XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. But as seen with XM Cap, many people buy more than one with intent to sell one for MOOOOLAH! Haha

Not saying anything is wrong with that, but it does sucks for whoever buys it in the aftermarket.

Nah. Not everyone man. Alot of people buy two of the same statue to give one a custom paint up. There's a huge world of customizations out there buddy. You just don't see it in this forum much. There's a member named greatwall I think. He has some of the sickest custom sculpt and paint mods you've ever seen. He turned a Hulk comiquette into a Hulk Maestro. I've seen some wicked stuff on the net. Of course there are defintely flippers out there doing exactly what your saying but there's other reasons too

Nah. Not everyone man. Alot of people buy two of the same statue to give one a custom paint up. There's a huge world of customizations out there buddy. You just don't see it in this forum much. There's a member named greatwall I think. He has some of the sickest custom sculpt and paint mods you've ever seen. He turned a Hulk comiquette into a Hulk Maestro. I've seen some wicked stuff on the net. Of course there are defintely flippers out there doing exactly what your saying but there's other reasons too

That's for sure. I can't wait to see custom heads for XM cap. Or even hands for that matter. Damn so many options.

Thanos holding skull.

Winter soldier catching shield.

Magneto floating wolvie bones.

Thor bringing thunder.

Hulk throwing something. And hulk head sculpts.

So many.... Haha

Yeah custom additions are pretty sweet. Spazzy does some killer work. Several other peeps as well on FB. All sweet ideas you mentioned Savage. I'm actually looking to commission my own Cap portraits and a hulk portrait as well for my XM stuff. I want an ultimate cap and unmasked cap portrait to along with the classic. For Hulk I want to do a Keown portrait. I've got a great sculptor in mind for the task but he's booked solid right now. I'll get em done eventually though.

Wolf

I haven't seen greatwalls collection thread in awhile but I remember going in there for the first time and it was jaw drop type of stuff. Some really talented freelancers out there

greatwall had one of the best collections. I think he cut back a lot though and sold a bunch of stuff. He is a member here and on the other forum.

Yeah custom additions are pretty sweet. Spazzy does some killer work. Several other peeps as well on FB. All sweet ideas you mentioned Savage. I'm actually looking to commission my own Cap portraits and a hulk portrait as well for my XM stuff. I want an ultimate cap and unmasked cap portrait to along with the classic. For Hulk I want to do a Keown portrait. I've got a great sculptor in mind for the task but he's booked solid right now. I'll get em done eventually though.

Wolf

I haven't seen greatwalls collection thread in awhile but I remember going in there for the first time and it was jaw drop type of stuff. Some really talented freelancers out there

Keep us posted with those commissions, they sound damn great!

This is going to sound off topic, but when the hell are we going to get a 1/4 scale Cable. From SSC or XM?

Gotcha. I got mine from Simply Toys too but didn't get the coin even though I got my order in almost right away when the preorder went live (far as I can tell). They said priority was given to guys like you over ordering time, just wanted to make sure they actually stuck to that policy. :)

Dang...Retailer Police

Why off limits? Licensing issues? And does the same go for SSC?

I really like that custom floating around, but it's too much $$$$

Cable is an XMen character and Disney/Marvel is in a pissing match with Fox over rights over all the XMen. XM was lucky to get Wolverine and Magneto approved when they did, but as of right now all other XMen characters, including their AMAZING PHOENIX, are on hold.

Cable is an XMen character and Disney/Marvel is in a pissing match with Fox over rights over all the XMen. XM was lucky to get Wolverine and Magneto approved when they did, but as of right now all other XMen characters, including their AMAZING PHOENIX, are on hold.

Is that with just XM though? Because sideshow is putting out Jean Grey, apocalypse, emma... Doesn't seem like they have limits?

Is that with just XM though? Because sideshow is putting out Jean Grey, apocalypse, emma... Doesn't seem like they have limits?

Those were ALL approved long ago. You have to remember that because of their size SSC moves way slower than XM on individual lines. Their is a longer process with a very LNG term goal in mind. In theory XM could produce Marvel statues for 2 years and that would be that. Their license was only for 2 years so they HAVE TOO move at this INSANE pace. They get approval and then they are off to the races with production. They have one factory that is doing all of their statues. So they have to keep it moving, and the product moving. Now as long as nothing drastic happens they will get another license, but you can never be guaranteed. How long did Bowen work with Marvel, and now he is struggling to get a license with them.

Back