XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. This piece looks fantastic, but is it $918* fantastic? :dunno

*Speculative Fiction price including shipping and taxes

You will always get a subjective answer but I do believe XM has some strong points to back the price they ask:
1. Amazing Sculpt
2. Production pieces that are as close as you can get to the Proto
3. A Quality Control that at the moment is second to none
4. Great packaging, man this guys make sure you get this amazing piece untouched to your house.
5. 500 ES!!! When was the last time you saw SS pull those numbers :dunno

For me the price they ask for this piece is more than worth it, and IMHO you can't say this is a $918 you could have got this piece a few months ago with one of the amazing gentelmens of the forum (shout to TCSC) at $550 + shipping . I'm used to paying more for statues, SS won't ship to my country but saying that Superman PF is a $600 statue just because that's what I have to pay to get it to my home would be lie. Just my point of view, happy collecting to everybody and congratulation to Slynger on such an amazing piece :hi5:

You will always get a subjective answer but I do believe XM has some strong points to back the price they ask:
1. Amazing Sculpt
2. Production pieces that are as close as you can get to the Proto
3. A Quality Control that at the moment is second to none
4. Great packaging, man this guys make sure you get this amazing piece untouched to your house.
5. 500 ES!!! When was the last time you saw SS pull those numbers :dunno

For me the price they ask for this piece is more than worth it, and IMHO you can't say this is a $918 you could have got this piece a few months ago with one of the amazing gentelmens of the forum (shout to TCSC) at $550 + shipping . I'm used to paying more for statues, SS won't ship to my country but saying that Superman PF is a $600 statue just because that's what I have to pay to get it to my home would be lie. Just my point of view, happy collecting to everybody and congratulation to Slynger on such an amazing piece :hi5:

I'm not taking sides. But that is exactly how I scale pricing. Cap pf is a $450 dollar statue, thanks to taxes and shipping. Hulk, $620. Thor will be $465. Just like you said, subjective. But if I'm being honest, I care about the total cost to get a statue to me.

I'm not taking sides. But that is exactly how I scale pricing. Cap pf is a $450 dollar statue, thanks to taxes and shipping. Hulk, $620. Thor will be $465. Just like you said, subjective. But if I'm being honest, I care about the total cost to get a statue to me.

Of course I get that reasoning, I know US buyers aren't used to high shipping prices. As I said earlier Superman PF would end up being a $600 Dlls statue for me, they way I usually see it is, its a $400 statue in which I get screwed over with the shipping because SS won't ship to my country (tough luck). But yeah in the end what matters is that you are happy with what you payed :).

By the way if any of you crazy ****ers (fine gentlemen) is really interested in getting Cap from BBTS send me a PM because I'll probably cancel my pre-order in a few weeks, already got mine with Kenny.

Savage what you are not factoring in is the resale value of the statue. There are loads of guys here who at least in part have financed the hobby by buying multiple of the original SSC grails, and selling their extras. While I doubt many Americans will by 3 of these I am willing to bet there will be guys here who buy 2 of some of these and then flip one. However they have the ability to do so.. Keep in mind they are years more invested than we are.

I'm considering keeping my bbts order to flip if this statue starts to shoot through the roof. Should have time to see if it does before bbts gets their stock. I wouldn't want to sit on it for too long.

I'm considering keeping my bbts order to flip if this statue starts to shoot through the roof. Should have time to see if it does before bbts gets their stock. I wouldn't want to sit on it for too long.

Be down to sell it to me for $500? :monkey3

XM Studios Cap! #441 :rock

mynamabe.jpg

gyquqyje.jpg
ubegesy6.jpg

jy2y9a5e.jpg

emyde3a4.jpg

Little Details
garesy2a.jpg

se8e2e9u.jpg

This guy is amazing. XM knocked this clean out of the park. It is, without a doubt, the iconic representation of Captain America in my book. This is what the Cap should look like. The paint is simply flawless and the shading in the midsection is amazingly well done. I love the little details, like the star on the bottom of his boot and the stars on his pouches. XM really paid attention to everything.

I would like to give a public thank you to Tavegg as he is the one who helped me contact the seller and the whole process was very smooth all the way through. So, thank you.

Hey buddy great pictures and review!! I'm really glad you decided to pull the trigger on this and happy that it's everything you hoped it would be. Congrats on owning such an amazing statue!! Appreciate the shout out as well. Very cool Slynger

It's a great idea Surly but your going to have to sit on it for awhile. Even though this is sold out at a manufacturer level it's still obtainable. If you can put him in a box tucked away for a year or two..... That's where you'll be able to make some extra cash or use him as trade bait. With a 500 ES you'll never lose your initial investment on this guy. Always new people coming into the hobby that will have missed XMs first release. We all go through it. Chasing down old grails and such.

It's a great idea Surly but your going to have to sit on it for awhile. Even though this is sold out at a manufacturer level it's still obtainable. If you can put him in a box tucked away for a year or two..... That's where you'll be able to make some extra cash or use him as trade bait. With a 500 ES you'll never lose your initial investment on this guy. Always new people coming into the hobby that will have missed XMs first release. We all go through it. Chasing down old grails and such.

Yeah, which is why I'll likely drop the bbts order. I could conceivably sit on it for a year, but I don't want to. Too much money and really, too much space.

Yeah, which is why I'll likely drop the bbts order. I could conceivably sit on it for a year, but I don't want to. Too much money and really, too much space.

I feel you man. It's alot of Mula to have sitting in a box for that type of timeline and the space is killer. Caps box is huge. It's hard enough to make space for the empty ones

What way? When I cancel it goes back in stock immediately, so if I pick a specific time with someone, they can be sure to grab it.

That's how it usually works , but yesterday I tried cancelling my Cap for a fellow freak and mine never went "in stock" after I cancelled...weird. I refreshed immediately, and checked for a while so I don't think someone else could have snapped it that fast.

That's how it usually works , but yesterday I tried cancelling my Cap for a fellow freak and mine never went "in stock" after I cancelled...weird. I refreshed immediately, and checked for a while so I don't think someone else could have snapped it that fast.

Really? That is bizarre. People do have alerts set for changes in BBTS order page activity. Must have been that. Far as I know BBTS has no reserve or wait list system. It's all first come first serve when something is available.

Really? That is bizarre. People do have alerts set for changes in BBTS order page activity. Must have been that. Far as I know BBTS has no reserve or wait list system. It's all first come first serve when something is available.

Yeah I knew BBTS works that way that's why we set an exact time to do the cancellation. Well if someone snapped Cap that fast then he sure as hell wanted that statue more than most people do haha.

Back