XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For one XM already made a promise not to exceed 1000 statues.... And the low edition size is what makes these statues a true collectable and not something you would find at Toys R Us like other Mass producing companies which I won't mention.

Yeah, well I see it like this:

Currently we have about 1700 people on this forum, let's for the sake of the argument say they are 1/4 scale Marvel statue collectors. I mean thats just people on this very second, now let's consider those that don't go on forum, and those outside of the country (I base this on the U.S)

Well a higher ES isn't bad, especially as high as a few of what SS is doing. I mean even some that were overdone in ES are difficult to find (my example being ANH Luke Skywalker MR lightsaber).

I mean I'm sure there is a number that will distinguish what is considered a collectible and what is mass produced, but I mean that's just a different game though.

My overall thinking is, a max of 1500 is satisfactory especially with highballers like Phoenix and Magneto in which people were craving for, but again that's just something else .

(Hope this didn't come off as a bombardment to your post, just throwing my 2 cents)

Currently we have about 1700 people on this forum, let's for the sake of the argument say they are 1/4 scale Marvel statue collectors. I mean thats just people on this very second, now let's consider those that don't go on forum, and those outside of the country (I base this on the U.S)

Well a higher ES isn't bad, especially as high as a few of what SS is doing. I mean even some that were overdone in ES are difficult to find (my example being ANH Luke Skywalker MR lightsaber).

I mean I'm sure there is a number that will distinguish what is considered a collectible and what is mass produced, but I mean that's just a different game though.

My overall thinking is, a max of 1500 is satisfactory especially with highballers like Phoenix and Magneto in which people were craving for, but again that's just something else .

(Hope this didn't come off as a bombardment to your post, just throwing my 2 cents)

1500 is fine unless your 1501, then that person will say "I think the ES should be 2500".... so where does it stop?

Besides XM came into this game saying "Hey this is who we are, this is what we will do and this is our promise to collectors", I don't think they should change this all because of 1 statue that sold out quickly..... And I said the same thing awhile back when I thought I missed out on getting Mag's, I was bummed but that was the nature of the hobby... But with some quick thinking I was able to secure one....

Last edited:
1500 is fine unless your 1501, then that person will say "I think the ES should be 2500".... so where does it stop?

Yeah I feel yah, that number is somewhere and nobody has hit the lucky sweet spot :lol

I mean it will only go more and more, but I see that mainly as if a company gains a ton of momentum and just is going at it. Unless they manage to set certain ES to certain continents or countries. I mean it really all equals out to having a **** ton of the same statues, but let's say XM is good to sell in the U.S., I'd say an E.S of 800 is good (I'm going with Mags here), and let's say areas in which not many buy or is limited to resellers would be like an ES of 300.

This is just a huge when and if scenarios, I just hope that XM keeps getting licenses and they keep going strong because these are some killer statues.

I agree. I know that a lot of collectors harken back to the "good old days" when SS statues were truly limited, as I also collected back then. But this stance may not be a realistic one today. I mean lets face it, this hobby has grown quite a bit since SS glory days, & an edition size of a mere 1000 units may simply not be sufficient in today's market; especially with the super quality of products XM is creating. Of course I wouldn't like XM to increase the numbers to crazy edition sizes as SS has done on many releases, but 1500 units would not be excessive imo.

And no, I don't think increasing edition sizes to 1500 would compromise the quality of XM's masterful works. And even at 1500, it may not be enough for the demand, but a line must be drawn somewhere. Just hoping XM can establish that line to realistically/fairly cater to the demand the market can bare, & of course not compromise the quality of these outstanding works.

I agree. I know that a lot of collectors harken back to the "good old days" when SS statues were truly limited, as I also collected back then. But this stance may not be a realistic one today. I mean lets face it, this hobby has grown quite a bit since SS glory days, & an edition size of a mere 1000 units may simply not be sufficient in today's market; especially with the super quality of products XM is creating. Of course I wouldn't like XM to increase the numbers to crazy edition sizes as SS has done on many releases, but 1500 units would not be excessive imo.

And no, I don't think increasing edition sizes to 1500 would compromise the quality of XM's masterful works. And even at 1500, it may not be enough for the demand, but a line must be drawn somewhere. Just hoping XM can establish that line to realistically/fairly cater to the demand the market can bare, & of course not compromise the quality of these outstanding works.

Totally. In fairness though ES has to be based on multiple reasons. Another thing that hit me is that last I checked, XM had 3500 people on FB. These guys are going big, and assuming people are capable and willing to spend the money a bit of increase will be nice over time. For now it's what it is.

Just throwing in as well, I just started collecting this summer pretty much, and I'm glad things like Bats and Supes have such a high ES, because it gives people (like me) that missed out and can get one. People collecting quarters and damn they make a **** ton of those, yet they can call them collectibles. Anything is a collectible, no matter ES, but I see both sides where one is too much, and others too little.

To avoid any more talk of ES, I'm just glad XM keeps their word and is ****ing killing these statues where they stand, just need to see Ms. Marvel and I'm rolling :rock:rock:rock:rock

Besides XM came into this game saying "Hey this is who we are, this is what we will do and this is our promise to collectors", I don't think they should change this all because of 1 statue that sold out quickly..... And I said the same thing awhile back when I thought I missed out on getting Mag's, I was bummed but that was the nature of the hobby... But with some quick thinking I was able to secure one....

Agreed, keep the ES at 999 not cause I want a statue with a low ES but cause I like when a company sticks to their word. Especially with Magneto, if there was ever a statue that was worthy of an ES increase by XM, that is the one and they didn't do it. Their mission statement said no ES over 999 and I am glad they are doing just that.

EPIC!!! :bow :bow :bow

IMG_20140808_193924_zpsu2bdrror.jpg

A cool Xavier to match Magneto would be ****ing epic. But it'd be hard to top off the ****ing King of Magnetism sit on a throne of a Sentinel (who probably got ****ed up), with the helmet of Cerebro.

But would be a neat idea :)

Don't burn me at the stake here, but maybe XM should seriously consider increasing the edition size, say 1500 units? It would still give this statue a true limited edition size of only 1500, not too bad. Maybe the increase can be applied to the really popular characters? Imagine the chaos when Spidey, Batman, Superman, are finally released by this amazing, creative company. Just a thought, or wishful thinking, take your pick.

Well, I think even XM didn't properly gauge the demand for Mags. No matter how you look at it (based on their current business strategy of no more than 999 units released of any one piece), XM left 199 units (and all the profit tied to them) on the table. Obviously, they should have used the max 999 units on Mags. Like you, I believe they could have easily sold 1500 units. However, if they would have released another 199 units, they would have easily sold all of them and another 199 customers would have been very happy. Maybe XM should keep a TBD option on their future releases. This way they can fill demand for their products. We will always have the security blanket of knowing XM won't release more than 999 units regardless of whether we know the ES upfront or not. They can take a month, then set the ES. I still think Mags would have sold out quickly at 999 units but it would obviously give another 199 peeps a little more opportunity to secure one.

Well, I think even XM didn't properly gauge the demand for Mags. No matter how you look at it (based on their current business strategy of no more than 999 units released of any one piece), XM left 199 units (and all the profit tied to them) on the table. Obviously, they should have used the max 999 units on Mags. Like you, I believe they could have easily sold 1500 units. However, if they would have released another 199 units, they would have easily sold all of them and another 199 customers would have been very happy. Maybe XM should keep a TBD option on their future releases. This way they can fill demand for their products. We will always have the security blanket of knowing XM won't release more than 999 units regardless of whether we know the ES upfront or not. They can take a month, then set the ES. I still think Mags would have sold out quickly at 999 units but it would obviously give another 199 peeps a little more opportunity to secure one.

Hindsight is 20/20 . Also I hate the TBD method

Hindsight is 20/20 . Also I hate the TBD method

Well, nothing can be done about Mags. That ship has sailed. However, Wolverine is a very popular character. The TBD would work on him easily. To be clear, I'm in NO WAY a fan of TBD as SSC uses it. However, XM has already guaranteed that no release will exceed 999 units. I'd have NO problem with a TBD under those specific circumstances.

Amen to that brother! But yeah, I think XM, with great intentions, may have painted themselves into a corner for future releases. With this type of quality & small edition runs, the **** is going to hit the fan on a regular basis going forward.

Amen to that brother! But yeah, I think XM, with great intentions, may have painted themselves into a corner for future releases. With this type of quality & small edition runs, the **** is going to hit the fan on a regular basis going forward.

No doubt. With a 1/4 fully sculpted Phoenix, Thanos, and Wolvie still on the horizon, any of those pieces can have the EXACT same demand as Mags. Especially Phoenix and Thanos. Someone wanting a 1/4 Wolvie will have a ton of options. It's not like we've seen XM or SSC release their final Wolvie statue. There are already a few options on the market. A 1/4 Thanos or Phoenix is a whole other animal. No previous releases in 1/4 scale and a pent up demand for these characters could easily cause the same kind of shyte storm Mags created. If anyone is interested in those XM pieces, they better get their PO's in ASAP or risk the same issues that arose with Mags. Especially since we already have seen the incredible WIP shots of those statues and already know they look phenomenal.

Last edited:
Back