XM Studios Daredevil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a lovely piece. It's been hard to control myself and just stick to the SS one for now.

I like the SSC com more. That's why despite I can get it at a reasonable price. I pass on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the SSC com more. That's why despite I can get it at a reasonable price. I pass on this

Same here. Not taking away anything from this piece though it's just plain awesome. Just kinda preferred the quiet pose of the SS one and the costume. The com though is 1/5 right? I'm thinking I'll just get the PF. Less splashy.

Same here. Not taking away anything from this piece though it's just plain awesome. Just kinda preferred the quiet pose of the SS one and the costume. The com though is 1/5 right? I'm thinking I'll just get the PF. Less splashy.

Yes it is 1:5. For SSC PF or XM, I prefer XM one. I just don't know what should I expect from the SSC PF, is he like throwing a dodge ball?

Yes it is 1:5. For SSC PF or XM, I prefer XM one. I just don't know what should I expect from the SSC PF, is he like throwing a dodge ball?

HaHa ...you crack me up! :lol

Right the pose on ssc is terrible, ready to run pose is very bad, the color on ssc is too dark too.
In the other hand the xm ones are perfect to me with huge lion head base.
Just ordered one for $1100 shipped

Isn't the XM color darker than the SS PF?

I was going to order the PF before the XM reveal. The PF always looked fine to me, pose and all. But the XM looks exciting.

After last week it's even harder and/or more expensive to get an XM statue to the U.S. so I'm still reconciling in my head I'm not getting the XM. I like DD but he's not Spidey or Batman to me so I'm not paying but so much for him.

The PF is still an option, I do like it and it's way easier to get for a cheaper price but I'd get it knowing something I like more is out there...so in other words, settling. But SS isn't the only option when there's a "none at all" option. Lol.

Right the pose on ssc is terrible, ready to run pose is very bad, the color on ssc is too dark too.
In the other hand the xm ones are perfect to me with huge lion head base.
Just ordered one for $1100 shipped

Good deal. I came close to that too. I'm locked in and will wait patiently for the next 6-7 months

Man, Sideshow DD is getting bashed in here. Both statues look great other than the cane seems to be a tad small.

Man, Sideshow DD is getting bashed in here. Both statues look great other than the cane seems to be a tad small.

Action poses are a tricky business. Sometimes they nail it other times not so much. My issue with SS DD is that it looks like he's tripping over lady justice. It just doesn't work IMO, now SS Movie Thor statue action pose looks good but SS Captain America one does not (although part of it is his portrait looks nothing like the actor, not even close). Bottom line it just comes down to each individuals taste.

I also prefer XM's more modern take on the outfit...

Action poses are a tricky business. Sometimes they nail it other times not so much. My issue with SS DD is that it looks like he's tripping over lady justice. It just doesn't work IMO, now SS Movie Thor statue action pose looks good but SS Captain America one does not (although part of it is his portrait looks nothing like the actor, not even close). Bottom line it just comes down to each individuals taste.

:lol:lol

Very true. Taste is a tricky thing. Since I am in HK and I consider collecting an one off expense. (It means once I get a statue it depreciates to $0) I just get what I like, free from thinking how the market rates it.

If reselling a statue is possible, I guess it is just human nature to buy what you like that also inflates in value in the long term.

Funny because I thought he was running over lady justice not into her :lol. I understand its what each person sees differently. As with many SS pieces I think in person it will change many peoples minds. Both are great representations IMO.

I actually could have gotten the XM DD for about $800. The details and all look great but when I look at it I feel like saying Ta-daa. Especially after seeing the unmasked portrait.

There are way too many issues I have with it to spend even that amount on it.

- Unnecessary buckles and back pad (some like it I know)
- Connection at the waist looks obvious and bad
- PVC Pipe bomb looking billy club
- billy club could never fit in leg holster
- everything about the unmasked head

Well, just confirmed and paid my deposit on this guy! It'll be my first XM piece, but I'm really excited to be getting this Daredevil in general to display with my Daredevil Art Print!

Now I just really hope our dollar recovers a bit before this ships at the end of the year! Damn exchange is killing me! :lol

There are way too many issues I have with it to spend even that amount on it.

- Unnecessary buckles and back pad (some like it I know) Yup, I like them.
- Connection at the waist looks obvious and bad Agreed. Hoping it looks better in production pieces
- PVC Pipe bomb looking billy club Agreed
- billy club could never fit in leg holster Agreed
- everything about the unmasked head Strangely I don't mind it

So all in all I'm still looking forward to this piece, since I love the concept and design :)

Love this piece ! Dynamic and modern and I want a classic red yellow too maybe sideshow will do it

Back