XM Studios Daredevil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I kinda dig the face sculpt on SS version better but there is no denying this will be a great one to own.

Yeah. Jealous of the future owners. This pose is incredible. The base looks beyond phenomenal too. Really captures the old New York feel.

There's too many nitpicks I have with this piece that are bothering me and with Chronicle bringing some new pieces to the game I decided I'm out on this statue.

It just doesn't blow me away like it should.

[emoji106]🏻 you just made another collectors day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all goes well this will be my first XM piece. It MAY also be my last! :lol

Time will tell, but final costs will determine how it may work in the future. Once the smoke clears on shipping and customs I'll be able to gauge it better. It'd also have to be a character that I REALLY want to see done well, that Sideshow can't offer as well. I like the Sideshow Daredevil, but the pose is what turned me off the most. If they'd done something along these lines, then I likely would've gone that route -- as beautiful as this piece is! All a matter of juggling the budget right now!

Cyclops would be a character I would've liked to have seen them do, but the X-Men were put on hold indefinitely. I'm sure something will blow me away, but I'll have to look at it all in perspective! I mean, I don't even know Black Bolt and I love that statue! :lol Kraven will probably be fantastic, but I know he's not vital to my collection. What they do with their Star Wars line could be where temptation really hits!

I think this piece will look fantastic with the Daredevil Art Print from Sideshow!

I had the SS one PO'd & let it go once I secured an XM. I'm happily willing to pay extra for the difference in quality. As the owner of a Magneto I can attest to that quality first hand. If you're happy with the SS one & were able to get one, awesome, I think it will be an underrated & over looked piece many will wish they would have jumped on. I was fortunate to get the one I liked more & can't wait to see it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no reason to knock either piece. They both have their stron suits IMO.

Yeah, I think the SS piece will look great if it comes out as well as the prototype! I love the texturing for it. If they'd done something other than a tilted run, then I probably wouldn't have hesitated! I'm just glad Daredevil is getting some love now -- even though it'll make his pieces harder to get! It's one of those catch 22 situations where less would be made without the popularity, so what's better in the end? I love the mix of modern and classic that XM is doing, but agree with Mike that those who get the Sideshow piece will be just as happy if it's pulled off properly!

Plus, there's no arguing which company is producing the more well endowed version of Matt Murdock! :lol

This is an awesome statue and I like both the masked and un-masked sculpts, why the hell would he be wearing glasses while perched atop a building?!
A fantastic effort and it would be good to swap the heads from time to time so it doesn't get too boring too quick. Great work guys

This is an awesome statue and I like both the masked and un-masked sculpts, why the hell would he be wearing glasses while perched atop a building?!
A fantastic effort and it would be good to swap the heads from time to time so it doesn't get too boring too quick. Great work guys

It's rare to ever see Murdock out fighting crime without a mask to begin with, let alone grinning like a madman while sliding down the side of a church, so acting like it'd be ridiculous for him to be wearing glasses at the same time is kind of a moot argument.

That all aside, the sunglasses are a key piece of Daredevil wardrobe when he's not dressed up. He wears them all the time, so it'd be more fitting to have him wearing them even if it's silly for him to not be wearing a mask before jumping into battle.

I'm at work so this is terrible and done in Paint, so forgive me in advance, but I think it'd look a lot more on par -- and just cooler all around -- if they included the glasses!

DDSunglasses.jpg

Has anyone got an estimate on the price of Daredevil yet? I may have finally found a supplier, but with a finders fee associated with the purchase I'm trying to gauge how much I'm looking at haha

I like the SSC one more for now; but if I can get it from the local dealer, might consider getting it.

Back