XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised they opted to scrap the pose entirely on this, I didn't think he needed a complete makeover. Just a few tweaks here and there to take him up a notch.

You know, I was thinking the samething. I thought he needed only a few tweaks until I saw this pic.

2.jpg

This pic tells a different story. His neck, right shoulder and left arm, at the very least, needs an overhaul. Now I think it's best that Eric redo this statue.

You know, I was thinking the samething. I thought he needed only a few tweaks until I saw this pic.

2.jpg

This pic tells a different story. His neck, right shoulder and left arm, at the very least, needs an overhaul. Now I think it's best that Eric redo this statue.

Totally agree AC!

That's the difference between XM and the other company that can not be named.... If a statue doesn't meet XM standards they redo it, the other company that can not be named would still push it out COUGH COUGH CR Superman PF COUGH COUGH

Yea, I'm glad XM has pride in what they push out. Thor is one of my favorites, so I'd like to see him made right.

What about the PO date, tho? Does it get pushed to the right?

Typically I prefer Thor's modern design to this classic version, but I am interested to see what they do when they remake this statue. As is it was an easy pass for me.

Agreed. I'm a massive Thor fan and saw tons of potential in the current design...that said there is no need to force something if it's simply not improving much by doing tweaks it's best to go back to the drawing board IMO. Again happy to see XM refusing to compromise on their statues and willing to start from zero than put out something that isn't up to the quality/standards they are nailing with some of their other statues (Thanos, Magneto, Hawkeye, ect...)

I hope it's a Modern Thor in the recent God of Thunder Ribic series for his costume.

I would love that as it is exactly what I would want. But I think they are going for the classic looks of each character so I doubt it will be that this time around.

That's the difference between XM and the other company that can not be named.... If a statue doesn't meet XM standards they redo it, the other company that can not be named would still push it out COUGH COUGH CR Superman PF COUGH COUGH

It also helps that XM is not as large and/or tackling as many projects simultaneously as the other company. There are certain liberties that XM enjoys as a smaller company...that could change if XM becomes larger, accepts more licenses, etc...

But I agree with you Dan, I do love the fact XM currently has the flexibility to make changes if they feel a sculpt is problematic.

:lol

Are we talking about Voldemort here? I laughed so hard when I read this in spit milk out of my nose at the dinner table

It also helps that XM is not as large and/or tackling as many projects simultaneously as the other company. There are certain liberties that XM enjoys as a smaller company...that could change if XM becomes larger, accepts more licenses, etc...

But I agree with you Dan, I do love the fact XM currently has the flexibility to make changes if they feel a sculpt is problematic.

Wow what a great post. Seriously.

I would think it would be the opposite, SS is a much larger company then XM so it should easier for them to take the loss and redo a statue more so then a small company who has a lot smaller budget.

The way I look at it personally is that SS is ran by bean counters where as XM is ran by artists so their priority's are defiantly different. Hopefully XM never changes...

Back