XM Studios - Darkseid War 1/6 scale Diorama Premiun Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree especially if they are going with the classic look. It sounds like a lot of collectors prefer the original 7. I have a strong feeling he will be added in.

To bad they don't really care what our opinion is. This will sell out, even with out MM. :)

To bad they don't really care what our opinion is. This will sell out, even with out MM. :)

That's not entirely true. I don't think there's a statue producing company out there that cares more about what their customers think. XM has already proven they are willing to tweak and change their products based off what their customers think. With XM, nothing is off the table while they are still working on a piece.

I agree especially if they are going with the classic look. It sounds like a lot of collectors prefer the original 7. I have a strong feeling he will be added in.

Has anyone ever done a diorama with an exclusive that includes an extra character lol, this should be the first if they aren't doing swap outs like the originally planned sentinel and different x-men characters.

Cyborg is not JLA :lol

At least not in "grumpy old men denial world", you are right.
Seriously, what the hell is up with hating everything new? I like MM better than Cyborg myself, but come on. Just hating on everything, probably without actually still reading comics is the dumbest thing ever.
The New 52 had a lot of **** shows, sure, but it also had some amazing runs that made characters better than they had been for years. This old men geek snydrome of hating everything but the classics is going on my nerves. It's childish, which makes it double as funny/annoying because it comes almost exclusively from old farts who don't even read comics anymore.

I understand wanting a MM statue but this diorama is based on New 52 and MM isn't a member of the JLA in New 52. I can't imagine XM changing out Cyborg for MM considering that there's probably something in the license stating they can only use the JLA characters from the New 52 storyline. I'm more irritated that these aren't classic versions because I don't like the New 52 Darkseid design.

Seriously, what the hell is up with hating everything new? I like MM better than Cyborg myself, but come on. Just hating on everything, probably without actually still reading comics is the dumbest thing ever.
The New 52 had a lot of **** shows, sure, but it also had some amazing runs that made characters better than they had been for years. This old men geek snydrome of hating everything but the classics is going on my nerves. It's childish, which makes it double as funny/annoying because it comes almost exclusively from old farts who don't even read comics anymore.

Could not agree more! :clap

I understand wanting a MM statue but this diorama is based on New 52 and MM isn't a member of the JLA in New 52. I can't imagine XM changing out Cyborg for MM considering that there's probably something in the license stating they can only use the JLA characters from the New 52 storyline. I'm more irritated that these aren't classic versions because I don't like the New 52 Darkseid design.

Here's a way to incorporate MM into a New 52 diorama, let's just swap Darkseid out for MM fighting the JL himself! They sure as hell made him sound super powerful when they started the New 52.

martian_manhunter_fought_justice_league_by_newsuperdannyzx-d950xb8.png

I have no problem with the New52 costumes. I especially love Flash's costume as well as Darkseid War Wonder Woman

Here's a way to incorporate MM into a New 52 diorama, let's just swap Darkseid out for MM fighting the JL himself! They sure as hell made him sound super powerful when they started the New 52.

martian_manhunter_fought_justice_league_by_newsuperdannyzx-d950xb8.png

I'd be all in for that one. That's a great scene, even if it didn't really have any payoff in the New 52 MM book.

I agree. I had the majority run of Titans with Perez and Wolfman, and Cyborg was great as a Titan. I don't see the big deal of graduating Cyborg from the Titans to the JLA as a new rookie member. It's great opportunity for story telling. Some people don't like change.

That's one thing going for this Dio ...it has all the main core members in it. Sure, it's debatable between MM and Cyborg, but it still has the core members. And it showcases Darkseid as the villain. It's a wicked Dio!

I really wish the Sentinel Dio had the main x-men members. Damn!

I agree. I had the majority run of Titans with Perez and Wolfman, and Cyborg was great as a Titan. I don't see the big deal of graduating Cyborg from the Titans to the JLA as a new rookie member. It's great opportunity for story telling. Some people don't like change.

Change is not the issue. Flushing decades of continuity is. Cyborg was a heart and soul character of the Titans. MM was the same for the JL. If DC honored the history of Vic in the Titans and he later joined an already existing JL (in which MM was a founding member), it would be him moving on to bigger and better things without obliterating his past. The JL always had revolving members to it. No one would blink if Vic joined up with them after moving on from the Titans. However, there's no need to rewrite history in order for Vic to be a founding member of the League.

Last edited:
That's one thing going for this Dio ...it has all the main core members in it. Sure, it's debatable between MM and Cyborg, but it still has the core members. And it showcases Darkseid as the villain. It's a wicked Dio!

I really wish the Sentinel Dio had the main x-men members. Damn!

IMO, this dio is kinda all over the map. Supes in a classic costume, Darkseid in a New 52 costume, Cyborg a member of the League, and MM not. There seems to be quite a few liberties taken with this piece. I'm kind of a stickler for continuity. As a long time comics reader I like to be able to look at any statue and reference a time in comics that a piece is supposed to represent. I honestly don't mind SUBTLE changes but if something is completely out of whack, I generally don't enjoy it and end up passing on a piece.

I say give it time ...XM is still working on the sculpt. They're even still working on the poses. XM can still fix the continuity and consistency of this Dio.

But at the very least, this Dio has the main league members.

I say give it time ...XM is still working on the sculpt. They're even still working on the poses. XM can still fix the continuity and consistency of this Dio.

But at the very least, this Dio has the main league members.

I'm cool either way. I have no horse in this race. I just hope collectors get what they want.

Back