XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't get a coin because it's your 1st order with them? Lame.

/

Yah :(

"Hi there,

Your statue does not include the coin. Priority for the coin was given to customers who had previous purchases of XM statues and we had none left over for customers who were ordering for the first time. However, now that you’ve ordered an XM statue with us you’ll have a higher chance for the coin next time.

Best Regards

RORY SLINGO
Simply Toys Web Sales Team"

Very strange decision if you ask me by Simply Toys. I can understand wanting to keep your current repeat customers happy but you're likely killing any chance of those who are first time buyers from wanting to buy from you again.

Quote fail :lol
It is worse here in Malaysia. Simplytoy cancelled all the confirmed preorder from retailer and applied the same condition if you want one. Most local retailer are at their mercy because Simplytoy monopolise the statue market here including Sideshow stocks.

I guess not many of us is taking this offer so now they offer to you guys.
So that's where the new stock is coming from? Cancelled Malaysian pre orders? That might be lamer than their subscription service.

It is worse here in Malaysia. Simplytoy cancelled all the confirmed preorder from retailer and applied the same condition if you want one. Most local retailer are at their mercy because Simplytoy monopolise the statue market here including Sideshow stocks.

I guess not many of us is taking this offer so now they offer to you guys.

I hope XM studios is paying attention to these BS tactics by one of their chosen re-sellers... if anything it makes XM look terrible, the demand is SO crazy high for these statues, there's no reason they Need to keep this distributor on board. What a way to screw the fans-- gg ST ill never buy from you or specfiction (for the $3k mag hike)

Here is the last information that I got from Simply Toys in regards to this bundle:

Mike,

The $2,147 includes -*

bla2

With regards to the subscription to upcoming XM preorders, you can also choose to pre-pay the deposits for them now and not have to worry about them when preorder opens, your orders will be locked in. Or you can send us each deposit separately, the deadline is a week before each respective preorder opens.

well if you want to collect all avengers + magneto it will awesome for them or xmen line + l(ets say ) thor . but for me this is a super lame practice. collector should get fair and square buying time eg pop cultureshock method even though their web pretty sucks but it's fair.
and dude US$187 shipping wow!! they should use Singapore post .

I hope XM studios is paying attention to these BS tactics by one of their chosen re-sellers... if anything it makes XM look terrible, the demand is SO crazy high for these statues, there's no reason they Need to keep this distributor on board. What a way to screw the fans-- gg ST ill never buy from you or specfiction (for the $3k mag hike)
Retailers tactics should have no bearing on the manufacturer...How were they to know what would happen?
Once they are aware of it they should take action.

Even if you wanted the entire XM line, that is just bad business. XM should totally just axe simplytoys...that would ****ing put them in their place...

Doubt they can do that. Simplytoy is too big for them to offend. Although Magneto has sold well, they still need to rely on Simply Toy to sell the other slower moving statue.

The official reseller in Malaysia that gets direct from XM has no cancellation. So in future most of us will get from them.

Even if you wanted the entire XM line, that is just bad business. XM should totally just axe simplytoys...that would ****ing put them in their place...

Unless their contract specifically says you can not do X or Y with our product there is not much they can do, unless they change said deal. Once a company pays for the product it is their right to do what they want with it.

Hi everyone, my name is Ann and I am from Simply Toys joining the forum for the first time. I understand from a customer I should look at this page and perhaps clear some air and hear our side of the story.

We have been allocated a small quantity given by XM before we or our retailers were even given a chance to order. So how do we allocate the quantities for our retailers and for the collectors? We took the total quantity of items ordered for the first 4 statues and allocated to retailers according to how many pieces of the initial items they have ordered - pretty much how XM allocated the number of Magnetos to us. In all fairness, it is not right for us to give a retailer who have not ordered any other XM studio items in the past to want 30 pieces of the Magneto or someone who has ordered 1 of each of the other items and want 50pcs Magneto. So we allocated fairly according to past orders - any 3 pieces of the older items for 1 Magneto has been allocated to all the retailers + coins. There were just a couple of pieces left over from the allocation and to be fair to XM, we pushed sales of their older releases that are not already sold out by getting retailers to order more pieces of older items to get a Magneto. So retailers who are complaining about having confirmed sales cancelled, please take note, you have submitted your unrealistic orders but there is no way we can supply. Many retailers even ordered quantities higher than what we have been allocated. Unless all 800pieces are allocated to us, there is no way we can supply to all retailers and customers.

At our retail end, we sold out all our retail pieces of Magneto within 2 hours from the time we put up on the website for preorder. Just a few days ago, XM released the list of items that will be released for preorder over the next few months. Our mailbox has been flooded with customers asking if they can order Wolverine, or even have a standing order for future orders and some even suggested they wanted to get EVERY SINGLE XM item released however is sad that there will not be any Magneto for them to get the complete collection without paying extra for the statue on the secondary market.

Now everyone must be curious how we still have "extra pieces" when we have sold out all and even created a waitlist as we were told by XM we will only get more pieces if other retailers choose not to take their full allocation. There are 5 pieces we have dug out - we kept 3 pieces of this Magneto to be displayed at 3 of our retail stores in Singapore. There are also 2 pieces kept for the bosses. Some of you probably have received an email from us that we have introduced the subscription list as well as indicate the items you are interested in ordering from the list of upcoming XM studios items. Since there are requests for customers to get the whole collection, we have decided to give up these 5 pieces to sell at RETAIL LESS 10% discount less 7% tax for overseas customers. We can definitely sell 2-3 times the present value for one Magneto many months down the road, but we choose to sell them to collectors who can't sleep because they cannot complete their collection.

I apologise on behalf of Simply Toys if we have offended anyone, but it is never our intention to have done this. I guess it might have been better if we just kept the 5 pieces for display purposes rather than getting so much negativity from members of this forum.

We can be reached at [email protected]. Once again, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I will hang around for the next hour to answer any question :)

Regards,
Ann Goh
Simply Toys LLP

Retailers tactics should have no bearing on the manufacturer...How were they to know what would happen?
Once they are aware of it they should take action.

Sorry if that's how my post came across-- i meant going Forward, to date XM studios has been crazy Awesome. Putting aside the fact that their sculpts are amazing, their customer service & dedication to making the fans a part of every piece is what i like, i emailed em some suggestions/Q's on their wolverine, BAM replied next day.

Hi everyone, my name is Ann and I am from Simply Toys joining the forum for the first time. I understand from a customer I should look at this page and perhaps clear some air and hear our side of the story.

We have been allocated a small quantity given by XM before we or our retailers were even given a chance to order. So how do we allocate the quantities for our retailers and for the collectors? We took the total quantity of items ordered for the first 4 statues and allocated to retailers according to how many pieces of the initial items they have ordered - pretty much how XM allocated the number of Magnetos to us. In all fairness, it is not right for us to give a retailer who have not ordered any other XM studio items in the past to want 30 pieces of the Magneto or someone who has ordered 1 of each of the other items and want 50pcs Magneto. So we allocated fairly according to past orders - any 3 pieces of the older items for 1 Magneto has been allocated to all the retailers + coins. There were just a couple of pieces left over from the allocation and to be fair to XM, we pushed sales of their older releases that are not already sold out by getting retailers to order more pieces of older items to get a Magneto. So retailers who are complaining about having confirmed sales cancelled, please take note, you have submitted your unrealistic orders but there is no way we can supply. Many retailers even ordered quantities higher than what we have been allocated. Unless all 800pieces are allocated to us, there is no way we can supply to all retailers and customers.

At our retail end, we sold out all our retail pieces of Magneto within 2 hours from the time we put up on the website for preorder. Just a few days ago, XM released the list of items that will be released for preorder over the next few months. Our mailbox has been flooded with customers asking if they can order Wolverine, or even have a standing order for future orders and some even suggested they wanted to get EVERY SINGLE XM item released however is sad that there will not be any Magneto for them to get the complete collection without paying extra for the statue on the secondary market.

Now everyone must be curious how we still have "extra pieces" when we have sold out all and even created a waitlist as we were told by XM we will only get more pieces if other retailers choose not to take their full allocation. There are 5 pieces we have dug out - we kept 3 pieces of this Magneto to be displayed at 3 of our retail stores in Singapore. There are also 2 pieces kept for the bosses. Some of you probably have received an email from us that we have introduced the subscription list as well as indicate the items you are interested in ordering from the list of upcoming XM studios items. Since there are requests for customers to get the whole collection, we have decided to give up these 5 pieces to sell at RETAIL LESS 10% discount less 7% tax for overseas customers. We can definitely sell 2-3 times the present value for one Magneto many months down the road, but we choose to sell them to collectors who can't sleep because they cannot complete their collection.

I apologise on behalf of Simply Toys if we have offended anyone, but it is never our intention to have done this. I guess it might have been better if we just kept the 5 pieces for display purposes rather than getting so much negativity from members of this forum.

We can be reached at [email protected]. Once again, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I will hang around for the next hour to answer any question :)

Regards,
Ann Goh
Simply Toys LLP

Hi Ann

Based on my understanding the retailer I ordered from actually confirmed with you guys if there is Magneto stock before placing the order. The same retailer also have previously gotten other XM statue from you guys as I understand they don't deal with XM. I understand almost all the order was cancelled. At the point of placing the preorder magneto was still available for sale at your site as well. If you were not to accept the order why didn't you cancel upfront rather than waiting till this Monday to do so. By Monday there is no other place we can get it from. Yesterday the retailer came back to me and tell me we can order if we buy all the other XM statue.

Hi Ann

Based on my understanding the retailer I ordered from actually confirmed with you guys if there is Magneto stock before placing the order. The same retailer also have previously gotten other XM statue from you guys as I understand they don't deal with XM. I understand almost all the order was cancelled. At the point of placing the preorder magneto was still available for sale at your site as well. If you were not to accept the order why didn't you cancel upfront rather than waiting till this Monday to do so. By Monday there is no other place we can get it from. Yesterday the retailer came back to me and tell me we can order if we buy all the other XM statue.

Hi Coffee Papa Bear,

thank you for writing. There are only a handful of retailers who have ordered XM studios items from us in Malaysia. We have pre allocated Magnetos to all retailers based on the order history of XM items. I am sure the particular retailer has chosen the easy way out by putting the blame on us. If he has ordered 3 old statues from us in the past, he would have gotten 1 Magneto. If he has ordered 3 statues and placed and order for 10 Magneto statues, there is no way we can supply these 10 without antagonising other retailers whom have been allocated as well. We have heard so many rumors circulating and I was even advised by XM studios to stop these retailers for putting up such false accusations. You can send me an email at [email protected] and cc the retailer you are dealing with. We will ask the retailer via email and ask him if what he has told you is true. I have nothing to hide and I do not wish others to speak falsely about us, affecting our reputation. You should always hear from both sides to get to the bottom of the story.

The retailer probably placed an order on Friday night. We do not work on weekends and is back to work only on Monday. We no longer have Magneto statues available for sale on our website by early afternoon around 1/2pm?

I strongly suggest you write an email to us and cc the retailer in question to clarify this situation.

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

All this blaming XM for a reseller's tactics is ridiculous. People need to take business economics 101.

It is an initial reaction that is understandable, but unfair. Many here are not use to these types of reseller actions, and they expect XM to do something about it. They are use to SSC and how they keep a tight reign on their resellers and sometimes screw them... Lol. They are not use to XM and their trusting ways. You are totally right though, it isn't fair to blame XM, and in some ways it is not fair to blame Simplytoys. What have people been saying the last few days "you gotta pay to play". They made a business decision to sell the 5 Mags they had set aside, and decided to really make it worth their wild. Will it be. In the end I think they just screwed their rep totally, but that is their mistake to make

The only thing I will say is I don't like the apparent CANCELING of overseas orders in favour of this new subscription policy. It screw guys over who have thought they had one locked down since last week. They need to fix this or I would suggest to XM that they find a better and more trustworthy retailer. People will never trust POes they have with SimplyToys again if the company can just change the rules whenever they want to.

It is an initial reaction that is understandable, but unfair. Many here are not use to these types of reseller actions, and they expect XM to do something about it. They are use to SSC and how they keep a tight reign on their resellers and sometimes screw them... Lol. They are not use to XM and their trusting ways. You are totally right though, it isn't fair to blame XM, and in some ways it is not fair to blame Simplytoys. What have people been saying the last few days "you gotta pay to play". They made a business decision to sell the 5 Mags they had set aside, and decided to really make it worth their wild. Will it be. In the end I think they just screwed their rep totally, but that is their mistake to make

The only thing I will say is I don't like the apparent CANCELING of overseas orders in favour of this new subscription policy. It screw guys over who have thought they had one locked down since last week. They need to fix this or I would suggest to XM that they find a better and more trustworthy retailer. People will never trust POes they have with SimplyToys again if the company can just change the rules whenever they want to.

Hi Spidey,

as mentioned, we did not cancel any order in favour of our subscription policy. The 5 pieces as mentioned were kept initially for display purposes and for the bosses' private collection. We have also explained to XM how we allocated our items and have been hounding Ben every day to ask if we are able to get more to cater to our wholesale customers and end consumers. As for wholesale customers who have ordered 100pcs when we do not even get allocated this number of statues, how can be fulfill this at all? We seek your understanding that it is is clearly impossible to fulfill such an order.

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

In my opinion, the "right thing to do" would have been to fulfill the 5 first people on the waitlist with no strings attached.

The attempt to essentially hold Magneto hostage leaves a sour taste in my mouth, regardless of how they are trying to rationalize it.

I know they lost my business and it looks like the business of many other highend collectors. Thanks goodness there are other ways to get future XM statues.

In my opinion, the "right thing to do" would have been to fulfill the 5 first people on the waitlist with no strings attached.

The attempt to essentially hold Magneto hostage leaves a sour taste in my mouth, regardless of how they are trying to rationalize it.

I know they lost my business and it looks like the business of many other highend collectors. Thanks goodness there are other ways to get future XM statues.

Hi Ambasah,

thank you for the post and sorry you felt upset about how we handled this. Although we have released the 5 statues to fulfill customers who would like to order the full collection of XM statues, we are allocating the 5 coins that were with statues to those who have ordered from us and customers who have first placed their orders with us will get the coins and will receive an email from Rory tomorrow during office hours (it is 11.30pm Thursday in Singapore now).

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

Hello Ann,

Quick question regarding the subscription service.

Why do you have to order 4 consecutive XM releases without skipping one? Why not give the customer the opportunity to pick 4 XM statues he really wants instead of 4 consecutive XM releases? You guys have the $200 anyway.

Back