XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the COTD statues are by far the best statues Sideshow has shown.

They look fantastic but I have no ties to the characters. I can appreciate the sculpts but there is no history with the characters. History with a character is a big part of me purchasing and enjoying a statue. That said, the Court statues do look amazing.

the court protos look great but I have no faith SS will come close to replicating them with production pieces.

As much as I like the Court line they also remind me of something I would see going into one of those Goth stores. I would have to explain to everyone who these random characters are next to Superman, Captain America, Batman, Spiderman, Cyclops, Wolverine, Thor...to name a few

This would be so epic next to my apacolypse PF fig. cant say i know much about XM studios but they got my attention, idk why SS hasn't done a magneto PF.

SS Marvel statues at the con, nothing make me want to PO.

I'll go so far as saying some of the best statues ever made. Certainly the most creative and detailed...that's for sure. CotD runs the show! Lobo PF is one of the top 5 statues down there as well as the Boba Fett PF. I love the Batgirl, PowerGirl and WonderWoman. I wish XM was able to make it down there so everyone can see just how well they would blend in with the SS statues...and also put to bed any doubt that their statues aren't on par or better than SS.

Nothing touches CotD though. NOTHING!!!!!!! I haven't seen anything that does.

They look fantastic but I have no ties to the characters. I can appreciate the sculpts but there is no history with the characters. History with a character is a big part of me purchasing and enjoying a statue. That said, the Court statues do look amazing.

There is history...and a darn good story to boot.

Like Blade said "Try some.....you might like it.":lol

courtofthedead.com

No room buddy! I'm struggling for space with Marvel and DC pieces. No chance I can start a new line of characters I have no knowledge or history with. I gotta say though, the Court line is shaping up to be some of the finest statues SSC has ever released. I'm in awe of how great they look. I just wish SSC would put that kind of effort into their Marvel license. Their Court and DC merch truly looks fantastic.

Of all the years of SDCC since I been collecting, this is the first year SS didn't have anything out that really excited me. Sideshow's original line did always intrigued me. They once again demonstrated it with their COTD. However it is nothing I would personally purchase.

the court protos look great but I have no faith SS will come close to replicating them with production pieces.

Thats the thing lately. I know its a beaten topic but I think my interest and purchases in SS have waned and slowed considerably due production pieces not matching the proto. I don't mind the price increases and I even convinced myself to not mind the edition size dramatic increases. But man when I pay this kind of money, I feel cheated when it doesn't arrive the way it was advertised. Not to mention the delays, quality control, and buying collectors off by offering them a measly refund. This was never the way SS did business with collectors before.

And that's why XM is appealing to me. I know they had only one release but it was done correctly. Their edition sizes, quality control, and magneto on throne reminds me of SS early days and their doom on throne. XM may follow the same path as SS as they grow but for now they have my attention.

Thats the thing lately. I know its a beaten topic but I think my interest and purchases in SS have waned and slowed considerably due production pieces not matching the proto. I don't mind the price increases and I even convinced myself to not mind the edition size dramatic increases. But man when I pay this kind of money, I feel cheated when it doesn't arrive the way it was advertised. Not to mention the delays, quality control, and buying collectors off by offering them a measly refund. This was never the way SS did business with collectors before.

And that's why XM is appealing to me. I know they had only one release but it was done correctly. Their edition sizes, quality control, and magneto on throne reminds me of SS early days and their doom on throne. XM may follow the same path as SS as they grow but for now they have my attention.

Excellent Post. I think many of us agree with your thought process. I've had some type of unacceptable issue/damage with my last 3 out of 4 SS pieces. Only one of those issues was remedied. I will continue to monitor my SS purchases very closely. Anything that doesn't show up looking as it should will be sent back. If the problems continue SS will be put on the back burner for the unforseen future. At least until they get their act together.

If XM acquires the DC license SS will become even less important to me. Fully sculpted is my preferred choice and it's sad to say but very seldom can SS pull off a excellent quality fully sculpted statue as of late. It boggles me because when you go back and look at the grails of old SS was untouchable! Hulk, Cap, Thor, IM Maquette and Comiquette, Spiderman, Venom, Carnage, Abom, and Doom to name a few. These were high quality and amazingly well done statues. Heavy, great paint application, details galore. Pricing was cheaper then it is now. Noone can refute the quality of all of those amazing statues yet today they just don't exist. Maybe Deadpool can hang with those. I'm sure a few others I'm leaving out to be fair but nowhere near the anticipation that I have for almost every single one of XMs releases. I truly hope SS gets their head of of their ass and comes back with a vengence. As of right now they are a distant 2nd in my PO list

Is anyone willing to PM me the contact information for preordering XM pieces?

I know there was a contact person through these boards, but going through old threads, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Back