XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon! Where's the SGTCC pics of Thor? Is he not on display?

C'mon! Where's the SGTCC pics of Thor? Is he not on display?

10609573_714212938668124_2319601078393441743_n.jpg

10409065_714212998668118_4085085982877796546_n.jpg

Oh that's good news then. I thought the head sculpt were finish project basically.

That's got to hurt when another sculptor has to step in and fix your statue... I'm glad Eric is going to work on this because IMO right now Thor looks like something Sideshow would push out the door... For XM to stamp their name on this it defiantly needs a lot of work.

Oh that's good news then. I thought the head sculpt were finish project basically.

That's got to hurt when another sculptor has to step in and fix your statue... I'm glad Eric is going to work on this because IMO right now Thor looks like something Sideshow would push out the door... For XM to stamp their name on this it defiantly needs a lot of work.

When I look at the older pics the headsculpt looks far more solid. I wonder if Tony C lost the sculpt at one point. Now I don't mean PHYSICALLY lost it, but added some here... took some away there, and in the end lost what looked really cool about it. It is actually a very common thing with actual PHYSICAL artwork. Knowing when to STOP is a key element or you may destroy a piece. As for Sosa revisiting this. If what I have heard is true about the process.... Well lets just say it will be one of the most unique projects I have EVER heard of.

Those legs are *still* looking too skinny. I know people replied "it's the angle" last time, but I've yet to see an angle where they didn't look tiny, especially relative to his arms.

Hoping Sosa adjusts them...

Same here. If this is classic thor, then I hope Eric pulls from Walter Simonson's version of Thor. In that version, Thor has awesome looking legs.

Those legs are *still* looking too skinny. I know people replied "it's the angle" last time, but I've yet to see an angle where they didn't look tiny, especially relative to his arms.

Hoping Sosa adjusts them...

Totally agree with you.

At this point I'm glad Thor isn't a homerun and I was planning on going with a SS release instead. My XM list so far looks like Cap, Magneto, Wolverine, Thanos, Iron Man and now Phoenix. My fuzzy math tells me that's like a total of 6k in one year. I need some breathing room.

I must say.... This piece is no no good. Their other stuff is friggin rockin Azz. This one is stuff and I'll proportioned. I feel bad for the sculptor. I think Sosa will fix it though. It needs more life for such a powerful character.

I must say.... This piece is no no good. Their other stuff is friggin rockin Azz. This one is stuff and I'll proportioned. I feel bad for the sculptor. I think Sosa will fix it though. It needs more life for such a powerful character.

XMs weakest piece so far.
Is this their only hand sculpted piece? They excel at rendering it would seem.

I really think Tony C just lost the head sculpt over time. His WIP pics were amazing.

Back