XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the COTD statues are by far the best statues Sideshow has shown.

Agree 100%. I think they are incredibly well done. As someone else posted, they look like something you would find in a gothic store. I can probably find similar items at Spencer's. Well done , but no interest. Now xm mags is looking unbelievable, cannot wait to see final paint.

If XM acquires the DC license SS will become even less important to me. Fully sculpted is my preferred choice and it's sad to say but very seldom can SS pull off a excellent quality fully sculpted statue as of late. It boggles me because when you go back and look at the grails of old SS was untouchable! Hulk, Cap, Thor, IM Maquette and Comiquette, Spiderman, Venom, Carnage, Abom, and Doom to name a few. These were high quality and amazingly well done statues. Heavy, great paint application, details galore. Pricing was cheaper then it is now. Noone can refute the quality of all of those amazing statues yet today they just don't exist. Maybe Deadpool can hang with those. I'm sure a few others I'm leaving out to be fair but nowhere near the anticipation that I have for almost every single one of XMs releases. I truly hope SS gets their head of of their ass and comes back with a vengence. As of right now they are a distant 2nd in my PO list

Yes weight! Seeing all these videos of collectors destroying their statues (Apoc specifically) and seeing how hollow some of these bigger pieces are casted starts having me question what am I paying a premium for? Don't get me wrong, SS certainly nails some pieces. I am quite pleased with my Supes and Bats. But then again I have been incredibly selective with my purchases and SS misses more than often these days (Spidey comiquette). If anything the day we asked for is/have arrived. The day SS not longer monopolize the market and will hopefully will be forced to produce and price more competitively.

Will Magneto be 100% solid? If it is, it'll weigh a ton...be prepared to reinforce some shelves.
A besta is good for I think 60-70 lbs? I can't imagine Magneto being heavier than that.

lmao i remember that..eggshell thin rhino was written every other dang post haha

Lol yep he liked to make his point on the thin ones

He doesn't have to b super heavy. I do want him to b shelf friendly

Agreed. Doesn't have to weigh a metric ton. I think of Doom, hulk, Thor. Nice solid sculpts. Not to heavy but not paper light either.

Lol yep he liked to make his point on the thin ones

Agreed. Doesn't have to weigh a metric ton. I think of Doom, hulk, Thor. Nice solid sculpts. Not to heavy but not paper light either.

That orig Doom PF is surprisingly heavy for such a compact piece, so I think this will be quite dense as well. Speaking of which, it would have been great if Magneto is looking to his right to pair well with Doom looking to his left. But, eh... that's minor.

That orig Doom PF is surprisingly heavy for such a compact piece, so I think this will be quite dense as well. Speaking of which, it would have been great if Magneto is looking to his right to pair well with Doom looking to his left. But, eh... that's minor.

Yeah that throne was super heavy. I'd love to see a picture of your doom paired up next to Mags when this comes out. What an awesome setup that would make. I had doom but sold him off. It was a beautiful statue

I don't really mind heavy or not heavy…like when its sitting there displayed I'm not like oh yeah look how heavy it is

:lol. That is the most logical take by far. Not sure why the light ones bug me. Your right. I rarely pick up my Rhino. He just sits there. It's a subconscious thing I guess. Hollow equating to cheap . Makes me feel like corners were cut on the production of a statue. Still own some hollow ones anyways :dunno

Haven't seen the cerebro pic on here yet:

10448779_1399651640255531_2258375504711748668_n.jpg

Hoping more pics will be released today!

Back