XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is that people that preordered or just people that missed out?

That's so much money

The people who pre-ordered Mags from them before they "" sold out "" are still good but the people who went on the waiting list for Mags have gotten this email. Obviously they were never sold out on Mag's and were holding back the statues to try and screw over people desperate to get this statue.

A more reasonable bundle request would be to require people to buy 1 additional XM statue, but requiring 5 additional statues + subscription is pretty shady IMO.

Keep in mind this is from Simple Toys NOT XM...

That's a terrible move by Simply Toys. They can do what they want but it's bad PR IMO. To me it's devaluing the other XM statues. I think they'll sell fine on their own. I know moves like this will end up reflecting on XM which is unfortunate.

Here is the last information that I got from Simply Toys in regards to this bundle:

Mike,

The $2,147 includes -*

full payment for Cap America coz it’s in-stock and needs to ship out now,
full payment for Hulk coz stocks are arriving tomorrow and we’ll start shipping them out next week,
deposit for Iron Man Mk 42,
deposit for Black Widow,
deposit for Magneto,
deposit for subscription to XM future lineup
deposit for Hawkeye,
s/h to USA for Cap America (approx. US$159)

We’re out of coins for Cap America & Hulk. Iron Man doesn’t come with a coin coz it’s a movie version. Black Widow, Magneto, Hawkeye and the upcoming comic version statues will come with the coin.

Shipping to USA for the standing poses like Cap America, Iron Man, Black Widow etc. will be about the same approx. US$159 via Fedex International Economy. Magneto is approx. US$187.*
The last quote we got from DHL for Hulk was approx. US$286 but we’ll confirm that again next week when stocks are in our warehouse. Fedex was asking way too much for Hulk.

With regards to the subscription to upcoming XM preorders, you can also choose to pre-pay the deposits for them now and not have to worry about them when preorder opens, your orders will be locked in. Or you can send us each deposit separately, the deadline is a week before each respective preorder opens.

Here is the last information that I got from Simply Toys in regards to this bundle:

Mike,

The $2,147 includes -*

full payment for Cap America coz it’s in-stock and needs to ship out now,
full payment for Hulk coz stocks are arriving tomorrow and we’ll start shipping them out next week,
deposit for Iron Man Mk 42,
deposit for Black Widow,
deposit for Magneto,
deposit for subscription to XM future lineup
deposit for Hawkeye,
s/h to USA for Cap America (approx. US$159)

We’re out of coins for Cap America & Hulk. Iron Man doesn’t come with a coin coz it’s a movie version. Black Widow, Magneto, Hawkeye and the upcoming comic version statues will come with the coin.

Shipping to USA for the standing poses like Cap America, Iron Man, Black Widow etc. will be about the same approx. US$159 via Fedex International Economy. Magneto is approx. US$187.*
The last quote we got from DHL for Hulk was approx. US$286 but we’ll confirm that again next week when stocks are in our warehouse. Fedex was asking way too much for Hulk.

With regards to the subscription to upcoming XM preorders, you can also choose to pre-pay the deposits for them now and not have to worry about them when preorder opens, your orders will be locked in. Or you can send us each deposit separately, the deadline is a week before each respective preorder opens.

that's crazy...gee what the hell why not clear out the whole warehouse of other companies statues..and send me a 250k invoice:cuckoo:

Wow. That's nuts. I preordered with them and just got an email but it was just to tell my order doesn't come with a coin because it's my first order with them. I was terrified there for a moment.

You don't get a coin because it's your 1st order with them? Lame.

/

Somebody might find this method beneficial for them. Like those who want them all, & don't want to bother stalking websites for pre order openings. I think it's the fact that they are able to get more Mags statues, & are basically holding him hostage until you pay the ransom, is turning peeps off, in terms of business practices.

Without the Mags situation mixed in with this, this option might not have seemed so shady on it's own.
Simply Toys said:
Never miss out on another XM statue again!

Commit to preordering a minimum of four consecutive XM statues (no skipping!) and you'll be guaranteed to secure confirmed orders for each one. Sit back & relax knowing that you won't have to stake out websites on preorder days, or be left scrambling to find somewhere that isn't sold out yet. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

So how does it work?

Simply place a S$400 deposit to start your subscription. S$200 will count as the deposit for the first statue. The other S$200 is a subscription deposit that will be held for the duration of your subscription and used to offset the balance payment for the last statue ordered.

After that, just keep sending us your deposits for upcoming XM preorders, at least one week before their respective preorder opens to keep the subscription going.

eg. preorder for Wolverine opens on 19 Sept, deposit should be paid by 12 Sept; Ant-man preorder opens on 3 Oct, deposit should be paid by 26 Sept etc. You can also pre-pay for more than one in advance if you wish.

One subscription guarantees you one of each statue only. But you can have more than one subscription if you wish to order more than one of each statue.

When does the subscription end?

You may stop the subscription at anytime. However, stopping before your fourth statue will forfeit the S$200 subscription deposit. No refunds will be given for early termination. No exceptions. Please be certain you can commit to the minimum. Once you've fulfilled the four statue minimum subscription criteria, when you stop subscription the S$200 deposit will be credited back to you on the balance payment for your final XM statue.

What about the limited edition Collector's Coin?

Subscribers will have priority for the coin over non-subscribers. Do note that XM currently only issues coins with the comic-version statues. Movie-versions like Iron Man Mark 42 and Mark 7 are not released with coins. In the unlikely event we have to allocate coins, priority will be given to those who placed their deposits earlier.

Only interested in certain pieces?

For those only interested in certain upcoming statues and don't want to subscribe, you can indicate your interest in individual statues using the form at this link.

This doesn't guarantee you a statue however. But based on the level of interest we will try to have enough for everyone. You will still need to place your order as usual when the preorder opens.

You don't get a coin because it's your 1st order with them? Lame.

/

Yah :(

"Hi there,

Your statue does not include the coin. Priority for the coin was given to customers who had previous purchases of XM statues and we had none left over for customers who were ordering for the first time. However, now that you’ve ordered an XM statue with us you’ll have a higher chance for the coin next time.

Best Regards

RORY SLINGO
Simply Toys Web Sales Team"

Never bought anything from Simply Toys but that is a ****ing joke lmfao no way. I hope no one takes that. You guys should post that email on FB and twitter and just destroy them

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

If at least they gave you the opportunity to choose the type of bundle you want. For example Mag and Caps or Hulk and Mag. But this insane guys!

I think it's the fact that they are able to get more Mags statues, & are basically holding him hostage until you pay the ransom, is turning peeps off, in terms of business practices.

This is very well said.

That being said, it's their business and they can run it how they wish but this type of tactic does tend to leave a sour taste in the mouths of customers.

I swear it looks like they are trying to make people not buy it so that they don't have to follow through on their commitment to pre-ordered customers. Creating an artificial waitlist. How do you get more statues for a waitlist when XM is sold out. Where are the new ones coming from. These guys just want to hit the open market where they are hearing 2-3K sale predictions. Scumbags, and I hope it comes back on them bigtime.

It is worse here in Malaysia. Simplytoy cancelled all the confirmed preorder from retailer and applied the same condition if you want one. Most local retailer are at their mercy because Simplytoy monopolise the statue market here including Sideshow stocks.

I guess not many of us is taking this offer so now they offer to you guys.

Back