down and get one statue, this would be it. Was considering it, but the statue just sold out too quick and secondary market prices are sure to be ludicrous. Congratulations to everyone that got this awesome piece. Has future grail written all over it.
You could always have Dark Spidey repaint the faces. That's what I'd do. The rest is a masterpiece

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I don't think they are sold out as in, nobody can get one. I think if you're smart and keep tabs on the relevant sites (or contacts), you can still get one, but these will vanish when they are eventually sold out.

Even between this board and the other one, what we have maybe a hundred orders? Tops, lets even TRIPLE that and say 300 statues, that still leaves 500. If we didn't know about it, retailers didn't know about it, the general public sure as hell didn't.

Keep your fingers crossed because I'm certain there are more of these to be sold. I don't think this is as bad as it first looks, I think it's a mixture of extreme hype and smart product distribution.

Maybe they are saving some to sell at their upcoming convention?

Totally agree. The Hawkeye from paint to sculpt is the best so far. Magneto is still awsome, but he needs some slight tweaking. I am still ordering Mags ASAP when preorder goes up. The only issues I have had with XM is there face sculpts seem to be off (other than Hawkeye). That is why I did not get their Cap.

The only SS peice in the same stratosphere as this peice is the lobo statue. Very disappointed on SS efforts for Con, but that leaves more purcashing power for Mags, Hawkeye, and probably Wolverine.

I will take two please! Looking EPIC!!!!!!!!

No actually had two chances and passed.
Sounds like someone who couldn't get their hands on one and is now trying to trash the statue to make themselves feel better

crying-baby.jpg

You could always have Dark Spidey repaint the faces. That's what I'd do. The rest is a masterpiece

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Although I do like the sculpts, it's definitely the bit that needs improving. I'm thinking of Modding my extra HS from my other Magneto.

Maybe they are saving some to sell at their upcoming convention?

I'm guessing they probably are, that would sense as they should do that for the attendees. It's a new piece so they should showcase it and have some available for PO.

Back