XM Studios - Darkseid War 1/6 scale Diorama Premiun Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks amazing. :clap

I probably don't have the space or can afford it, but I'm anxious to get more details!

I'll be watching to see how this turns out. As long as it doesn't look cluttered and crazy expensive, I will definitely be picking it up. Also, I personally prefer Cyborg over Martian Manhunter. While MM is a favorite character I like where DC has been taking Cyborg. From what I understand he's become a character caught between his humanity and technology, which is cutting edge and not just an Iron Man clone. But would have no problem with a swap out. For that matter would be cool to see a couple of other character options like Supergirl, Green Arrow or Hawkman. I wonder if this also means more DC statues with traditional costume designs will be coming from XM.

Believe it or not, Cyborg has been struggling with his humanity since his introduction.....in the New Teen Titans. If you want to read a well written Cyborg, there's absolutely nothing better than the character's run under Wolfman/Perez in the Titans. His appearances in the New 52 JL doesn't even come close to the storytelling in those Titan issues. Marv & George wrote Vic with a ton of depth and conflict. That's why for many old school comic fans, Cyborg will always be a Titan. He was a heart and soul character of the Titans. He was removed from the Titans history just to add diversity to the New 52 JL .

Interesting so far!

At least this Dio includes all the major JL members (aside from Martian Manhunter, of course). Truly wish the X-Men Dio included the major x-members.

This is not taken from the NEW 52 storyline. I know the Darkseid is the 52 design in the concept...but this should be Classic costumes. Still some changes with this one...so don't get settled 100% on what you see in the concept.

It says "Darkseid War", which was a New 52 story title, the diorama is set up just like the battle scene in the New 52 Justice League, and Darkseid is the New 52 design. It's difficult to tell from the art for most of the characters but it also looks like Wonder Woman is in her New 52 outfit. If this isn't based on any of that then they should specify that's it's old school and put Darkseid in his old school costume. XM would get a lot more interest because New 52 versions aren't what most people would pick if they had their choice.

Interesting so far!

At least this Dio includes all the major JL members (aside from Martian Manhunter, of course). Truly wish the X-Men Dio included the major x-members.

Fair point, seems a lot of the issues with scrapping the core X-Men from the original dio had something to do with Disney controlling the whole matter and adding characters that I guess are more prominent in the movies?? But good point on the fact that you have the main JL cast.

But it would be awesome (similar to the original X-Men dio concept) if they had swap out options so you could almost customize the dio with the characters you like and the second tier characters etc.

Either way wish someone who could distribute in North America would do cool dio's like this (ie. SSC or Prime 1) but ofcourse all the cool pieces are coming from XM..

It says "Darkseid War", which was a New 52 story title, the diorama is set up just like the battle scene in the New 52 Justice League, and Darkseid is the New 52 design. It's difficult to tell from the art for most of the characters but it also looks like Wonder Woman is in her New 52 outfit. If this isn't based on any of that then they should specify that's it's old school and put Darkseid in his old school costume. XM would get a lot more interest because New 52 versions aren't what most people would pick if they had their choice.

I actually don't mind the New52 outfits (classic is also awesome), but if this helps to deter interest and potentially guarantees me grabbing one then so be it lol.

I actually don't mind the New52 outfits (classic is also awesome), but if this helps to deter interest and potentially guarantees me grabbing one then so be it lol.

I think the cost of this will make it easy to get one regardless of the costumes.

They have noted that it will be classic costumes..so changes will still happen even to Darkseid himself. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg gets swapped with MM.

I think its a cool idea if more characters could be added later.

I'll wait to see the renders which will probably take a year or so. I don't mind the New 52 costumes either, but i think it might end up being a mix of classic with a modern twist.

They have noted that it will be classic costumes..so changes will still happen even to Darkseid himself. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg gets swapped with MM.

If it's classic costumes then MM is a must. Cyborg would look out of place in a classic lineup.

Classic costumes will be sick! ....But that means Darkseid will need to be in his classic form and size. Hope they scale him appropriately.

I think it would be better if this was on a smaller scale. I don't mind this being in 1/8 or 1/9 scale. XM should realize that most collectors don't have the space to display such a massive piece.

The scale doesn't bother me so much because these are supposed to be mega-display pieces. I just hope it's consistent with whatever version of the characters/team they're doing. If it's not New 52 then Darkseid shouldn't be anywhere near that big and I'd rather see Martian Manhunter replace Cyborg.

How/where do you pre-order XM Studios statues? Boba Fett went up today but I didn't know how to put down a pre-order.

Back