XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark for shipped out my Cap that I bought from SC. Man if I would have known I wouldn't have got price gouged. Never buying from SC again, lesson learned.

#271 arrived today and I must admit...I'm in trouble. There is so much to love with the statue itself and the attention to detail from XM.

The box and packaging itself is a masterpiece. The box is fantastic and everything was packed so well that I don't think anyone should be worried about pieces being shipped overseas. I'm fairly certain the box could be dropped and everything would be fine.

The piece itself is great. The paint is fantastic. All the lines are clear and the shading is perfect. If heft is your thing, this has it.

If I had to nitpick, I'm not 100% in love with the eyes...like many. To me the blue is a little too light and is a little too...something. Can't really put my finger on it. But it is isn't anything close to a reason to pass on this. Do I love this more than the original Cap PF I used to own? Yeah, I do. No regrets here at all. Bring on more!!

#271 arrived today and I must admit...I'm in trouble. There is so much to love with the statue itself and the attention to detail from XM.

The box and packaging itself is a masterpiece. The box is fantastic and everything was packed so well that I don't think anyone should be worried about pieces being shipped overseas. I'm fairly certain the box could be dropped and everything would be fine.

The piece itself is great. The paint is fantastic. All the lines are clear and the shading is perfect. If heft is your thing, this has it.

If I had to nitpick, I'm not 100% in love with the eyes...like many. To me the blue is a little too light and is a little too...something. Can't really put my finger on it. But it is isn't anything close to a reason to pass on this. Do I love this more than the original Cap PF I used to own? Yeah, I do. No regrets here at all. Bring on more!!

Looks like Hawkeye was put on the back burner eh? :lol

Congrats dude. Great to here yet another positive review and satisfied XM cap owner!

Ironically, the only negativity I've heard about this statue comes from the people that don't even own it Hmmmmm...... Weird

amyzetyr.jpg

apy8yzu6.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Looks like Hawkeye was put on the back burner eh? :lol

Congrats dude. Great to here yet another positive review and satisfied XM cap owner!

Ironically, the only negativity I've heard about this statue comes from the people that don't even own it Hmmmmm...... Weird

Yes, this certainly puts the Hawkeye right back at the forefront of stuff I "need". ;)

XM is for reals! finally had time to pick up my jaw and from what I seen I have to give it a 9/10 overall, for all the efforts in the excellent packaging to QC. This is what SS should be doing. I agree that something is a bit off on the eyes but it's a small nick pick. I even have to say that this rivals my custom full sculpted Cap....almost ;)

Last edited:
Let's play a game. Rank the XM statues. You can base it off of liking it, or quality or what ever.

Quality rank:
Cap
BW
Magneto
Hawkeye
Ironman
Hulk

I hope you all enjoy this harrowing tale of Captain America......

SOOOOOOOOO....I finally got my Captain America from XM Studios. Folks I would like for you to take a harrowing journey with me.

Let us begin.....

I get my box and guess what I see....some f'd up **** I thought's happened to me.
16gx24w.jpg

So I grab my camera and take some pics with no flash....all the while thinking that my days gonna be trashed.
1116uz9.jpg

A water damaged box...hmmm you've got to be kidding...I'm sure my statue's screwed..what a damned summer's sitting.
51wkcx.jpg

With barely a tug on the box end it tore like yeast roll....maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead and take a loooooonnnnggg stroll.
24cul3c.jpg

I decide to push on and lo, there was a sight...the box was sealed in plastic no water touched it right?
vg5roj.jpg

With mad haste I unloaded the art print to see...and hearken to me it was perfectly damage free.
zl68f9.jpg

Even the registration instructions was all crinkle free.
2jbnrxk.jpg

With abated breath I began the main course for the night, I swear if FED EX f'd my box up, they're all dying tonight!
izx4jn.jpg

The story will continue........

Let us continue......

Lifting the heavy ass box was tiring and maneuvering it was a chore.....but was surprised to see with all the outside damage, only this corner had the slightest crease and was really easy to ignore.
11r6mhu.jpg

The packaging was boss and the Velcro was tight....but if this heavy box dropped on my foot I would have cried all night.
opy53s.jpg

Happily I opened the package but joy sooned turned to fright.....look at the top cover, Fed Ex dropped this box alright.
mueu0l.jpg

As I gathered my self I was happy to see....all the pieces were in place safe and snuggly as could be.
242a139.jpg

With strength and resolve I scrutinized the rest of the box....and saw the awesome XM team behind it all and read the brief history of Captain A's hard knocks.
155nujb.jpg

a3kpav.jpg

The final chapter of this tale will soon conclude......

The final chapter begins.....

The head was the first to unveil, you know like when you unzip your pants to take a ***** out.....the head of Captain A was perfectly painted....no QC issues in doubt.
9ay45g.jpg

Next up was the flag of the US, both sides turned out alright.....my day was getting brighter as the QC was perfectly tight.
hrzuy0.jpg

23wjivd.jpg

When I took out the base I thought a slipup in QC was bequeathed....fortunately I was informed it was nothing but algae or mold on the street.
wa3886.jpg

The rest of the base was boss and everything else perfectly in tow.....the most important part was next taking the Captain's body out for show.
2iicod2.jpg

With everything now completed to see, Captain America wants you all to hear......you can trust in XM Studios to bring you the best packaging for'ere.
With all the problems the shipper had the box was like carbonite....the product arrived damn near perfect and I can happily bid you all a goodnight.
9bdj0k.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this harrowing tale of Captain America!

The box I swear feels like it weighs a good 30lbs..and it is as durable as Adamantium. If this dropped on your head from a height of just 2 to 3 feet....it is instant death. Phenomenal packaging....phenomenal QC with the exception for me of a faded green smudge of paint on the base. There is actually two spots, but the Captain stands on top of one of them. This should be an easy fix. Aside from the hiccup of that on mine...everything else is QC extraordinaire. There is absolutely no sloppy lines at all on the entire statue, flag, shields....anywhere. ITs as crisp as a fresh hard apple. I can say without question this is BY FAR, the best Captain America statue I have ever seen or owned. The paints are exceptional, the sculpt is superb, and the extras make this standout even more than it already does. The print is smoking.

I would have to give this a 9.5 / 10. The only thing that keeps this from hitting a ten in my opinion is that some of the options are overkill and unnecessary. I would rather have a second unmasked head sculpt than one of the extra arms that comes with this. The different display options is still more than just about anything else offered from any company I have ever seen. The only statue I can remember that packed a lot of extra stuff that changed the look and feel of the statue was the Sideshow Silver Surfer Comiquette.

I now own the one and only Captain America I will ever need. This is darn near perfection to me and am now waiting for Hulk.

Last edited:
Back