XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clarify guys, I know that XM isn't supposed to directly sell to a US retailer based on their contract but the statement I made was a direct quote. Don't you think it is kinda strange that two different retailers, one us based and the other Singapore based come up with the same offer? If you buy more then we can get you one?

Nicely said Spidey. I agree it's their party. Similarly I think I read on here that they apparently have a few Cap and Mag pieces still available for the local Con at Singapore. Again where did this miraculous stock come from if the product is truly sold out? I think we are all disappointed because the business side of things is taking priority over the enthusiast side.

Sold Out means "no more are available for sale" Sold out on it's own doesn't mean "no more exist in our possession". That's how people take it because they assume every piece on hand would be made immediately available for sale, but this is rarely the case.

All sorts of companies, nearly every one, holds back stock of something for one purpose or another. Often it's for customer service replacements, other times it's to hang on to pieces to sell at a later date, or offer in package deals, or whatever myriad reasons there could be.

Hey guys, we are pleased to inform you we have been allocated more coins by XM Studios. Some have been allocated to our wholesale customers while the rest are to be given to customers in the order the PO has been received. These customers will be notified by our friendly websales team via email.

Kyle XXXX 08/8/2014 15:28:36
Stuart XXXX 08/8/2014 15:33:45
Suranteran XXXX 08/8/2014 15:37:37
Robert XXXX 08/8/2014 15:38:52
Christophe XXXX 08/8/2014 15:46:46
John XXXX 08/8/2014 15:47:04
Manuel XXXX 08/8/2014 15:49:51

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

However, Surly I gotta figure this plan was in place fairly early on as these bundle plans were available almost immediately after these sold out at most retailers. So this isn't stock held back for replacements. It was held back to sell more statues. Again, brilliant, but I think others incentives could have been found. Maybe not as effective, but as some ne said when they read ST was doing this... It is kind of like they are holding Magneto hostage...lol.

I wasn't saying these were held back as replacement stock. I was just using that as one of many other examples as to how and why different companies will list something as sold out when they still possess more. I agree selling in bundles was part of the plan, I agree it's smart and I have absolutely no qualm with it either.

So XM is sold out of their "one time purchase" Magneto's, BUT they have an additional allotment (size unknown) for retailers that buy more of their other statues from them, who then turn around and sell Magneto in a bundle with those other statues. So this is/was a fake sellout of an entirely different fashion. When XM says they don't have anymore what they mean is "anymore single just Magnetos", but what they didn't initially say is "but we have more available if you buy/sell more of our other statues". I figured these bundled ideas had to have come from somewhere, and whether XM is suggesting it or not I think it is totally understandable that retailers are going with this idea of selling more product so they don't have an entire pile of statues sitting around they didn't want to buy in thepriest place, and have no buyers for. However, I think a more fair way of XM to have handled it would have been to divy up their ENTIRE allotment of statues based on past sales practise for all retailers with a select number set aside for first time retailers. So in the end those who had sold more XM statues in the past would still be rewarded, with a select group of new retailers also being aloud into the game. Don't get me wrong I think it is brilliant business on XMs part to do what they are doing, and I understand why retailers are doing what they are, but I just think it would have been more fair to do it a different way. However, it is XMs business plan and they can do what they want I guess.

Hi guys, please please do not interpret wrongly. We were given a quantity to sell on Friday morning and we did not get anymore after that initial allocation. There is also no option for us to increase quantity for Magneto if we order this and order that. At least it was not offered to Simply Toys. What I meant was the initial allocation was given according to the number of statues we had previously ordered which makes sense right? If not, what is the basis for allocation of the statues?

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

Hey guys, we are pleased to inform you we have been allocated more coins by XM Studios. Some have been allocated to our wholesale customers while the rest are to be given to customers in the order the PO has been received. These customers will be notified by our friendly websales team via email.

Kyle XXXX 08/8/2014 15:28:36
Stuart XXXX 08/8/2014 15:33:45
Suranteran XXXX 08/8/2014 15:37:37
Robert XXXX 08/8/2014 15:38:52
Christophe XXXX 08/8/2014 15:46:46
John XXXX 08/8/2014 15:47:04
Manuel XXXX 08/8/2014 15:49:51

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

Hey, coins are coming in droves! Lol. Glad more of your customers are getting them. XM didn't decide to make more, right? The coins are still just for 400 pieces, yes?

Hey, coins are coming in droves! Lol. Glad more of your customers are getting them. XM didn't decide to make more, right? The coins are still just for 400 pieces, yes?

Since there are 400 coins and the total edition size is 800, I reckon XM studios made a mistake in our initial allocation of coins as the extra pieces of coins they gave now make up 50% of our total order. It could be an oversight at their end. Nah, don't think they produced more. If they did, I will be very disappointed.

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

Since there are 400 coins and the total edition size is 800, I reckon XM studios made a mistake in our initial allocation of coins as the extra pieces of coins they gave now make up 50% of our total order. It could be an oversight at their end. Nah, don't think they produced more. If they did, I will be very disappointed.

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

That makes sense. I would think that every retailer would be given 50% coins, 50% not coins. Regardless of order size and past orders, that's the only fair way to do that.

On a side note, it is always good that a retailer is present on forums for discussions. We thank you Simply Toys and Ann for taking the time to be on here.

After all the negativity they received, I can say that my first time experience with ST is a positive one.

I was able to lock a Magneto in. I never received any mail that there will be a cancellation. Their customer was always very quick to reply on my questions. Their answers were also very clear and eloborate.

At noon they also send me a mail that I would get one of the 7 extra coins the received. Their price was also sharp and as you can read, they are trying to get the best shipping quotes.

So for me, up until now, it has been a positive experience.

It's all good now. People that really wanted it, got it. People were looking for discounts took risk and waited. Some paid off, some didn't. People that REALLY still want one now, can still get it at this stipulation..... or pay the same bundled cost on eBay just for Mag (probably). The statue will cost what the market will bear. Don't like the price, don't buy. XM is doing their best with license constraint. Simply Toys is doing their best with their allotment. Can't please everybody. It's all good. Love the transparency by Simply Toys, though.

Btw, Ann, did you ask the "bosses" before you sell off their statue? :lol

Big props to Simply Toys coming into a heated discussion and being upfront and honest. Most companies shy away and wouldn't bother jumping on a forum to set the record straight. I love what they are doing. I am sure Simply Toys earned a few extra customers by just opening themselves up to feedback and questions here. Very well done.

Yup, thanks for clearing things up :clap

It's all good now. People that really wanted it, got it. People were looking for discounts took risk and waited. Some paid off, some didn't. People that REALLY still want one now, can still get it at this stipulation..... or pay the same bundled cost on eBay just for Mag (probably). The statue will cost what the market will bear. Don't like the price, don't buy. XM is doing their best with license constraint. Simply Toys is doing their best with their allotment. Can't please everybody. It's all good. Love the transparency by Simply Toys, though.

Btw, Ann, did you ask the "bosses" before you sell off their statue? :lol

I agree with you that right now for this piece things are how they are, and that is all okay. I am making suggestions for the future is all. Like I said XM listens, that is obvious from the fact that we now know all the PO dates for their upcoming statues. That was in response to fan requests. So my idea about the bundles and discounts is just simply a suggestion.

Its no wonder other retailers don't come on here. We actually get one on trying to give a legit explanation and everyone jumps all over it full of criticism and conspiracy theories and complaints. :dunno

A lot of times, it is people who didn't even buy statues from ST, criticizing them...

A lot of times, it is people who didn't even buy statues from ST, criticizing them...

The misunderstanding of what was going on with ST caused a firestorm yesterday. However, Ann did a FANTASTIC job cooling it down. I can honestly say their subscription policy has me VERY interested given what I know is coming down the line.

The misunderstanding of what was going on with ST caused a firestorm yesterday. However, Ann did a FANTASTIC job cooling it down. I can honestly say their subscription policy has me VERY interested given what I know is coming down the line.

ST has sent me a mail this morning that the subscription has been cancelled. XM asked them to stop this service.
The people who ordered with ST will get a mail a few hours before the PO will go up.
I was also interested in that service, pity they had to cancel that.

Back