XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap that's right. I technically have Mk42 on PO at bbts. Undecided on keeping it.

Also I am picking up a Reign of Fire Dragon bust so that's a movie piece.

I saw the maquette at my LCS and I didn't like it all. Like others, his shade of green was to light and soft looking for my taste. Also, I would like more musculature on the Hulk I end up with. He is a Beast but certainly not the definitive version imo.

It seems that everyone is looking for that no shirt, detailed green hulk. For me the Maquette is that and more. If the avengers wasn't made then this would be a perfect comic hulk. I guess the one thing it could have a little better is musculature and veins or rage. But I still haven't seen anything better than the Maquette... yet.

Hmmmmm..... So hard to pick one Hulk..... As of now the Avengers Hulk is my all time fav... It has everything I want in a Hulk... Great Body and face sculpt and he is massive. Also a great representation of the film... but also can pass as the comic.

I just hate the face on the maquette... The expression looks like someone shoved a large thumb up Hulk's butt.

There isn't a cloud in the sky today.

Avengers hulk is one eyebrow fix and a slightly darker paint away from being perfect IMO :)

Agreed, it's the worst of them all imo, the light green shade of paint used looks awful when lined up next to other Hulk statues of similar scale.

I know this is a minority opinion but the original Hulk PF is my least fav.. Well I like it better then the XM but having said that I would gladly take the original back in my collection (I had to sell) and I would buy the XM if it cost about 250.00 less.

Having seen it in person all I can say is it kicks ass in all kinds of ways.

:lecture

Are we leaving it at Spidey is wrong? Because I'm OK leaving it there.

Spidey is wrong all the time... Now is not one of them ;)

Yep I have often considered getting it. I could actually be happy with it as my Hulk. May have to pull the trigger eventually.

Still love mine...

Last edited:
Awesome pic. I do love it, I just really dislike that the face is so different from the movie face...

the avenger movie hulk have more bulk n definition than the maq. if SSC do a well done hulkbuster and hopefully a hulk as well, Mr. Green might get both

the avenger movie hulk have more bulk n definition than the maq. if SSC do a well done hulkbuster and hopefully a hulk as well, Mr. Green might get both

Yeah. I thought the avengers hulk was perfect. Norton's hulk was stupidly cut. Realism is what makes this marvel universe so sick, and if you look at big hitters or the everyday heavy lifters, they aren't cut, they're solid bulk.

Avengers Movie Hulk looked more Bulky at rest... Filmakers did this so you could see the muscles ripple when in use.. Something that the Norton Hulk lacked.. MAquette is IMO a pretty great representation of a semi flexed state Hulk.

Avengers Movie Hulk looked more Bulky at rest... Filmakers did this so you could see the muscles ripple when in use.. Something that the Norton Hulk lacked.. MAquette is IMO a pretty great representation of a semi flexed state Hulk.

norton hulk is outdated now. tis why Mr. Green prefer to stay away from movie statue. but avenger hulk is here to stay, at least for awhile. to the green one, hulk should always look some what hunched back, even when standing straight, cuase of his bulk. an idle hulk might have less definition/cut but the bulk is still there; as is the muscle. something about this hulk maq looks too much of an idle hulk and with less bulk. no one wants a hulk in mid or between transformation. hulk should have the look of excess muscles. he is so bulging with muscle that he look short legged from a distance and one would wonder how he even move around.

in the end, there r various version of hulk, opinion, etc.

The only time I really dislike the hulk is when he is depicted with chiseled Adonis abs. You carry that kind of mass, there has to be fat on your body. That simple.

The only time I really dislike the hulk is when he is depicted with chiseled Adonis abs. You carry that kind of mass, there has to be fat on your body. That simple.

He is the Hulk and defies logic! For him to have some fat he would need a caloric surplus. I can see the Hulk not able to eat enough to achieve that.

norton hulk is outdated now. tis why Mr. Green prefer to stay away from movie statue. but avenger hulk is here to stay, at least for awhile. to the green one, hulk should always look some what hunched back, even when standing straight, cuase of his bulk. an idle hulk might have less definition/cut but the bulk is still there; as is the muscle. something about this hulk maq looks too much of an idle hulk and with less bulk. no one wants a hulk in mid or between transformation. hulk should have the look of excess muscles. he is so bulging with muscle that he look short legged from a distance and one would wonder how he even move around.

in the end, there r various version of hulk, opinion, etc.

Norton's Hulk is dated... I agree... But that is because it took a few too man steps away from it's comic origins.. Avengers Hulk... At least the SSC statue to me looks as much like a comic Hulk as a movie hulk.

But yeah there are many versions of Hulk... Personally I love this Hulk... He is not in full rage mode.. I agree. I have the Comiquette for that :) But I think this hulk perfectly captures the Bulk of the Hulk at rest... I don't see what you see. I think he looks plenty solid and huge. Even more then the film version when he was at rest.

TnL8vXQ.jpg

But in the end it does not matter... There are plenty of Hulks to go around to satisfy our tastes.... :)

Back