XM Studios Hoth Luke Skywalker (Pilot)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is looking really good to me. I’m excited to receive mine but what is up with the visor not being centered to Luke’s nose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely love it. What do you guys think this will be on eBay once it comes out? I really want one and it seems like eBay will be my only choice to get it now.

Absolutely love it. What do you guys think this will be on eBay once it comes out? I really want one and it seems like eBay will be my only choice to get it now.

I think Specfiction still has it in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally i don´t comment and let the collector speak in his review, but damn BOOOOOM!!!! Look at it!!!! :thud:

Pictures from Gary Tonge

"XM Studios Luke: Rebel Pilot. An incredible interpretation of one of Sci Fi's most iconic characters in one of its most iconic scenes. Luke Skywalker is sculpted in exquisite detail with the same exceptional quality we've come to expect from XM. I think this is the best interpretation of Luke Skywalker in statue form.", Gary Tonge.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

2hrkvx.jpg

3gik8f.jpg

4dlkz0.jpg

4a5jjk5.jpg

4bamkk1.jpg

5e8jo5.jpg

626kmr.jpg

7u2ja1.jpg

8pojyd.jpg

9n4kue.jpg

This looks really nice. Interesting how much the visor distorts how the face looks in some of the pictures. The likeness is really quite good. Weathering on the helmet should be much more, but that’s a minor quibble when the rest looks very nice.

Still potentially a little tricky to display, since Luke is looking upward with his head and eyes, but that’s really only an issue if someone planned to put this on a high shelf or above eye level.

Normally i don´t comment and let the collector speak in his review, but damn BOOOOOM!!!! Look at it!!!! :thud:

Pictures from Gary Tonge

"XM Studios Luke: Rebel Pilot. An incredible interpretation of one of Sci Fi's most iconic characters in one of its most iconic scenes. Luke Skywalker is sculpted in exquisite detail with the same exceptional quality we've come to expect from XM. I think this is the best interpretation of Luke Skywalker in statue form.", Gary Tonge.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

2hrkvx.jpg

3gik8f.jpg

4dlkz0.jpg

4a5jjk5.jpg

4bamkk1.jpg

5e8jo5.jpg

626kmr.jpg

7u2ja1.jpg

8pojyd.jpg

9n4kue.jpg

Looks amazing. Mine is caught up in a snow storm. It was supposed to arrive yesterday. After seeing these, now I can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple nits, but if this was obtainable for the price of a regular 1/4 statue I would buy it. Couldn't do what it costs to get it to the US though.

Since this was an XM Exclusive you had to wait in line for several hours at the convention center to order it plus it was limited to a ES of 500...

My connection had to buy several so he had to pay other people to stand in line since each person can only buy one or two, so that upped the price... at the end I paid $1300 shipped... The paint application looks exquisite so I'm ok with the price...

Speaking of Luke statues though, is the one with him balancing on one hand with Yoda in ESB still in production? I've only seen the sculpt at STGCC 2 years ago (I think) and heard and seen nothing since then, but that's probably gonna be the definitive Luke statue for me if I ever got one.

This is without a doubt the best Luke statue ever. Sideshow can keep their weird poses, high ES and Mick Jagger looking sculpts. lol

ROTJ Luke is a solid sculpt and tailoring. The pose was a little weird but i'd take it over this especially price wise.

You're talking about the old one right? I had to Google I wasn't into collecting at that point. I'll give you the facial sculpt isn't bad but I feel that doesn't hold a candle to this. The pose is awkward and the tailoring doesn't really look that good in the promo pics. Personal preference I get it and no doubt if you grab this XM piece you're paying a premium but for me in this case it's worth it. My first XM piece and been going back and forth on it for a while but finally decided some other stuff can go and some other stuff i don't need (Heck I don't NEED this..lol)

ROTJ Luke is a solid sculpt and tailoring. The pose was a little weird but i'd take it over this especially price wise.

The XM with the Iconic pose of looking up at the AT-AT and being fully sculpted is a huge plus IMO... SS Likeness was ok but that tip toeing pose was really weird.... plus they want around $900 for a used one.... so given what they're going for now, the XM Luke is defiantly the better buy IMO....

You're talking about the old one right? I had to Google I wasn't into collecting at that point. I'll give you the facial sculpt isn't bad but I feel that doesn't hold a candle to this. The pose is awkward and the tailoring doesn't really look that good in the promo pics. Personal preference I get it and no doubt if you grab this XM piece you're paying a premium but for me in this case it's worth it. My first XM piece and been going back and forth on it for a while but finally decided some other stuff can go and some other stuff i don't need (Heck I don't NEED this..lol)

I'm referring to any of the Sideshow Lukes, including the latest. I think Sideshow does a great job with their masked characters, but the combination of the mixed media and strange poses makes them look odd.

Generally I'm okay with mixed media when used sparingly, but for me, it just don't work on their "human" characters.

Back