XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no issue with Spidey and he and I seemed to end last night on same page. I think some will find it disrespectful to be so adamant about making changes but then not purchase the piece due to another issue. Just my opinion and worth what you're paying for it.

Keep on trucking Spidey. I'm guilty of not liking the color choice on the art print for the interior of his cape. The red interior cape really bugged me after I saw the print and I had zero problems saying so. I wanted a solid purple cape. Some peeps labeled me picky for doing so. It didn't bother me. Well, when XM gave us a painted reveal, I was thrilled to see they went with a solid purple cape. Maybe they were going to go with a solid purple cape the whole time (I noticed they changed his neck/collar area to red and it was purple in the print...so it's possible they weren't going to stick to the color reference on the print). Either way, I voiced my opinion because XM asked for feedback. I'm just super happy to see they went with a solid purple cape. I'm also happy with the tweaks made to the portraits. I think feedback was critical in making this the piece we see today and I know I'll be enjoying this statue for years to come because of it. Thanks to everyone that got involved and to XM for listening. The entire process made this a better statue.

Thanks fillip, like I said I have no intention to stop. So keep on trucking I shall.

I have no issue with Spidey and he and I seemed to end last night on same page. I think some will find it disrespectful to be so adamant about making changes but then not purchase the piece due to another issue. Just my opinion and worth what you're paying for it.

We are all good BDogg, but I do want to point out something. I wasn't adamant that the changes HAD to be made. I saw something as an artist, and I offered my opinion, and then backed it up with a modified version of what we pencilers call a "draw over". Where you show someone what you are talking about through an illustration OVER their work. It is one of the most helpful ways to learn, and it is how guys at the various art schools, like the Kubert School, learn and improve. A buddy/mentor of mine who attended classes there is a MASTER of it, his name is Loston Wallace, and he is an AMAZING ARTIST who I was blessed to learn from. In the end it was up to XM to decide what they wanted to do with that info. I am not arrogant enough to tell another artist they have to do what I say.

Temek if you have something to add you should m8. If you don't think it is relevant or accurate you can always PM someone that you trust their opinion. As for the changes we have seen they do improve the piece. IF I had a small part in that I am very happy because people will be getting a product that they are happier with.

There is nothing I need to add buddy, everything that needed to be said has already been said. You did and I was just letting you know.:wink1:

There is nothing I need to add buddy, everything that needed to be said has already been said. You did and I was just letting you know.:wink1:
I mean in the future as well m8. The one thing I learned a long time ago is that everyone has the ability, regardless of their knowledge set, to occasionally see what others can't. Don't be afraid to weigh in down the road, and thanks again for the kind words earlier. It was VERY appreciated.

I mean in the future as well m8. The one thing I learned a long time ago is that everyone has the ability, regardless of their knowledge set, to occasionally see what others can't. Don't be afraid to weigh in down the road, and thanks again for the kind words earlier. It was VERY appreciated.

I hear you Spidey, I'm pretty chill for the most part so nothing has come up yet to really get me going. But be sure that if I ordered a piece and ended up with a really crappy one, I'd be very vocal. Or if I waited a long time for a statue to come out and it looks like Jean Gray, I'll be saying something. In time I will definitely become more active in constructive criticism but also don't want to come off as a tool who thinks they know it all. Such a fine line. No problem Spidey, I try to give credit where it is due and will be the first to admit when I am wrong. Keep it up and hope your kid is doing fine (seen you mention health concerns).

Guys another brief update from specfictionshop.com, shortly there will be a product page up for XM magneto, there will be an icon that will allow you to subscribe so that you can receive an email alert as soon as pre-ordering goes live for the item. This way everyone can stay on top of it, and then between now and the PO date I will have the coupon codes for the 15% off.

I am hearing $840 SGD. Official word should come next week.
If that indeed becomes official, I'll be extremely pleased. After conversion, that works out to just $20 CAD more than what BBTS is selling Hulk, Black Widow, and Captain America for.

99% sure of the price. I am guestimating shipping will cost an additional $150. So I am figuring it will run me ~$825 shipped.
Ya, $150 seems about right...i was banking on approx 150-200
Pretty damn expensive when it's all added up...i love the work coming out of XM but tbh, i just can't justify paying these prices on a regular basis...the piece is going to have to knock my socks off AND be something that i don't already own in order for me to fork over this kind of cash

Magneto fell into both categories for me...so an easy purchase :)

99% sure of the price. I am guestimating shipping will cost an additional $150. So I am figuring it will run me ~$825 shipped.

$150 USD shipping seems too low, Hulk is shipping now, it cost $390 SGD about $312 USD, that price is coming down but it's not going anywhere near $150 USD. I am guessing prob $280 USD for shipping.

Is $840 you heard retail price, or price you would be charged, because if you are buying from Singapore, it's goes for quite a bit lower than retail.

Group discount? Hehe

No, retail is SGD $799 for the 4 that are currently for sale/PO, but no one charges that, SimplyToy is SGD $673 after member discount get factor in and sales tax removed for international sale, and Kenny and Mark are also lower than SGD $799. I just assume that would be the case for Magneto.

Back