XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you sign up for their subscription service (which, to my understanding, just re-allocates the money you paid for it to other XM statues anyway), you're elligible to buy a Magneto? Or is that all redeemed now?

I didn't read everything from the last week so I apologize if it has been posted already. I got this from Toy Industries today after inquiring about a few XM statues coming up for PO in the near future

Dear Friends and Fellow Collectors

My sincere apologies to all. We were just informed that we are unable to accept further Pre-Orders until XM officially releases their line-up in their website. At this point of time, we are unable to accept further deposits.

For those who have responded to our emails earlier, we will honour your request to reserve your favourite Character with or without deposits. In view of this setback, Toy Industries have decided to undertake full deposits with XM Studios first. These items will be placed on hold for 7 Calendar Days after its launch. We will keep you updated on the availability of these statues thereafter once they are allocated to us. Should you decide not to proceed with the reservation after the holding period, we will give up your allocation to the potential buyer who is next in line.

At the same time, we will send out individual emails to those who have made reservations with us (with or without Deposit) over the weekend to ascertain your final interest in each Statue.

Once again, my apologies for any inconveniences caused and I hope to have your kind understanding on our constraints.

Best Regards

Tim

With such limited numbers the bottom line is not everyone is going to be happy with this release. Severe allocations are occurring and what Ann said is true. The retailers getting supplied by ST are most likely asking for numerous Magnetos and that's just impossible. We know collectibles get allocated to retailers often so what's the difference now? As for them handling their extra Magnetos ST is going by way of a loyalty/incentive type program. I honestly think that's the only way they can handle this since it rewards previous customers and repeat buyers. They would rather have the returning purchaser over the one who's just gonna buy Magneto and nothing else. It's hard to please everyone and this is what they feel is a fair way to deal with the situation.

Agreed.

It's a shame Ann is wasting her time responding to people here who have no intention on purchasing XM products though.

On a sideshow note I think Magneto has made people aware of Xm Studios that there not no small statue company and good on them for telling releases in advance so people have no reason to complain and can prepare themselves!

On a sideshow note I think Magneto has made people aware of Xm Studios that there not no small statue company and good on them for telling releases in advance so people have no reason to complain and can prepare themselves!

You know there will be complains, I don't know what it is, but I am sure folks will be creative.

I'm really glad Ann showed up today to help clarify issues. I know I had a bunch of questions this morning and they've all been answered. I think SimpleToys is doing the right thing by allocating those 5 coins to first time buyers. Like myself a lot of people are new to XM.

Last edited:
Personally I really like yhe ST response. Its business and I think they are being just. I've always been a loyal customer and appreciate when companies honor that. All the hate is coming from people who missed this in the first place and most who missed did so because they were trying to save money. Thats on you. Now you want a break on an exceptionally hot item when you have no relationship or history with the company. You think the shop owner is really going to sell his to you. As someone who runs a business I would favor my repeats as well over a new customer demanding top shelf treatment.

I actually like how they are responding on here as well. I think you should be careful about generalizing about everyone who has commented on the SimplyToys situation as haters who are only doing so because they missed out on magneto. I missed mags but am not upset about...whatever, I move on. The initial negative response to the SimplyToys method was an understandable one. They are doing the right thing in coming on here and giving explanations for their process. While I don't agree with some of it, I do commend them for not putting their final stock up for ridiculous scalper prices. I also think it's fine if they reward their repeat customers but that COULD have a slightly adverse effect on new customers. In the end, I for one am just commenting on what I think is right or wrong and my feelings have nothing to do with whether I got a PO for mags or not.

I think Ann has done an excellent job answering questions and clarifying things. This subscription idea intrigues me, and I think with some refining it could really work. While I am not going to be jumping on it right now. The idea that you could buy a subscription and automatically sign up for certain pieces is brilliant. There is nothing out from XM that I have to have right now, but I could easily see myself hoping on a few pieces down the line, and this would simplify that a lot.

It makes sense for businesses to allocate sales to repeat and multiple statue buyer's instead of a one time and gone purchaser. I signed up for Mags, Wolv, Thanos and Mark 7 when I made my Mag's purchase which I was okay with. I will probably end up throwing more on this list, once more designs are released. It's a win-win for both party's involved and make's me feel a lot less stressed about rushing to get PO's in.

I commend Simply Toys for their time and long explanations posted on this forum. The sad truth is that there were significantly less Magneto's available then the demand has turned out to be. There is not a single member on this forum that predicted a one day del out. Not one. I knew how hot this statue was and still gave it a month to sell out. XM had no idea. Simply Toys had no idea. Let's face it. This type of sellout doesn't happen anymore period. There are no rules that Simply Toys has to abide too. They could have kept their secret personal stash a secret yet they offered them up to the true fans that really want to collect the entire line. You may not agree with it and to be honest it doesn't matter anyways. They did the best they could to be fair. Simply Toys is a business first and foremost. They didn't have to do a damn thing to help out anyone. Especially at the retail price, package deal or not, that was offered. I've used Simply Toys in the past. This doesn't change my views on them being a solid retailer to order from on future purchases in the least

I commend Simply Toys for their time and long explanations posted on this forum. The sad truth is that there were significantly less Magneto's available then the demand has turned out to be. There is not a single member on this forum that predicted a one day del out. Not one. I knew how hot this statue was and still gave it a month to sell out. XM had no idea. Simply Toys had no idea. Let's face it. This type of sellout doesn't happen anymore period. There are no rules that Simply Toys has to abide too. They could have kept their secret personal stash a secret yet they offered them up to the true fans that really want to collect the entire line. You may not agree with it and to be honest it doesn't matter anyways. They did the best they could to be fair. Simply Toys is a business first and foremost. They didn't have to do a damn thing to help out anyone. Especially at the retail price, package deal or not, that was offered. I've used Simply Toys in the past. This doesn't change my views on them being a solid retailer to order from on future purchases in the least

Very well put and totally agreed.

Hi Sarakawa,

the orders that were so-called-cancelled are wholesale orders that are huge and definitely not able to be fulfilled. For instance, a retailer ordered 100pcs of Magneto via email or text to the sales manager which is even higher than the quantity allocated to us by XM Studios. Hence there is no way other than "cancelling" most of the order of 100pcs. Even if we are given all 800pcs, we cannot just be allocating 100pcs to one single retailer. Moreover, I understand from our wholesale manager all retailers understand at time of their orders their orders will not be fully fulfilled as we were given a small qty by XM Studios.

I seek your understanding after hearing our side of the story.

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

Hey Ann,

I Wanted to say thanks for taking the time and explaining the situation, now that I know what happened behind the scenes I have no bad feelings towards Simple Toys. A lot of us collectors asked for XM to keep the statues limited by not offering more then 1000 so this is the madness that goes along with it and I think collectors should keep that in mind when they get frustrated by having to scramble to find one.

I think the confusion was the email you sent out to wait listers, it kind of made it sound like you guys were hording like 50 Magnetos in the back room for bundles packs only, we didn't realize there were only 5 and where you got them from. Now that I know It's all good.

Anyways on my end I'm cool with the explanation.... Thanks Again...

From what was posted earlier, I assumed Simply Toys cancelled pre orders directly from customers who purchased from them. Now my understanding is that another retailer, who is being supplied by Simply Toys actually cancelled pre orders because they aren't getting as many as they thought/wanted. The scenario I pictured was Simply Toys cancelling Magneto pre orders, to supply their subscription service. After reading Ann's responses, it seems they decided to use their own planned private stock to move their subscription service & offer Magneto to those that missed out at the same time.

Good thing she cleared some of it up. This thread could have went in a different direction without her contribution.

Yep it was the secondary retailers that were canceling their preorders because of the allocation. Not simply toys.

Don't burn me at the stake here, but maybe XM should seriously consider increasing the edition size, say 1500 units? It would still give this statue a true limited edition size of only 1500, not too bad. Maybe the increase can be applied to the really popular characters? Imagine the chaos when Spidey, Batman, Superman, are finally released by this amazing, creative company. Just a thought, or wishful thinking, take your pick.

Don't burn me at the stake here, but maybe XM should seriously consider increasing the edition size, say 1500 units? It would still give this statue a true limited edition size of only 1500, not too bad. Maybe the increase can be applied to the really popular characters? Imagine the chaos when Spidey, Batman, Superman, are finally released by this amazing, creative company. Just a thought, or wishful thinking, take your pick.

I agree with you, but only if they manage to branch bigger as a company, and could ship to multiple countries; in a few years, I'd say minimum 5 years. However, as a small company, regardless of popularity, they should stick with the no over 1000 ES rule. I know it sucks, but from the stand point of using materials costs and etc...I think it's best for everyone. Besides these guys are committed to making kick ass statues, so I'm glad they do what they do, if they expand, you'll start getting people who do it for the money and not the customers.

I agree with you, but only if they manage to branch bigger as a company, and could ship to multiple countries; in a few years, I'd say minimum 5 years. However, as a small company, regardless of popularity, they should stick with the no over 1000 ES rule. I know it sucks, but from the stand point of using materials costs and etc...I think it's best for everyone. Besides these guys are committed to making kick ass statues, so I'm glad they do what they do, if they expand, you'll start getting people who do it for the money and not the customers.

Agreed, first release hasn't even hit so no reason to be changing their mission statement yet.

For one XM already made a promise not to exceed 1000 statues.... And the low edition size is what makes these statues a true collectable and not something you would find at Toys R Us like other Mass producing companies which I won't mention.

I agree, it's part of the fun of collecting. sometimes you get it and other time not. So many want low ES and then when and item they want is low ES and sells out, then they go crazy.

From all I have heard Simply Toys is a reputable store. I can't imagine how hard it must be to allocate limited stock to multiple companies...no matter how much or how little product they have purchased from ST in the past.

From how it sounds, maybe there is some method to SS's extremely high edition sizes on their statues....especially if this is the kind of blowback companies are dealing with. Can you imagine if there were only 800 total SS Superman PFs to sell? The whole collectible hobby would have been in an uproar because of low and very limited allocations of a highly popular character.

So from now on, I am not going to bash SS or any other company for high ES's because I can see how it would be a massive problem. No prior to this Magneto, I had heard nothing negative about ST. But now since everyone wants a Magneto and can't get one....all hell has broken loose. You know, this is why I am of the mindset that if YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE!!!! Many people had the opportunity to acquire Magneto and any other XM product WELL BEFORE this sold out. So why all this bashing of a store that no one knows nothing about in terms of ST allocation to other buyers?

I know others will disagree with this comment, but if I was ST.....I would just keep on steppin and continue doing what you have been doing for the past few years. Its up to everyone else that did not acquire Magneto or Captain America or any other XM product to just get over it.

Back